Muse

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Muse

Post by maddy<3twilight »

i hated it at first, i thought the lyrics were sooo stupid,
"i was searching, you were on a mission and then our hearts combined like a neutron star collision"
but it definitley grew on me and i love love love love love it <3
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

So glad to hear it, maddy<3twilight!

What did everyone think of the placement of the song in the film?
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

bella fiori wrote:So glad to hear it, maddy<3twilight!

What did everyone think of the placement of the song in the film?
oh man HATED it, it was actually ridiculous.... Angela; "oh my gosh i loove this song" **cringes** :lol: i think it wouldve probably been a better placement had they not used that line, i dont know with that line it just kind of seemed to me as though they were purposefully trying to draw attention specifically to that song and using that to try to shift more copies of it.
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

i didn't like the placement at all! they should have played it at an actual part instead of having it at the party...
it's supposed to be one of the top songs for the movie and they play it for PARTY MUSIC?! :x
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
GoldenLeaf
Settled in Forks

Post by GoldenLeaf »

“When we were in the studio writing it, one minute they said they wanted to use it in the end credits, and then they said they wanted to use it in another scene,” Chris explained. “Then it was another scene and, in the end, we were like, ‘Do what you want with it, we don’t care any more.’ ”
In the same article, Chris Wolstenholme said that Muse had "sold their soul" by being on the Twilight soundtracks in order to get exposure in the US.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/10609997
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

yep i saw this article a couple of weeks ago id use a really strongworded insult here but obviously its not allowed, they "sold their soul" to Twilight, whatever as if they haven't used the saga to their advantage as much as its "used" them, i bet all the money theyve made from having songs appear in the films and on the soundtracks is just soo painful for them to take as well, i truly think theyve let the hype go to their heads just a little bit, bring back the days when they were a relatively small band and their heads werent so far up well you get the gist :lol:
**TEAM EDWARD**
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

I can't locate the original article, but the direct quotes Chris gave that I can find are:

“It’s very difficult in America, because you don’t have anything like Radio 1, nothing is national. You have to take every opportunity you get over there, and sometimes you have to sell your soul.”

And about the soundtrack:

“I’m not sure how cool it is to be on those kind of things, but sometimes you’ve just got to get your music out there in different ways.”

Doesn't exactly sound like a giant F. U. to Twilight. :?

Does anyone have a direct link?
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

theres one on nme.com somewhere but it'll take an age to find shall post it when i find it :D
**TEAM EDWARD**
Beautifultragedyx21
Settled in Forks

Post by Beautifultragedyx21 »

You can find it on Muselive.com. I refuse to go on that sight because...well everything you need to know is in the fourteen pages of "Neutron Star Collision-New single of the Twilight Saga Eclipse" I've never been so victimized in my life. I know this is the internet, but jesus, I thought youtube was bad. Elitest Muse fans are NASTY. And it's not just you saying that you like Twilight. If you say you like Black Holes and Revelations or The Resistance, half of them will nag at you and ask why the hell do you like those albums, Muse sold out, blah blah blah. It's music! I swear some people don't understand that Muse is just a band.

But anyway. Yeah. The "Sell Your Soul" article can be found at Muselive at your own risk. Just don't go in the comments (especially of a twilight related post) and you'll be fine.

Did anybody else have really bad Anti-Twilight Muse fan experiences?
When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

Beautifultragedyx21 wrote:Did anybody else have really bad Anti-Twilight Muse fan experiences?
weelll most of my mates are hardcore musers and dont really appreciate the twilight thing, but theyre only jokingly abusive to me about it not anyone else. however i do agree with the whole muse sold out on black holes and revelations i liked their first 2 albums, but i think thats just becuase i liked them when they first came out and then kinda got over once everyone was loving them :lol:
**TEAM EDWARD**