Muse

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Re: Muse

Post by bella fiori »

Muselive is horrifically elitist. If your favorite Muse song isn't Twin or something, you're an idiot over there. :roll:

And there's a bad Twilight backlash everywhere, not just in the Muse forums (though it might be worse there). How many times have you heard someone sniff that they "will NEVER read or see anything related to Twilight," like it's beneath them? On the other hand, for crying out loud, there's a reason it became so popular. Same with Muse. I wish the backlash would settle down already.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

agreed it is getting yawnsome now :lol: but ive tried to silence my friends about it, theyve toned down their comedic abuse a little now so i guess theyre getting bored :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Beautifultragedyx21
Settled in Forks

Post by Beautifultragedyx21 »

[quote="bored by the sea"][/quote] however i do agree with the whole muse sold out on black holes and revelations quote]

hahah Really? That's tied for my favorite with Origin of Symmetry. Though I recently got into them. I had a few songs from Showbiz and stuff and I thought they were okay. And then my friend saw them opening for U2 and one thing lead to another and now I'm seeing them live for the second time tomorrow. But yeah I've only been a huge fan for about a year or so...but I don't agree with "selling out" with Muse. Black Holes was just the insane result of locking themsevles up in Pink Floyd's old studio in France with no outside contact. If that happened to me, I'd write an album like Black Holes too. And the Resistance is a joke. I love it...but it's a joke.
When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.
Beautifultragedyx21
Settled in Forks

And hahahah XD That's so true about Twin. Seriously, I hate Twin. Okay I don't hate it but from all their early b-sides Twin and Pink Ego Box are my least favorites.
When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

Pink Ego Box wouldn't be so bad, but those lyrics are terrible. The only song I truly can't stand is Yes Please. I'm just never in the mood to hear it all the way through, apparently.

Agreed about The Resistance. The entire thing is completely tongue in cheek.

And, though I love Black Holes & Revelations, it probably is the weakest of all of them. Selling out? Well, if that's what it was, then not in the way that most bands do. I think Matt Bellamy himself said that album was 'overproduced.' That fits.

How was the gig, Beautifultragedyx21? Do you wish you could spend December in Australia?
Beautifultragedyx21
Settled in Forks

bella fiori wrote:Pink Ego Box wouldn't be so bad, but those lyrics are terrible. The only song I truly can't stand is Yes Please. I'm just never in the mood to hear it all the way through, apparently.

Agreed about The Resistance. The entire thing is completely tongue in cheek.

And, though I love Black Holes & Revelations, it probably is the weakest of all of them. Selling out? Well, if that's what it was, then not in the way that most bands do. I think Matt Bellamy himself said that album was 'overproduced.' That fits.

How was the gig, Beautifultragedyx21? Do you wish you could spend December in Australia?

Oh. my. God. Especially NOW! At my gig in NJ I got Citizen Erased and for the states or anywhere that's not Europe, I thought I hit the big time. And then there's australia getting Take a bow, Bliss, Citizen Erased, and SUNBURN in ONE. GIG. That's like a Wembley setlist!! That's almost better than the Wembley Setlist! I'm saying to myself it was because of Dom's birthday but jeesuss. Jealous, much?
Beautifultragedyx21
Settled in Forks

OH! And Chris finally corrected...or I should say defended himself...on the "sell your soul" comments. Apprently they were taken out of context, again proving that the media is the worst thing ever invented.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/musi ... 5965726924
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

Yes, there's some favoritism for Australia, for sure. Lucky you, getting Citizen!! Part of me died in a fiery rage when I heard that New Jersey got CE. It seems like everyone but me is getting that song now, especially in Australia. :cry: Six rarities in one show was pretty stunning. Though, I remind myself, they sacrificed Stockholm Syndrome and Unnatural Selection, two of my favorites to see live, to get all the others in. (Not that it wouldn't have been worth it -- I'm just trying to make myself feel better...)

I saw them 4 times this year and got Take a Bow once, but Feeling Good 4 times. Four!!! The Sunburn videos I've seen from Australia are amazing...all on piano...how simple it would have been to replace just one of those FGs for something else...

Thanks for the link about Chris's clarification on Twilight. I wish THAT was getting as much publicity as the original comment.
Malteser
Settled in Forks

Post by Malteser »

WOW!!! I love you guys!!!! seriously...all my friends hate them, they all love MCR, all time low and green day and I'm just like...erm...cough...muse? And they're like ewwwww...they creep me out!!! I'm sooooo glad I'm not the only one in the universe who loves them to death!!!