Disney Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cathrine
Settled in Forks
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:58 am
Location: Norway

Re: Disney Movies

Post by Cathrine »

hands down to disney movies. im 22 but i still love my disney lol
favorite gotta be the emperors new groove.
and isnt cars a disney/pixar production?
Icon by me.

Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Posts: 756
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Disney Movies

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I have a 5-year old living in my home every two weeks and I love the fact we do now own all those disney movies the most. Lovely.
Image
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!

Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry
Posts: 4875
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:00 pm
Location: Australia, looking for my Joker! <3

Re: Disney Movies

Post by Jasper<3 »

Cathrine wrote: and isnt cars a disney/pixar production?
I forgot about Cars. My grandpa is practically obsessed with that movie!
List, Gnat ♥
Image

roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:06 pm
Location: East Coast USA

Re: Disney Movies

Post by roseaurora »

Did you all know that Cars was a "remake" of an old Micheal J. Fox movie called Doc Holiday?

I was watching TBS or some such channel one weekend and that movie started, I wasn't really paying attention but what I caught seemed SO familiar... and then I realized it was the same story as Cars, only he was a big shot Dr. and not a race car, haha.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Image
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!

threethings
Phase Control Expert
Posts: 6173
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:14 pm
Location: Twittering.
Contact:

Re: Disney Movies

Post by threethings »

roseaurora wrote:Did you all know that Cars was a "remake" of an old Micheal J. Fox movie called Doc Holiday?

I was watching TBS or some such channel one weekend and that movie started, I wasn't really paying attention but what I caught seemed SO familiar... and then I realized it was the same story as Cars, only he was a big shot Dr. and not a race car, haha.
What? That's cool! I'll have to see that. Thanks!
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage

Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Posts: 1575
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:14 pm
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Re: Disney Movies

Post by Carrisa »

Cars is also based on an actual event about a Route 66. It's basically the same story: the route was used to get to California for a long time until an interstate was built and put Route 66 out of business. Now it's just a scenic route.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Image

eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:32 pm
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind
Contact:

Re: Disney Movies

Post by eden1437 »

I haven't seen cars yet!! It's like one of the only Disney films I haven't seen (well that and Herbie fully Loaded with LL) but I love The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin....ok who am I kidding. I pretty much love all of their animated stuff but I can't get into Lady and the Tramp but love the Aristocats!!
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

Image

gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:19 pm

Re: Disney Movies

Post by gamb1t »

Lol i'm a 21 year old GUY and I love disney movies. My girlfriend actually makes fun of me for it. Some of my favorites: Mulan, Lion King, Aladdin, and many more. Actually, the disney channel used to have some awesome movies, such as: Smart House, BRINK!!!!, Johnny Tsunami, and I could keep going but I'll let other people mention some lol.
ImageImageImageImage

eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:32 pm
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind
Contact:

Re: Disney Movies

Post by eden1437 »

gamb1t wrote:Lol i'm a 21 year old GUY and I love disney movies. My girlfriend actually makes fun of me for it. Some of my favorites: Mulan, Lion King, Aladdin, and many more. Actually, the disney channel used to have some awesome movies, such as: Smart House, BRINK!!!!, Johnny Tsunami, and I could keep going but I'll let other people mention some lol.
I totally agree, some of the Disney Channel movies used to be great, my fav was Rip Girls with Camilla Bella...they never show it anymore :(

--And speaking of age (I'm 21 too), is it just me, or as you get older you notice how much violence is in the animated movies?? LOL
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

Image

gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:19 pm

Re: Disney Movies

Post by gamb1t »

eden1437 wrote:
I totally agree, some of the Disney Channel movies used to be great, my fav was Rip Girls with Camilla Bella...they never show it anymore :(

--And speaking of age (I'm 21 too), is it just me, or as you get older you notice how much violence is in the animated movies?? LOL
I agree. There is quite a bit. However, I was watching rated R movies when I was 6, and I turned out ok. So, I don't think violence is bad if someone is there to explain it's wrong. But yes, there is violence in almost every disney movie it seems.
ImageImageImageImage

Post Reply