Disney Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: Disney Movies

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

*screams mentally* Its historically freaking accurate! Its not racism!!! They just made a black princess to show that they weren't discriminating. That has nothing to do with the story being racist. GRR.

Here's a list of every single Disney movie. Lets go through and check off everything that has both parents.

Hercules has both parents! Well, god-parents anyways. His mortal mommy dies at an unknown point in time. Does that count?
Do they have parents in Debknobs and Broomsticks?
In Dinosaur there's both lemur parents still alive...
In Meet the Robinsons (no one's mentioned this movie yet!!!) the older... what'shisface has a wife, so techincally there are both parents there.
What about Pete's Dragon? I haven't watched that in years, so I don't remeber if they have both parents...
So, yeah. Those are about the only other movies I can find that may/may not have both parents shown.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I saw Princess & The Frog & liked it A LOT more than I thought I would. I thought it was kind of weird how when I first heard about it that Tiana would be a princess (like Jasmine) and she wasn't. (But she did become one.) But I still really liked her & enjoyed the movie. I don't think it was racist it showed how things were back in New Orleans in that time period.

I noticed that in Toy Story Andy doesn't have a dad (and that he's never mentioned.) But to me that's just showing how there are a lot of families now days with just one parent. I can't think of any right now but aren't there movies w/like an unlcle/aunt and not biological parents?
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:*screams mentally* Its historically freaking accurate! Its not racism!!! They just made a black princess to show that they weren't discriminating. That has nothing to do with the story being racist. GRR.
Sorry I offended you....(If I did...) :mrgreen:
Okay, got it... historically accurate...
But I think that the real test for Deisny is if they'll make another movie with a black main charecter. One movie can be just to get people of their back..(just speculating...)
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I would *maybe* understand the racist argument if Disney had never made a movie where the "princess" was a servant or poor until they had a black "princess", however, that is not the case so I think the big fuss over it being racist is just people looking for something to complain about.- you can't make everyone happy, someone will always find something to jump on.

I can't wait for the day when it won't matter what color a character's skin is, they are just a character and no one has to put a label on them based on race. I feel like the people that make a big deal about it are being more racists than Disney was...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

I guess you are right... And I did make a big deal..I dunno, it looks a bit suspicious, but who am I to judge?
After all there were white princesses too who were poor... like Cinderella.
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
BabyEsme2203
Learning to Love Green

Post by BabyEsme2203 »

I LOVE DISNEY MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cough* thats all i have to say xD
Image Image
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

*feels like I'm going to get a scolding from the mods for posting on all of these dead and buried threads tonight*

So...has anyone else seen the new trailer for the Tangled sequel? Personally, I'm really excited for it because it's more like the classic Disney films than some of the other stuff they've had lately, and I really liked the first one. :D
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote: So...has anyone else seen the new trailer for the Tangled sequel? Personally, I'm really excited for it because it's more like the classic Disney films than some of the other stuff they've had lately, and I really liked the first one. :D
It's not actually a sequel. It's just a short that will be shown before Beauty and the Beast 3D when it goes to theaters Jan 13th.
But yes it looks really cute! The only reason I'm not considering to to BnB 3D is to see the Tangled short.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
cavin
Settled in Forks

Post by cavin »

Toy story 3 is my favorite Disney movie
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

pennybug~Well that's a bummer! Luckily I found out that (shockingly) the local theater here is showing BatB, so I'm trying to see if I can go see it this weekend - in 2D though, because I don't think the classic disney should be messed with like that - and see the Tangled short. :)

Has anyone else seen the stills for Brave? I'm really looking forward to it, but sad that it's supposed to be the last 'princess' film. I also heard that even though it's a period piece, they will have the pizza delivery truck in it. Supposedly in a witch's hut or something among various other 'strange' items. Will definitely have to look for it when I see the film!
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed