Star Wars Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jonsgirljen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Star Wars Movies

Post by jonsgirljen »

EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs wrote:
Mrs. Jasper Hale wrote:There's a Star Wars cookbook?! Where did you get it? I must have one!
Actually, there are two, and I want them both!
I have the first one...my fiancee and I found it when we were walking into this used bookstore over this past summer and it's amazing! I had no idea that there was a second one though...I really want it! It would be an awesome addition to our collection, plus I bet it has some great recipes in it!
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

RETURN OF THE JEDI!!!!!
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I was watching some of Return of the Jedi yesterday (on MTV of all channels) and I just love those little ewoks!! They are so dang cute. They remind me of a big teddy bear. Seriously if someone made them I would so buy one in a heartbeat. For some reason my mom doesn't like them. She told me she just remembers thinking when she first saw the movie they were the dumbest things ever. I don't know what her problem is, but I LOVE them!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
AvidDreamer
Settled in Forks

Post by AvidDreamer »

I'm definitely a Star Wars fan and I blame it all on my husband. :mrgreen: Our first date was to watch Episode III and he actually missed the big fight scene between Obi-Wan and Anakin because he was looking at me with a beautiful smile on his face... :oops: After that cuteness, I couldn't help but want to like Star Wars since he was into it so much. I had always had an aversion to the series and had thought it poorly written and boring as a teenager, but now I'm a big fan. Reading a lot of the books the films were based on and Expanded Universe comics like Legacy as well, helped me see that everything Star Wars isn't necessarily poorly written... it's just the stuff that George Lucas has a direct hand in that's awful *hides from the Stormtroopers that will inevitably come knocking at her door*!

My favorite movie has got to be Episode III because of the emotional significance it has to us, but I also really like watching Anakin's transformation into Darth Vader (even if the dialogue between Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman in the series is incredibly painful to have to watch) and the execution of Order 66. Also, the creature that Obi-Wan rides on, the veractyl (?)... I want one!

And did someone mention Star Wars cookbooks?! Will I finally get my husband into the kitchen?

Me: "Honey, I'm gonna make Wookie Cookies, want to help?"

MyPersonalEdward: " *Chewbacca growl* "
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

AvidDreamer: Wow! That is such a sweet story! For your husband to just watch you during such a climactic fight instead of watching the fight is just...AWWWW!!!

Anakin's transformation is my favorite part in all 6 movies! It is just amazing!

The cookbooks are cute but nothing amazing! They are just normal recipes with Star Wars name. Like I made Sandtrooper Sandies that were just normal Sandies! But I have had a lot of fun with getting my brothers action figures out and make them pose with my creations!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
AvidDreamer
Settled in Forks

Post by AvidDreamer »

Awww, thanks! He is a cutie and it was a big deal for him... but don't worry about my husband having missed too much, he'd already seen the movie once! :lol:

I think it's great you pose the action figures with your creations, makes it all the more authentic! I wish my husband would be content with just the action figures though... he's repeatedly stated he wants me to go to ComicCon in full Togruta (Shaak Ti's race) makeup!! Personally, I'd rather be a Jedi or an Imperial Knight if I'm ever going to do something outrageously nerdy like that... but do you think if I agreed to walking around as an exotic alien lady that he'd wear body glitter and a semi-open white shirt for me?? He does have a six pack! :twisted:
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

AvidDreamer: I do believe that you dressing up like Shaak Ti and going to Comic Con is a very fair trade for him wearing body glitter and a semi open white shirt! If you really think about it, he is getting the better end of the bargain cause he wouldn't require paint or a costume! Maybe you can help him settle on a metal bikini or something instead! :D

Ok where did you find your husband and does he have any younger brothers? ;) :lol: I am such a Star Wars nerd that I hope to wear a remake of Padme's wedding dress for my wedding! :oops: It is only going to cost a few thousand dollars to make!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
edward's#1fangrrl
Wandering Through Town

Post by edward's#1fangrrl »

pennybug84 wrote:I was watching some of Return of the Jedi yesterday (on MTV of all channels) and I just love those little ewoks!! They are so dang cute. They remind me of a big teddy bear. Seriously if someone made them I would so buy one in a heartbeat. For some reason my mom doesn't like them. She told me she just remembers thinking when she first saw the movie they were the dumbest things ever. I don't know what her problem is, but I LOVE them!
I know where you can get one!!! They have stuffed ones at this gigantic toy store at Disney World (along with Darth Tater t-shirts, and other various Star-Wars related things), and I bet you could get them online too!!!!! Thank goodness for eBay!!!!!
soul alchemist
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by soul alchemist »

I watched all the movies but I like the new ones better.
The most gorgeous twins in my world.
clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by clpviolet »

I never liked Star Wars as kid...I just thought they were this stupid, boring movie my parents and family decided to watch like all the time. *ducks out of the way, while everything including the kitchen sink gets thrown at her*

Sorry, but honestly I would go to my room and hangout by myself for a while until the movie was over. I told my husband the same thing when Revenge of the Sith came out: "sorry honey, not interested". Well, he didn't take "no" for an answer and insisted on schooling me in Star Wars. We had a marathon before the movie came out and then we went to go see it.

I guess it's ok. I am definitely not a fanatic like with twilight or HP or even Buffy/Angel. The story of how Anakin becomes Darth Vadar is so tragically sad and heartbreaking. Like Padme literally died of a broken heart. Before, when episode 1 came out, I could not imagine how that sweet little boy could become so evil. To see it play out for myself, it breaks my heart too :cry: .
Anyways, don't hate me too much I am just a child of the 80s who didn't understand, and didn't really try....
Until I got married. Vi
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms