Tim Burton movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Tim Burton movies

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

Yeah! I'd definitely see that.
Or better yet, if they made Wicked into a movie. There's a lot there for him to make darker. And they'd probably cast Helena Bonham Carter as Elphaba, which would be amazing to me.
Love your banner btw! :)
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Ooh, I hadn't thought of Wicked, but that would be incredible.

Thank you, I found it on a Google image search or something...
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
emilycullenx
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by emilycullenx »

Beetle Juice and The Nightmare Before Christmas are kjhsfdgamazing. Tim Burton is quite epic.
Ohmygosh and Corpse Bride? It leaves a lingering hint of death after watching it... but it's so amazing~
"every single memory is erasing;
going back to the times when we were strangers.
"
littlelamb
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by littlelamb »

I will always have a special place in my heart for Edward Scissorhands and I love Big Fish because it was a different approach for him. Other than that, the Tim Burton movies are all so predicatable and it's getting kind of boring. Weird make up, creepy people/scenery and the same actors over and over again. His early stuff was great because it was new and fresh and now it's just stale and leaves something to be desired.
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Tim Burton doing Wizard of Oz would be epic! but, there was this movie that came out on scifi a year or two ago called 'The Tin Man' which is like the Wizard of Oz and it was semi-dark...almost Tim Burton style. :) So I watched it and loved it. So...if he never does WoO...we at least have the next best thing to that.

OMG! I saw the Alice In Wonderland trailer today! :o :D I find it funny how the only other name that is on the trailer besides Tim's (if you don't count the ens with the 'credits') is Johnny's. It doesn't even say who Alice is. :lol:
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
IluvEdward27
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by IluvEdward27 »

He is like my all time favorite Director. I love Sweeny Todd and Edward Scissorhands.
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

Beetle juice and Planet of the apes, and Edward scissors hands are some of my favorite classic films he directed.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

I didnt relaise he directed Beetle Juice. That is a funny ,great film, although scary if watching it too young an age! I like how he uses Johnny Depp and Helen Bonham Carter in his gothic dark films as they play the roles so brilliantly and are well suited. Loved The Nightmare Before Christmas too and have that on DVD.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Oh man! Every time I go to the theater and I see the posted for Alice in Wonderland, I want to steal it..It is so awesome..I love Tim Burton..Yeah, some of his movies would creep me out a little, but even with his creepiness, he is an unbelievably creative visionary of a film maker.
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

I didn't know he was making Alice in Wonderland and if we all know Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland might be a darker and eviler version? Am I right?
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.