Harry Potter movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Harry Potter movies

Post by LilyMorgana »

I was very unhappy when they changed the release date of HP6. (Unhappy is kind of an understatement to be honest.) I know I always love the books more than the films, but still ... I really need some more HP in my life right now!!! Over the years watching HP every year had sort of become a tradition of my two best friends and I but now we have to skip a year. :cry:
Myeah, I'll live I guess. I'm just wondering how they are going to continue with the promotion of the film. I mean, if they keep releasing movie stills and trailers than we can almost start reconstructing the film on our own if you get what I mean.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

*Bloodlust* wrote:
luv_edward_cullen wrote:Ok that time turner bit just confused me even more...
Confuses us all. :? My brother and I also made a new revelation that it was future Dumbledore that told Harry and Hermione to go back into the past. CRAZY stuff. Too complicated. Gives people headaches.

And the moving the HBP movie, RIDICULOUS! :evil: The things people do for money these days! It's absolutely absurd. It's GREAT that Twilight's been moved up, but honestly, I'm just too ticked off about Harry Potter to really feel much happiness.
A little off topic but has anybody seen Deja Vu with Denzel Washington? It's a great film and deals with time travel a little. I highly recommend it.

And yes, I am very upset that they moved HBP to JULY1!!!! :twisted: but I think it's because they want the furor over Radcliffes broadway exploits to pass over before they start marketing to children again. It would very awkward for parents to have their children say "Ohhh I want to see Harry Potter in the play"...and then try and explain why they can't take them. Much like I would see Edward in ANYTHING right now! Dusting off Vanity Fair as we speak.

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
one_tuff_cupcake
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by one_tuff_cupcake »

yeah i could see how that might cause a problem. but doesn't it seem like HP is more teenagers these days? i mean the books are classified under children's but i doubt a 7-8 year old would find a book that size appealing you know? well i guess a few would, but my point is that most of the fan base are teens. or older..
Pastry Sisters❤ I <3 Peeta E<3B :)BAMF(: = Edward
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Even though they changed the movie date sucked, I'm looking forward to seeing HBP.

When I went to see TW, we had the HBP trailer and it was awesome. My son and I both looked at each other and said "We are so here, when it comes out."

We saw OoTP when it came out and he loved it but I was like it's okay, there were parts that I did like but was overwhelmed with the film and still to this day, it's my least favorite.

When I went to see TW for my second time I was hoping to see the trailer but nada/nothing. I hope after all the time between the first release date and the final one, that this movie is the best. I mean they have how many months to edit/re-work it so they just better "Bring It" or there will be alot of disappointed and po'd people.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
RockChick
Settled in Forks

Post by RockChick »

I got a really silly n stupid question to ask so plz don't laugh... i'm not a HP fanatic so I don't know much about the movies lol.

Okay I know that Rob has a decent size part in Goblet Of Fire... but his character gets killed in this one. So how can he be in the movies after that? Is it a flash back clip from GOB in Order Of The Phoenix? Or what. I bought GOB just cuz Robs in it and on the cover. But if there is nothing new or he is only in OOTP for a few seconds I don't wanna buy it on DVD. :lol:
Lara Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Lara Cullen »

RockChick:

Rop won't appear in anymore HP movies at least not doing anything new, he can however appear in flashbacks but it's unlikely =| I think you shouldn't buy the DVD lol
Everyone looked up adrenaline rush on Google after they saw the movie. =)

LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

RockChick wrote: Okay I know that Rob has a decent size part in Goblet Of Fire... but his character gets killed in this one. So how can he be in the movies after that? Is it a flash back clip from GOB in Order Of The Phoenix? Or what. I bought GOB just cuz Robs in it and on the cover. But if there is nothing new or he is only in OOTP for a few seconds I don't wanna buy it on DVD. :lol:
He's only in OOTP for a couple of seconds. He plays a picture of himself there. (Pictures can move in HP.) I wouldn't recommend buying the entire DVD just for those few seconds. :)
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Kat.Flow
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kat.Flow »

I've seen the movie Deja Vu elizabella, I think was wonderful :D

Returning to topic,
one_tuff_cupcake wrote: but anyways aren't you so excited to see the memories and then jealous Hermoine !! eeeek. *excitement*
Yes!!! I've seen stills of the movie and the new trailer, I think the scenes with Lavender and Hermione being jealous will bring a lot of fun! :P
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

I'm currently trying to decide if I should reread all the books to get me all set for HBP or if I should just re-watch the movies. I tend to be really possessive of the books (I wrote a major paper on them) and I don't want to be over analyzing everything in the films? On the other hand...do I really need an excuse to see our little vampire again :lol: He looks so innocent and YOUNG in GOF

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
lauralovescullens
Wandering Through Town

Post by lauralovescullens »

i really hope they do half blood prince justice
unlike the other films! :evil:

i dont think im gonna reread i before i see the film becasue then i will be constantly picking holes throughout the entire film
I kept trying to kidnap Jasper but Alice is always at his window waiting for me. How does she kn- OH RIGHT!!!!
Private Laura Nicoll of Jaspers Confederate Army