Harry Potter movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Harry Potter movies

Post by JenJen2112 »

its probably trying to get the interest of families too because HBP is pretty dark in my opinion so if they show a few comedic scenes parents feel better taking older kids...
fanpire_336
Settled in Forks

Post by fanpire_336 »

as much as I love the movies, every one passed the Prisoner of Azkaban has disappointed me. I think the switching of directors for almost every film has changed the mood and flow of the storyline. I think that they should have kept the first director for all of the films because of how well he did on the first and second films. :x But, oh well, I still love the films. :D
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

Did anyone else here that HBP is going to be rated PG? Can you believe it? I can't. I am just hoping that it is true to the book and was rated that instead of them taking things out so that it could make that rating.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

RATED PG???

Are they on drugs???

It can't be PG. Who would want to bring their little kid to see the love story stuff and killer spells and things they are not going to understand? This suprises me.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

it surprises me too that they made it PG...the last 2 movies were PG-13 and were successful...I hope it doesn't suck because they cut out the darker parts...that was the whole thing...they get darker as they got older
Caitygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Caitygirl1 »

I just looked up order of phoenix and it said the movie is rater PG-13 for sequences of fantasy violence and frightening images. It says HBP is rated PG for scary images, some violence, language and mild sensuality...

I dont understand the logic behind these ratings as you have been discussing. Order of phoenix WAS a dark book and I suppose the movie reflected that, but I feel HBP is just as dark if not darker...
A simpler place,
where love was defined in simpler ways.
One plue one equals two.."

Team Edward -- Dazzling since 1918
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

It is way darker! That is what is so shocking about the rating! The only way I can think that it could be PG is if the rating system is becoming more lenient and things! Like kids who are younger than 13 are watching things that are way worse so why not make it PG!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Maybe the rating was given before they decided to change the release date. From the trailer's that I saw it shouldn't be rated PG but then you have to figure that there are probably kids younger then 13 that have seen the other movies and read the books that they figured it was okay for anyone to see.

I can't wait till it comes out. The trailer that I saw was great and I'm really excited to see how everything from the book is translated onto screen and if it will be somewhat close to the storyline.

I also agree that all the directorial changes have effected how the movies came across but then I see that as the series movies along, the subject matter becomes a little darker so a director that can convey that is needed.

When the first two movies came out I wasn't a fan but when I watch them now, I understand that there had to be that innocense (?). Now that Harry and the rest of the crew are older and know the wizarding world and what is in store for Harry, it's only going to get darker, just like the books.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Caitygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Caitygirl1 »

I doubt the fact that kids younger than 13 have seen the other movies is reason enough to change a rating. It simply just must mean that it isn't enough to make the PG-13 cut.

Also, As many times as I've "youtubed" the trailers to get my Harry Potter thrill.. I love being taken off guard by them. I went to see he's just not that into you (realllyyyy good movie btw) last night and was SHOCKED when I recognized - due to memorization - the beginning of the trailer. A movie as Chick-flick as you can get and there I was jumping out of my seat from excitment form the unexpected Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Trailer.. nothing compares to that
A simpler place,
where love was defined in simpler ways.
One plue one equals two.."

Team Edward -- Dazzling since 1918
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Has everyone seen the promo shots of Narcissa Malfoy?
http://media.the-leaky-cauldron.org/gal ... med_06.jpg
I don't like it. :| Especially the hair.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|