Harry Potter movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mz.cullenn
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Harry Potter movies

Post by mz.cullenn »

The 6th Harry Potter movie is going to be epic!
I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN.

Proud Cullenist, Member of Alice House and Supporter of Team Edward, Baby!
-VMT Queen of Diamonds-

I LOVE ME SOME JASPER.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

okay, to put a disclaimer out there: I have never read the harry potter books (i've never been aware of them, to be honest *hides*). The only reason i've gotten into the movie was to watch GOF to see Rob in it.

I was sooner or later, was GOING to watch the movies someday because of my friends thought they were good. somehow, i managed to watch them in January i think. I remember seeing the OOTF posters in the movie theatres, like all over the place (and yet they don't have any for twilight :evil: ) well, anyhow. I thought the movies were incredibly well done. I watched them in order too, and i was completely engrossed in the films. the special effects, the musics and sounds and the actors are fantastic. Somehow i've grown to be incredibly fond of Ron. I mean i love harry and everything, but it's RON WEASLELY. Rupert Grint is perfect, and his "freaked-out" expressions are priceless.

I could also see, the improvments progressing in each film. for instance, the order of the pheniox was very well done. the special effects and each detail were faceted with such imense detail even more than the first movies. i don't know. i might be imagining it, but that's how it appeared to me. and i also noticed they don't have the same directors for all the movies. so i guess that's part of it, each different director has a different vision to bring the book(s) to life.

I also after i watched the movies went to buy the first book and i was really disappointed with it. somehow it didn't have the same magic as the movie. the books had a slow pace. okayyy, i don't want hate mails my way (since i reckon the books are huuuuuuuge), so i'll stop.

I am really excited for the half-blood-prince. i watched all the trailers soon after they were released and i am stoked for it. HBP seems even better than the rest of the movies (though the prison of azkaban is my favourite), and i also heard a new trailer came out. and WOW, it looks fantastic. can't wait.

I also bought the DVDs for GOF and POA. YAY!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^You won't be getting any hate mail from me malaz, it's cool to like whatever you want to like and no one should be hasseled for that.
I just liked the books better because they have so much in them that you miss in the movies. Yeah, the special effects are cool, but what about all of those different things in the books you don't get in the movie? It started with the 4th one where they cut out plot stuff for action stuff and wouldn't make it longer, which annoyed me. Same with the 5th one. I'm just over the movies.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

it's not so much that i don't like the books. I mean, that's where the movies originated from. But i've lost my chance to experience the books first (the books are always always better than the movie adaptation, at least that's what i think) but i've made the mistake of watching the movie first, so reading the books now, it would be just repeatitive experience (sp) but just in words, there won't be that "magic" because i've already know what will happen, how the characters look like...
see, i did the same thing with Pride and Prejudice. i watched the movie first and now, i own the book and i can't seem to be able to finish...it.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Wow, malaz. I think youre like, the first person I've ever seen who has read the books, and seen the movies, and liked the movies better. That's rather shocking.
I don't condemn you for it, though. Its just... shocking. Wow.
I, personally, don't like the movies for their story, and Daniel Radcliffe (UGH!). But the speical effects and animation is freakishly cool!
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:Wow, malaz. I think youre like, the first person I've ever seen who has read the books, and seen the movies, and liked the movies better. That's rather shocking.
I don't condemn you for it, though. Its just... shocking. Wow.
I, personally, don't like the movies for their story, and Daniel Radcliffe (UGH!). But the speical effects and animation is freakishly cool!
i haven't read the boooks (only 3/4 of the Sorcer's (sp) stone) - i realize now that my previous post was confusing, blech
but read my disclaimer on my first post. :D
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

so i've officaly become a full-fledged HP fan. and a huuuuge one too. what made last night even much better than i thought possible was that i saw the HBP NEW trailer on the big screen. it was so amazing and i was so engrossed in it. i got goose-bumps. it so good <33
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Saw the trailer for HBP during Twilight. It looks good, but I can wait until July. I think they'll do a good job on this one, I feel like they will, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

Oh HBP did look amazing! I can't wait. I started to re-read the book back in like July or August because I wanted to have it fresh in my mind for he movie and then I heard they pushed it back. And thats when I found Twilight and fell in love with that. If I hadn't read Twilight I don't think I would have been as okay with it bing pushed to July.

But I'm so excited for the movie. I know it will never be as good as the books, but I've always been okay with that. I just love watching the movies to experience one of my favorite series coming to life. Its cool to see how they think things look..
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

I love the books, and no movie can compare to the one in my head...however, I think the HP movies are good. It is fun to see my favorite characters and stories on the big screen. I cannot wait for HBP! Though I will cry like a friggin baby. No spoilers for those who don't know the story, but 5 6 and 7 has me crying like a big ole' baby.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!