Harry Potter movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Harry Potter movies

Post by debussygirl »

Richard Harris is bomb-no one could ever do a better Dumbledore. He was just so sweet and patient, but had the ability to be strong and someone Voldemort doesn't want to cross. The new Dumbledore they got creeps me out. Have you seen his fingernails?? Ugh! *shudder* He seems very distant from Harry to me, and not a very Dumbledore-ish person.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by RajaniArchana »

I liek Richard Harrish for his looks, but his voce was really kind of...i dunno, shaky? He really looke the aprt of Dumbledore but I wish his vocie was a ltitle stronger, he sounded really breathless all of the time ;)

Micheal Gambon's voice I like; his deliverance of Dumbleodre, hwoever, I'm not too fond of. Like when he slams Harry up against the trophy case in GOF and demands if he put his name in the goblet, or in OotP when Trelawny is sacked and Dumbledore's like, " Haven't you all got some studying to do?" in that really sharp voice. My brother hs never read the HP books but he's seen all the movies, and in that scene he was like, " You know, this guy who plays Dumbledore is sort of a rear-hole...that's not what Dumbledore's really like, is it?"

I'm like, "......No."

I wish they could've gotten Ian McKellin for Dumbledore, even if he did already play one powerful wizard. Whenever I read the books I hear his voice in my head. :roll:

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I agree on the Ian McKellan idea. When I see him as Gandalf the White Wizard, I totally picture him as Dumbledore. That would have been great casting.

I like both Richard Harris & Michael Gambon. They each bring someting different to the role of Dumbledore. Harris reminded me of the kind caring grandfather & Gambon reminds me sometimes of the crotchty old man but he has a reason behind his motives.

I like them both.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Here is the link to the newest trailer that was released on the net today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmrsslucpZg
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

I've never been very fond of the HP movies. Don't get me wrong, I've went to see every one of them and I own them all on DVD but I guess I just expected more. The books were so good and then the movies come out and it was just a let down. Like in HP 4 were they spend 20 min. on the dragon scene. Yeah it was a big part in the book but nothing like what they made it. And then they changed the story lines a bit by adding and taking away characters that were originally in there.

*I will say I love the Twins, they are so funny and very cute*
RajaniArchana wrote:I liek Richard Harrish for his looks, but his voce was really kind of...i dunno, shaky? He really looke the aprt of Dumbledore but I wish his vocie was a ltitle stronger, he sounded really breathless all of the time ;)

Micheal Gambon's voice I like; his deliverance of Dumbleodre, hwoever, I'm not too fond of. Like when he slams Harry up against the trophy case in GOF and demands if he put his name in the goblet, or in OotP when Trelawny is sacked and Dumbledore's like, " Haven't you all got some studying to do?" in that really sharp voice. My brother hs never read the HP books but he's seen all the movies, and in that scene he was like, " You know, this guy who plays Dumbledore is sort of a rear-hole...that's not what Dumbledore's really like, is it?"

I'm like, "......No."

I wish they could've gotten Ian McKellin for Dumbledore, even if he did already play one powerful wizard. Whenever I read the books I hear his voice in my head. :roll:
I agree with you. I know actors like to take characters and make them their own but he completly changed the essence of Dumbledore. I didn't like the scene at the ministry of magic either, they changed it and made Dumbledore hateful and harsh...much like he was throughout the entire movie.

I would love Ian Mckellin as Dumbledore...I loved him in TLOTR, I can definatly picture it.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^^^^ Hehehehehe... like your banner!
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

soozabooza54 wrote:^^^^ Hehehehehe... like your banner!
haha, thank you :D
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by RajaniArchana »

GUYS! New HBP trailer! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcV4K-4wa74

It includes the Ron/Lav kiss scene and the Burrow Burning (and a HILARIOUS scene of Harry and hermione at the end, which I have to transcribe, Just...because XD)

Hermione *snapes fingers* Hey! She's only looking at you because she thinks you're the chosen one!

Harry: *cheesy grin* I am the Chosen One!

*whack*

Harry: ow. Sorry. Only kidding.

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Thanks for the new trailer links.

I can't wait till next summer (UGH, that's like forever) but I know that when it does arrive, I will totally be itching to see it.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

I think Richard Harris was the perfect Dumbledore. He had that wise, sweet old man thing about him. Micheal Gambon is alright, but at times he seems to harsh or mean to be Dumbledore.

Ian McKellan would be good, but he'd never do it. I remember reading something a long time ago with him saying he wouldn't want to be Dumbledore. I can't remember his reasonings. I think its the fact that he as already been a powerful wizard in LotR.

But Micheal Gambon is okay. I just don't like how he looks kind of hippie-ish with his beard tied in a ponytail type deal. Thats too weird.

RajaniArchana wrote:GUYS! New HBP trailer! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcV4K-4wa74

It includes the Ron/Lav kiss scene and the Burrow Burning (and a HILARIOUS scene of Harry and hermione at the end, which I have to transcribe, Just...because XD)

Hermione *snapes fingers* Hey! She's only looking at you because she thinks you're the chosen one!

Harry: *cheesy grin* I am the Chosen One!

*whack*

Harry: ow. Sorry. Only kidding.
Ooh haha that was awesome! But its too far away...July...:(
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)