Harry Potter movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CullenLove
Settled in Forks

Re: Harry Potter movies

Post by CullenLove »

I am in love with HP movies.
Every time I see a HP movie, I always want to be Hermione.
It's CRAAZY!
Anyways, I hate how they moved it next summer! :roll:
Why couldn't it be on December?
What if I'm not the hero?
What if I'm the bad guy?
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

To be honest, I was annoyed for most of September at the WB for moving the new film to July, but now I'm kinda glad they did. I would have seen the movie and would have had my dad scratching his head with me asking for money for the Twilight film.

I really don't like the way the movies are going, but the only thing I love about them is that if it had not been for HP, I may not have ever know who Robert Pattinson is.
Nathlie_Cullen15
Settled in Forks

Post by Nathlie_Cullen15 »

I absolutly LOVE the Harry Potter movies!! I have them all on that shelf over there -points to shelf-. I mean I think they're awesome. I even got Diego's little sister to like the movies!! hehe.
But I mean who can not like those movies? They're great!! But I doubt they'll be better than -drum rolling- TWILIGHT!!!
eeeek!!!
I can't wait for that movie!! lol

Yup..
I have my own vampire boyfriend, tooz!!! ;)
Michiyuki
Wandering Through Town
Location: Out on Patrol along the border of La Push with Jake playing tag...

Post by Michiyuki »

I like the HP movies but for some reason they aren't as good as the first one despite I'm in love with the goblet of fire one, (hint, Hint) but to me I kind of fell out of them, I loved the first one, the first one was good, but still the matter as he grows older, not as much attractive anymore (to me at least)

I love love them
Not gonna ever own what's mine, When you’re always taking sides?
But you won’t take away my pride, No not this time, not this time

Team Jake
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

I don't know who posted up the link for the international trailer, but thank you. It looked AMAZING! It's sucks so much to think that we could have been seeing HP6 next weekend and now we have to wait for over 6 more months! Agh!!
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

*Bloodlust* wrote:I don't know who posted up the link for the international trailer, but thank you. It looked AMAZING! It's sucks so much to think that we could have been seeing HP6 next weekend and now we have to wait for over 6 more months! Agh!!
I totally agree with you on that. Even though I am totally counting down the days till I can see Twilight, I am totally bummed about HP.

I was disappointed with how OoTP turned out and was eagerly awaiting HBP since that my favorite book. I was pissed about the change in date. A whole year just sucks. It also threw off my and J's yearly movie schedule (J is my son). It's been October - Saw, November - HP and throughout the rest of the year a few movies here and there.

So, all I can say is that HBP better be really good or I'm going to go "postal." Can you imagine if it's not all that? I don't want to think about it but it's starting to creep in.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Skylar, you might not want to get your hopes up... I didn't like OotP as much either, and while HBP was better, it's definitely not as strong as GoF or PoA. They changed a lot of stuff... we'll see what they change between now and when it's released in July. I wonder if they took any fan feedback into consideration... *shrugs*

Regardless, it's Harry Potter, so the movies are fun. But if you are expecting just like the books, get ready to be disappointed.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by RajaniArchana »

I'm totally psyched for HBP regardless. One thing I pride myself on is taking in stride the differences between books and their movie adapations. Sure, I nitpick while I'm watching, but I can love the books and movies as a seperate entity...almost as another way of telling the same story. OotP was my favorite Harry Potter movie...I liked how much more of a role they gave SIrius, and how much less of a mopey jerk he was as opposed to the book; a liked the subtle Harry/Ginny that you have to look really hard to see. Even though these thigns wer not in the book, or were different, I still loved them. Same with (off subject, but whatever) Eragon. Most people hated the movie. I just looked at is as a different way of telling the story of the book. And it's still one of my favorite movies <3

Another note on HBP---I think the whole attack on the Burrow thing that everyone is kind of effed about is actually really interesting. I always thought of HBP as a bit boring...I know all the stuff about Voldemort's past had to be explained but it took me forever to get into HBP because it wasn't as action-y as the previous books (and it was a bit drama-oriented, with Ron and Hermione and harry and Ginny...though I lvoe teh pairings, that angle sort of bothered me) and I also was deeply saddened by seeing all of the changes in the characters. Not that change is bad, or that it wasn't well-done, but for whatever reason seeing malfoy pull away from Crabbe and Goyle realy made me sad, as did The D.A. just kind of splitting, going their seperate ways...and then Harry missing Sirius (which I hope the movie doesn't downplay) and numerous other things that we just don't know what the writers tweaked and twisted...it's almost exciting, and I really hope they add a spice of action divergent from the book. It will be superb :D

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
StarEmerson

Post by StarEmerson »

[quote="RajaniArchana"]I'm totally psyched for HBP regardless. One thing I pride myself on is taking in stride the differences between books and their movie adapations. Sure, I nitpick while I'm watching, but I can love the books and movies as a seperate entity...almost as another way of telling the same story. OotP was my favorite Harry Potter movie...I liked how much more of a role they gave SIrius, and how much less of a mopey jerk he was as opposed to the book; a liked the subtle Harry/Ginny that you have to look really hard to see. Even though these thigns wer not in the book, or were different, I still loved them. Same with (off subject, but whatever) Eragon. Most people hated the movie. I just looked at is as a different way of telling the story of the book. And it's still one of my favorite movies <3[quote="RajaniArchana"]

Thats exactly how I look at it. Only coz it's not gona change. But also I got to rant ..... Warner Bros and the Directors are too far gone in making as much money as possible and making it appeal to as many people as possible they forgot about the billions of fans? How about appealing to them!! I loved the first two, and am sure the billions of die hard fans did too. The scripts were so similar to the books. But now.... wow! I can understand cutting stuff to fit it in, but what really gets to me is adding stuff that doesnt happen in the book "to make it visually dinamic!!" Grrr! And don't get me started on putting it back nearly a whole year. :evil:

Rant over! Sorry everyone! :oops: Don't get me wrong though, I still love the other films just wish they would stick to the story a bit more.
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

MiharuSkii

Post by MiharuSkii »

I love the HP movies, but HP it self is getting kind of old to me. I think it's because of all the extra stuff that comes out with it. Not only do you have the movies and the books, but there is candy, mock textbooks, fake wands, chess sets(which I want), deatheater masks, etc. I honestly love the concept of the whole thing, but there is too much merchendise that's coming out and it seems like the people making it seem like they're just trying to make money(which there's nothing wrong with that, but this is just rediculous.
Can't wait for HBP to come out though.
ImageImageImage