Harry Potter movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
StarEmerson
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Harry Potter movies

Post by StarEmerson »

awesomejen1 wrote:I love the books, and no movie can compare to the one in my head...however, I think the HP movies are good. It is fun to see my favorite characters and stories on the big screen. I cannot wait for HBP! Though I will cry like a friggin baby. No spoilers for those who don't know the story, but 5 6 and 7 has me crying like a big ole' baby.
Me too, GOF movie made me cry the most, (Cedrics father :cry:)

OOTP not as much. It wasnt the same as the book for me, I just didnt feel as sad as when I read the book.

When I go to see HBP I am going to take a box of tissues because I cried so much when I read the book.

And then, DH, what can I say??? It will be exhausting! :cry:
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

malaz wrote: Somehow i've grown to be incredibly fond of Ron. I mean i love harry and everything, but it's RON WEASLELY. Rupert Grint is perfect, and his "freaked-out" expressions are priceless.
Ron is my favorite character too. Rupert Grint is perfect for the part. I think Harry is kind of lame in the movies. I don't know, I just really don't Daniel Radcliff. Everyone is probably going to hate me for saying that, but he is just annoying to me. Probably because I love Ron so much.
cedwardrox

Post by cedwardrox »

I think both the movies and books are all great. Although, I just relized last week when I saw Twilight and saw the preview for Half Blood Prince, that I'm not very found of the dark turn the books took. In Sorcerers Stone, it was all fun and made you laugh. After the third, it just went downhill. I don't mean the books got bad, I just mean they got sadder, and more serious/dark. I don't know why, but that suddenly hit me really badly.

I don't know. I'm confused. :?:
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." (EC)
"What a stupid lamb." (BS)
"What a sick, masochistic lion." (EC)

Team Nessie. NO! Not the Loch Ness Monster!

E<3B (Team Edward)
R<3B (Team Renesmee)
cedwardrox

Post by cedwardrox »

I think both the movies and books are all great. Although, I just relized last week when I saw Twilight and saw the preview for Half Blood Prince, that I'm not very found of the dark turn the books took. In Sorcerers Stone, it was all fun and made you laugh. After the third, it just went downhill. I don't mean the books got bad, I just mean they got sadder, and more serious/dark. I don't know why, but that suddenly hit me really badly.

I don't know. I'm confused. :?:

E<3B (Team Edward)
R<3B (Team Renesmee)
cedwardrox

Post by cedwardrox »

SORRY GUYS!! I DON'T KNOW WHY THAT POSTED TWICE. SORRY!!
Last edited by cedwardrox on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

E<3B (Team Edward)
R<3B (Team Renesmee)
Jessalyn118
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jessalyn118 »

Before I got obsessed to Twilight books, I'd been addicted to harry potter books and movie..
Like I collect articles, magazines, posters, books, stuffs HP related, i even sent letters to the actors,
but last year when my attention was switched to Twilight, I just forgot HP, HP became #2 in my life..after twilight..rofl
"It's all about who you know"

"In that case, i hope you enjoy disappointment"

Edward Cullen

Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

MissMagnolia wrote:Ron is my favorite character too. Rupert Grint is perfect for the part. I think Harry is kind of lame in the movies. I don't know, I just really don't Daniel Radcliff. Everyone is probably going to hate me for saying that, but he is just annoying to me. Probably because I love Ron so much.
I totally agree with you! Ron is definitely my favorite character in the books and the movie. Rupert Grint is aweosome and does such a great job. I have never been that impressed with Daniel Radcliff. When he was younger he was kinda cute but now he just kinda annoys me.

One thing that has annoyed me is the have given Hermione/Emma Watson way more screen time than Ron/Rupert. Like she is more of Harry's friend than Ron.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
Kat.Flow
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kat.Flow »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:
-It feels like Twilight's replacing Harry Potter by taking its release date. No offence to Twilighters but nothing can replace HP.

-Nahh, I prefer the HBP movie. I'm not as excited for Twilight as I am for Harry Potter. The trailers got me all excited and stuff but then WB moved it to July and now we have to wait for 8 more months. *cries*
Well, I agree with you. I love Twilight and all but (no offense to any Twilighter) HP for me is the best. When I heard that HBP was moved to July it was sad, but when I heard that Twilight was going to be in the originally date of HBP, it became worst. The HBP book is the #2 in my rank of the HP books, so I was pretty excited by seeing the movie.

Although I must say that the new trailer is pretty cool! :D
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

I was sad when I found out that HBP was coming out in July instead of November. I had already made plans to see it in November! I wasn't a fan of Twilight yet when the announcement had been made so it didn't really affect me all that much. I am glad now though because had Twilight not come out when it did or if it came out with HBP I probably would never have read it!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Why in the world is ABC Family playing HP for 25 days of CHRISTMAS?????
It bugs me a lot. They are NOT Christmas movies!!!!!!
Same for Cars, Mary Poppins, and The Incredibles.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com