Harry Potter movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
igotrhythm
Settled in Forks

Re: Harry Potter movies

Post by igotrhythm »

AH! I, too, am EXTREMELY ANGRY ABOUT THE CHANGED RELEASE DATE!!!!! I mean, it was solely about money. Harry Potter will make enough money for them to be satisfied whenever it is released! The movie was ready, so why do they have to move it to a season when there won't be any other major films to take away from Harry Potter sales? IT'S RIDICULOUS!!!!!

And, about time-travel, I think that time doesn't actually "stop" when they go back in time, but the time the spend in the past is only an instant in the present. So no time actually passes while they are in the past. It just seems like no time at all to anyone in the present, and when they return their sense of time returns to that of the present as well. Did that make any sense?
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Post by aurelia92 »

i was in england and read it in Lite.. i thought theyd made it up. like, seriously, what the HECK are they thinking? im beyong mad, beyond sad...:( itd better be worth it. if not.. grrrr... :evil: :evil: :evil:
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

igotrhythm wrote:And, about time-travel, I think that time doesn't actually "stop" when they go back in time, but the time the spend in the past is only an instant in the present. So no time actually passes while they are in the past. It just seems like no time at all to anyone in the present, and when they return their sense of time returns to that of the present as well. Did that make any sense?
Yes, that made perfect sense. There's only one problem. It's part of one theory. There are maaaaaaany theories of time. One being what you said about going back in time being no time at all. Just a second to everyone else.

I believe otherwise. I don't think time EVER stop [i.e. it runs on a continuum], so that means when they went back to 7 pm, time never stopped and when they return to when they left, time continued on and they're approximately 3 hours behind where they should be. It all depends on which theory on space and time you choose to believe. Physics and Calculus are all VERY confusing and mind-boggling. Hence why I'm staying away from them!
Last edited by *Bloodlust* on Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

*Bloodlust* wrote:
igotrhythm wrote:And, about time-travel, I think that time doesn't actually "stop" when they go back in time, but the time the spend in the past is only an instant in the present. So no time actually passes while they are in the past. It just seems like no time at all to anyone in the present, and when they return their sense of time returns to that of the present as well. Did that make any sense?
Yes, that made perfect sense. There's only one problem. It's part of one theory. There are maaaaaaany theories of time. One being what you said about their going back in time being no time at all. Just a second to everyone else.

I believe otherwise. I don't think time EVER stop [i.e. it runs on a continuum], so that means when they went back to 7 pm, time never stopped and when they return to when they left, time continued on and they're approximately 3 hours behind where they should be. It all depends on which theory on space and time you choose to believe. Physics and Calculus is al VERY confusing and mind-boggling. Hence why I'm staying away from them!

i agree with the lat statement...and might i just say your sig made me die of laughter...XD Edward not birth control...hahaha awesome
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
nads
Settled in Forks

Post by nads »

i'm annoyed that WB changed the release date just because money. HP has it own fans. no matter what season they release HP movie, the fans keep watching.
just hoping it's worth the wait.
twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter4eva »

im sad that they moved the hp release date back. :(
but here's a fun fact
the guy who's playing voldemort as a child is the actor who is playing older voldemort in real life's nephew! i thought that was cool.
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

the hp movies piss me off! sometimes they're really good and sometime not, the books were good and the movies have to portray that. the changed date is dumb, why!? im happy that twilight is moving up, but no that HP is going down
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

I think we've all established the fact that we're ticked off at WB for pushing HBP back 8 months.
clumsy_bella
Wandering Through Town

Post by clumsy_bella »

I'm mad about it. That's almost 11 months away! And 11 months is almost a year :( :x
Banner made by...not me. Thank you liveandlove19, whoever you are.
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pixiealice »

mlola619 wrote:
Anyone else kinda annoyed by the fact that they only moved it for money purposes?

Boy, did it tick me off when I heard that! Just because they made enough money for the year, they need to save HBP for their blockbuster next year? Big SCR*W YOU to the fans!