Harry Potter movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nala
Wandering Through Town

Re: Harry Potter movies

Post by Nala »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:^^I agree with you on Gambon, I NEVER liked him, ever. I'm glad he dies, not Richard Harris.
oh, I never thought of this point of view :? ... :lol:
dandyvampgirl_13 wrote: It assuaged my hatred of booktomovie adaptions, especially where HP comes in. So long as there's good dead people scenes, and not a lot of Lavender, I think I might acutally like the movie... Oh, and lots of Quidditch!
Well, most of the adaptions are not that good but I am overwhelmed with Lord of the rings (extended Versions ofcoz :mrgreen: ) never thought that they, sorry, that Jackson would get that close...
ALWAYS _________________________ Image
_____________________sorry to the unknown artist, couldnt detect you. still: I adore this image so! thank you!
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I am one of the millions of people who are upset about the pushed back release of the 6th film. I am a big Harry Potter fan and proud!!! Love the books and the movies. Granted I have been ticked at the stuff missing in the movie, but I understand 800 pages only 2 hrs...So...
I am also a huge Twilight fan. I am both!!! I was so looking forward to having both of my favorite books to movies coming out within 3 weeks of each other. I would watch both of them!!!!!!!!!! It made me mad to have to wait another year to see HP. I want them both to come out now so I can see them. Then I will still buy the DVDs. It read they said they moved it because summer movies do better than November movies. But they had released (i believe it said 2 movies) in November before and those ones did better than the ones that were released in the summer! That doesn't support their we want more money thing!!! You are still going to get the same amount of fans...
But whatever I can't change their mind, so I guess I have to put up with seeing it in July!
ImageImage
prettyinpaleskin
Wandering Through Town
Location: On the island shaped like a teddy bear! no one? oh fine ireland!

Post by prettyinpaleskin »

Nala wrote: Dumbledore never shouted, jumped like this dude Gambon did in the goblet of fire.
dandyvampgirl_13 wrote: I'm glad he dies, not Richard Harris.
ugh i so agree with you guys! i would have been upset if harris guy died but i have no love for this annoying man!

i was saying this to my friend in the cinema during the movie wit a re-enactment of him grabbing harry and doing the ridiculous 'did you put your name in the goblet?!' and my friend laughed so much we missed most of the movie and disturbed rather a few of the people around us! :lol:
I hate television. I hate it as much as i hate peanuts. But i just can't stop eating peanuts.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Nala wrote:Well, most of the adaptions are not that good but I am overwhelmed with Lord of the rings (extended Versions ofcoz :mrgreen: ) never thought that they, sorry, that Jackson would get that close...
I think LOTR is the ONLY movie adaption I've ever liked. And The Bourne Identity. Seriously the only two that ever do even slight justice to their books.
Not to mention all the hot guys in them... the only cute guy in HP is Fred...
brianna_cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by brianna_cullen »

im sad that the HP movies r being moved so far back, but hey, twilight comes out sooner. NOVEMBER 21, babe. make ur calenders. thats my birthday too!!!
Edward can bruise me anyday.

luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

brianna_cullen wrote:im sad that the HP movies r being moved so far back, but hey, twilight comes out sooner. NOVEMBER 21, babe. make ur calenders. thats my birthday too!!!
happy early birthday!

It feels like Twilight's replacing Harry Potter by taking its release date. No offence to Twilighters but nothing can replace HP.
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

I love the movies. I thought that even though they had to twist the plot some in order for it to make sense, I still enjoyed them. *shrugs*

I like Daniel Radcliffe, but he needs to grow! He's so short. Ha ha. But I like the cast.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I love everything Harry Potter, just as much as I love everything Twilight. I've liked all the movies except the last, there was just something missing for me. I know that they have to pick and choose what is in the books to relay to the movies but I think that Order came up a little short.

As for the actors, I love them all. When Michael Gambon replaced Richard Harris, I was kind of concerned but I think that he brings a different element to the Potter/Dumbledore relationship. He is more of an confrontational/aggressive Dumbledore but that what is going on in the later books, whereas Harris' Dumbledore was more protective and caring.

I wasn't too happy about the relase date but there's nothing I can do about it but sit and wait and in the meantime, there is always Twilight.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

skylarblue wrote:I love everything Harry Potter, just as much as I love everything Twilight. I've liked all the movies except the last, there was just something missing for me. I know that they have to pick and choose what is in the books to relay to the movies but I think that Order came up a little short.
For real? I really liked the Order of the Phoenix movie! To me the worst HP movie(thus far) was the Goblet of Fire. *shakes head* In all honesty, that movie is PAINFUL to watch.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

*Bloodlust* wrote: For real? I really liked the Order of the Phoenix movie! To me the worst HP movie(thus far) was the Goblet of Fire. *shakes head* In all honesty, that movie is PAINFUL to watch.
Don't get me wrong there were parts of OOtP that I liked. I liked Harry & Luna (I love Luna) & I competely loved the ending when they went to the Minestry (to find the door in Harry's dreams) & everything that followed. Umbridge & the Weasley's provided good moments but other than that, there wasn't much to the movie. It did show us more of the new characters & I enjoyed those moments but the movie as a whole left something to be desired. To be honest, I had to force myself on my 5th time watching to actually sit & watch the entire thing.

Now the Goblet of Fire, I totally disagree with you on that. I loved it & thought it was one of the best, next to Prisoner.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!