Music that Makes You Swoon

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Music that Makes You Swoon

Post by Pel »

Discuss
AnaBanana
Wandering Through Town
Location: Stuck in a deadbeat town in the middle of nowhere...

Re: Music that Makes You Swoon

Post by AnaBanana »

I love, love, love Secondhand Serenade! Their lyrics are so meaningful, and music itself is beautiful. Not to mention the lead singer is gorgeous. ;)

Honestly, (and this just shows my obsessed-ness) their music reminds me a lot of the Twilight saga. "Awake" reminds me of Edward, and "Take Me with You" is an amazing Bella song.
These volent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume.

~Romeo & Juliet
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

Secondhand Serenade is awesome at making me soon! I concur, their lyrics are definitely deep. It's easy to tell that their was some feeling put into them. That just makes it even more wonderful. :]

Michael Buble is also very good at making me swoon. His voice. His smile. His bad dancing. *swoon*

I'll put Josh Groban on the list, too. His voice is just so powerful. It's difficult to not be moved by someone so obviously passionate about what they do.
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
Celia~Ashe
Settled in Forks

Post by Celia~Ashe »

I am SUCH a classical music student....

I <3 Nobuo Uematsu's piano arrangements, especially for Final Fantasy VII and X. The music is already so amazing and elaborate (sometimes in it's simplicity), but when taken from a synthesized format to something as dynamic as a piano....*swoon*. Especially something like One-Winged Angel, whose relative starkness to the original proves to be mch more chilling and memorable.

A lot of classical Irish/Polish/Welsh music gets me going. Gotta have that national pride. ^.^

Male Choral Music makes me swoon as well. 5~6 part male harmony.....the thought alone should make any music kid swoon.

~Celia~Ashe
It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people.

~Good Omens
Pizza??
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Pizza?? »

Ok, well for me its 'So Close' by Jon McLaughlin from the movie Enchanted.
gypsyeyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by gypsyeyes »

SelfConclusion and The Tide by Spill Canvas. I know they are actually really depressing songs but its just such a haunting voice. The lyrics to Self Conclusion are so so so meaningful too "We all flirt with the tiniest notion of self conclusion in one simplified motion. The trick is that you're never supposed to act on it, no matter how unbearable this misery gets"
On the good side of swooning Wherever You Will Go by The Calling is a song that always gives me tinglys :D and who can forget the classic Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls

Also:
I'm on Fire by Bruce Springsteen
Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits
The Blowers Daughter by Damien Rice
Your Song, Elephant Love Medley and Come What May from Moulin Rouge soundtrack
Throw Your Arms Around Me by Hunters and Collectors
On Call by Kings of Leon

And last, but by no means least, Lucky Ones by Bif Naked is absolutely gorgeous......there are no words.

Of course I can think of a gazzillion others without even resorting to looking at my playlists but I'll leave them for someone else to name....:D
chessley_meyers
Wandering Through Town

Post by chessley_meyers »

I would have to go with "You and Me" by Lifehouse. That song makes me smile every time I hear it, and I would love for some guy to play it for me (which I realize will never happen, but a girl can dream, right?) Also, "I'll Be" by Edwin Mccain is a real swoon-worthy song.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Muse, muse, muse! Anything by Muse.. especially when it is live! *cough* Watch me! *cough*
Wish.I.may
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Wish.I.may »

Lifehouse.
Almost all their songs.
Same with the Goo Goo Dolls.
formally, Ostentatious6277
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

I love Lifehouse.
My favourite so far is Beautiful.
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3