Recommended Music

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Recommended Music

Post by Chernaudi »

I know that Pink Floyd has been mentioned here before, but what of the solo efforts of the band's members?

My recommendations are Amused to Death by Roger Waters(Floyd bassist/vocalist from 1964-85, rejoined PF in 2005), though if you like Andrew Lloyd-Webber, you might not want to listen to the final verse on the song "It's a Miracle"(Roger insults/criticizes ALW for allegeldy ripping off the Pink Floyd song Echoes for the song "Phantom of the Opera" and the ovature for the stage play of the same name).

And then there's David Gilmour(PF vocalist/lead guitarist from 1968-2008), with his best effort being 2006's On an Island-in particular the songs Castellorizon and On an Island-would be good for the Breaking Dawn movie if it gets made.

And my favorite is Broken China by Richard Wright(keyboardist/vocalist from 1964-81, and from 1987 until his death in 2008). Rick based most of the songs he wrote on the album to his wife Mildred, who was the victim of child abuse and clinical depression, which Wright helped her overcome. Oddly, some songs would've been nice in New Moon(Breakthrough, Along the Shoreline), and would've been a good soundtrack for the movie Speak-I guess that I have Pink Floyd, Twilight, and Kristen Stewart on my mind :). None the less, it's a great concept album, as are On an Island and Amused to Death, especially if you can handle Waters' criticism of popular culture and the like on AtD.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

Phew it's been a while since I posted on here!!!!!!

Anyway, my latest addictions are:

Brand New - recently just got into them again and I've fallen utterly in love! I actually bought all of their albums and think they're amazing, would definately recommend all but particularly Jesus Christ, Okay I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't, Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades, At The Bottom etc

You Me At Six - I absolutely adore these boys, having met them four times and been to six of their gigs. The Consequence, their latest single is amazing!!!

Love, Robot - I just found them the other day. I think their great and would definately recomend getting their EPs and downloading their cover of Damage for free from their myspace. This is a pretty cool group, being that it's screamo and has a guy and a girl singer, which is awesome.

The Blackout - just met them for the third time and loving them even more. Sean is hilarious, and their all such lovely guys, their also really good live. If you're not huge on screamo bands, I'd recommend listening to It's High Tide Baby or I Don't Care (This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things), otherwise, Children Of The Night or We're Going To Hell...So Bring The Sunblock are great songs!

My Passion. Agh, I love these guys! Again, I've met them like ten times and everytime they just get even nicer! They can usually remember everyone if their a frequent gig attender, like I am, which is nice and always stay and chat for ages afterwards, even when their vans all loaded up. Also, their amazing live and their songs absolutely rock! I'd recommend Play Dirty, Day Of The Bees or Nevereverland.

Can't think of any more that I'm obsessing about right now, but I breathe music so there's bound to be more (: I'm into Paramore again, and I'm seeing them next week which I'm really excited about :D
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Viva la Music thread, eh?

My new obsession is Hot Chelle Rae. They've got a beautiful voice, and it goes nicely with all the almost pop punk emo stuff they've got going on. Last One Standing is an amazing song, and I Like To Dance is obviously fun to dance to.
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

I recommend Meg & Dia. I've always liked them but for some reason, I've barely truly started to listen to them recently. Anyway they're really good, they're lighter than what I usually listen to, but still extremely good.
I think if you like Taylor Swift or maybe even Paramore, you might like them.
The songs I highly recommed are:
Hug Me ((either the album version or Meg's remix))
Indiana
Fighting for Nothing
Here, Here and Here
Monster ((regular or acoustic))

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

How about a couple of Pink Floyd covers I found derived from songs from The Wall album-"Comfortably Numb" by the Scissor Sisters, and "Proper Education"(a disco/dance remix of "Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. II") by Eric Prydz. Both are covers and dance remixes of the Floyd classics. So if you're into dance music, these might hit the spot.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

OK.... so I'm a punk rock loving metal head... so if that isn't your piece of music my tips probably won't be for you...

- my first tip, Green Day.... it's punk to the core, it's always good and it's fun.

- second, HIM.... the love metal is so good, specially when you are reading New Moon some songs hit home.
with songs titles like, Vampire Heart and When love and death embrace... it even sucks you more into the impossible love world.

- third, Within temptation, It a dutch gothic metal band like Night Wish... their strength is the power and the speed in the songs but the ballads are also very good, and live they are smashing....

- last, Rammstein, if you love power metal from the top shelf you should try that, start with the albums Mutter and Live aus Berlin... It's a german band but so good
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

third, Within temptation, It a dutch gothic metal band like Night Wish... their strength is the power and the speed in the songs but the ballads are also very good, and live they are smashing....
Wish they had some of their songs on one of the Twilight movie sound tracks. And I know a friend from Holland who says that she's partly inspired by them as far as her being a musician.

And if one likes WT, I'd also recommend Lacuna Coil, an Italian metal band similar to Within Temptation.

best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

Yay! Within Temptation! Also, In This Moment!
Oooh, I highly recommend:
The Dangerous Summer

That's like, enough said :D

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
enoughforforever
Settled in Forks

Post by enoughforforever »

i love a lot of bands. pretty much any fbr band. or like fall out boy

if you like this kind of music you should def check out the AP tour.. Image

on it is nevershoutnever, hey monday, the cab, and a couple other good bands
ImageImage
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

If you guys like Linkin Park, and especially the voice of Chester Bennington, then I truly recommend his other project band called Dead By Sunrise. He gathered a group of really great musicians from other bands (Julien-K, Orgy,...), they play alternative rock which I adore, and it's so much different than Linkin Park.