Have you met a Celebrity?

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Annabanana
Wandering Through Town

Re: Have you met a Celebrity?

Post by Annabanana »

I've met basshunter XD
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I guess at least here Stephenie Meyer would count as a celebrity.
I went to her signing for The Host in San Diego last May and got my books signed, so I shared a few sentences with her. It was really cool.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
BunnyLvr
Settled in Forks

Post by BunnyLvr »

I've met several authors I admire: Barbara Kingsolver and Anne Lamott.

I also met Bono. I said "God bless you, Bono." ('cos I really admire the stand he takes for people who don't have a voice) and he said, "He already has" and then he waited for me to say something back but I was gobsmacked and just looked into his eyes. I only hope my mouth wasn't hanging open.

I was also at a movie premier here in NOLA where Danny Glover was present (being one of the producers) but I didn't speak to him.
Bella_Cullen_13
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Bella_Cullen_13 »

Krystina the Alien wrote:I was about, two feet away from touching Gabe Saporta (lead singer of Cobra Starship), before he walked away, back onto stage after the concert ended.

But I got to meet Pat Brown, the lead singer of Sing It Loud (an opening band for Cobra Starship), and he almost broke my cd trying to sign the insert. He was really cool.
Pat is just cute like that(: - My mommy was cool enough to sit with him during the whole concert & talk to him.

Stephenie Meyer(x2)
William Beckett
Michael Guy Chislett
Mike Carden
The Butcher
Adam T. Siska
Jack the Camera Guy
Alex Gaskarth
Jack Barakat
Rian Dawson
Zack Merrick
David(EA)
Jimmie(EA)
Derek Sanders
Gabriel Saporta
Ryland Blackington
Vicky-T Asher
Nate Novarro
Alex Suarez
Pat Brown
Nate Flynn
Ben P.(SIL)
David(HTL)
Omar(HTL)
Austin Bello
Johnathan Cook(Kinda)
& I got to talk to Nick(HTL) while he was on stage.
Last edited by Bella_Cullen_13 on Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

You would think that since I live in New York, I wouldve met some more celebs but I guess I'm just unlucky in that category.

From what I can remember I've met:
-the Jonas Brothers (3 times!)
-Haley Williams from paramore
-Akon
-Amberlin (the lead singer said that he wanted to name his daughter Jane ^_^)
-Omarion
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

debussygirl wrote:I guess at least here Stephenie Meyer would count as a celebrity.
I went to her signing for The Host in San Diego last May and got my books signed, so I shared a few sentences with her. It was really cool.
You are so very lucky!! I truly just admire Stephenie Meyer.

*Wanderer*
Kizmet
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kizmet »

i've met stephenie 3 times: at eclipse prom, on her tour after eclipse came out, and on the breaking dawn concert tour.

i met my favorite band, switchfoot, after a show two summers ago. they all signed a shirt i'd just bought and jon, the lead singer, told me to "drive home safely - or recklessly if you want to i guess." i was only 15 at the time so i said, "i wish i COULD drive," and he laughed.

i also met sean astin (sam in lord of the rings) 4 years ago (wow, i can't believe it's been that long). he was doing a booksigning in chicago. i live about an hour and a half away and i had an obligation in the morning so i couldn't get there early. by the time we got to the borders it was at there was this huge line and they said they weren't letting any more people in. :cry: i was devastated - lord of the rings is/was my first obsession, and here i was so close to one of the actors from the movies and i couldn't meet him. my friend who was with me went with me to stand near the line where we had a clear view of him. i was crying and i secretly hoped that someone in line would take pity on me and let me in in front of them, but no one did. then my dad was walking around the store and happened to see the borders people let in someone else, so he asked if his daughter and her friend could go, and they said yes. so we became the last people to meet sean astin at the signing. :)

finally, i didn't actually meet anyone in this instance, but 3 and a half years ago or so i went to new zealand and visited a bunch of filming locations for lord of the rings. one of the hotels we stayed at, the powderhorn chateau, was actually where the cast and crew had stayed for part of filming. the hotel had a guestbook signed by everyone which was really cool to look at as well as a list of which rooms the main people had stayed in. it turned out that the room i slept in had been andy serkis's (gollum's) room! the one two doors away had been orlando bloom's, and the two rooms across the hall had been sean astin and his family's. then later my family went to this restaurant somewhere else and bought something lord of the rings-related in the gift shop and the cashier said that andy serkis had been at the restaurant with his family just a week before.
Proud Twilighter since October 21, 2006.
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Kizmet wrote:i met my favorite band, switchfoot, after a show two summers ago. they all signed a shirt i'd just bought and jon, the lead singer, told me to "drive home safely - or recklessly if you want to i guess." i was only 15 at the time so i said, "i wish i COULD drive," and he laughed.
No way! I love Switchfoot! And you know what's such a coincidence, I was listening to their song "Dare You To Move" right while I was reading that!

*Wanderer*
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Well.. I have met a few sports players. Not exactly famous though..
I met Logan Kensing and couple other pitchers from the Florida Marlins one time. We had these awesome seats at a Rays game and were sitting right next to bullpen. They were giving us gum and talking to us. It was a great game. He gave me an autographed baseball.

I also met the quarterback for the USF Bulls, Matt Grothe. He is my favorite player. He is ugly but I dont care :). I got an autograph and a picture. One of the most exciting moments of my life lol!

Alex Rodriguez from the Yankees walked by me once at a mall and I didn't realize it was him until too late!

When I was a lot younger I met Jorge Posada at a mall too. He signed a little slip of paper from my Dads check book lol.
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

OK where to begin?

- Red Hot Chilli Peppers lead singer, i was like :o :shock:
- Ppl. from heavy metal bands that most people wouldnt know....
- Shakira, kinda random
- PCD girls...
- AEROSMITH
- Corey Taylor, Slipknot lead
- alot of sports people who i dont really feel like naming cause its rare to find sports fans!
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3