What was the last movie you saw?

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: What was the last movie you saw?

Post by Jestak »

O Primeiro Dia/Midnight is a nice little film that showcases one of Brazil's leading actresses, Fernanda Torres. It's December 31, 1999. A teacher named Maria (Torres) is despondent, having just been abandoned by her lover, and is considering suicide. Meanwhile, a prisoner named Joao (Luiz Carlos Vasconcelos) has been freed by a pair of scheming guards, on the condition that he knock off his old friend Francisco (Matheus Nachtergaele), who is informing on the guards' shady activities. Joao and Maria's paths cross just as the new millennium begins--one may be the other's salvation. This one is lean of story, but strongly acted, with Torres very impressive.

Director Walter Salles, who has built a big reputation in Brazilian cinema, will be directing the upcoming film version of On the Road (from Jack Kerouac's novel), with Kristen Stewart in the cast.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid.

It was ok. I felt like I've seen a billion movies with the same story line. I know you're probably like "duh, the title says what the movie will be about". Well, I guess I was hoping for a twist in the story or something. But, it was exactly what I thought it would be.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

The Guardian. 7/10. Very good movie. Great cast.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull- meh. Harrison Ford is just SO OLD. They really didn't need to make it at all, and it was kinda stupid. There's hardly even any good Commie-punching! Punching bad guys was the best part of the first three...
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

I saw Chicago. Really not my favorite musical
BlueStarEgo wrote:Diary Of A Wimpy Kid.
Haha really? :lol:
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
ravenGirl2468
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Going crazy trying to find my real version of Emmett or Dean Winchester

Post by ravenGirl2468 »

Remember Me. I usually don't watch Chick Flicks but this one was pretty good. So sad :cry:
~Team Emmett
Team Carlisle
~On the list~ Karl is my Twi-guy!
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I am just home from seeing Inception. Whatever else it is, it is definitely a very intense, superbly-executed sci-fi thriller. Whether it's more than that, and where it lies on the spectrum between superior thriller and outright classic, is for individual viewers to decide. Outlining the plot for this one is really beside the point, since it is made clear very early in the film that anything we see on screen may turn out to be dream as opposed to reality. The central premise of the film consists of a pair of concepts called Extraction (entering a person's dreams to get information out of their mind), and Inception (entering dreams to plant an idea in someone else's mind). Leonardo DiCaprio is not one of my favorite leading men, but he isn't one of my least favorite either, and he's a solid protagonist. The supporting cast is terrific: Joseph Gordon-Levitt (magnificent), Tom Hardy (wonderfully sarcastic), Ken Watanabe (a very solid presence), Marion Cotillard (very seductive), and Ellen Page (rapidly becoming a favorite of mine). Christopher Nolan is one of the very best directors working today and this film does nothing to change my high opinion of him.

Someone asked upthread about Inception in comparison with Salt. Inception is definitely the bigger, more intricate film; however, bigger isn't always better. There is something to be said for tight, economical storytelling, and Salt is definitely a winner in that regard. If I had to chose only one to see in a theater, it would probably be Inception, but it's not a slam-dunk choice.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
mrsdrcullen57
Settled in Forks

Post by mrsdrcullen57 »

The last movie I saw was Charlie St. Cloud! All in all, it was a pretty good movie. Very sweet, not as sad as I expected, and as I said after I watched it... you think your life sucks? Watch Charlie St. Cloud. It'll put things in perspective for you. Life's not as bad as it could be :)
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Clash of the Titans 9/10
Banner by TammyAZ
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Jaws- oh my gosh sharks make me want to swear SO MUCH. O.O Awesome movie, lots of omnomnoming. I think the only time I've seen more gore is... The Happening, Shawn of the Dead, and Quarrentine.