Vampire Diaries --TV series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

Thanks. =D
Well, I think I have to go to the bookstore in a few weeks.

Yesterday I saw the first episode of TVD and it was pretty good! Kinda scary in the beginning. That Damon guy is really BAD. He's evil.
And he's hot! Yeesh.
I don't really think that Stefan guy is hot, he's kinda weird.
I love Elena! So yes, I'm going to read the series.

But first I have to finish 'House of Night'-novels. That's pretty amazing too. :D
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

WARNING: RANT AHEAD!

I gave up on the TV show. they shouldn't have changed it so much to appeal to the Twilight crowd. Most of us who would see it have read it or were/are advised to read it from the other people in the Twilight crowd. The changes they made are purely frustrating, and annoying.
Although my friend who first introduced me to Twilight and L. J. Smith loves it, they should have just left it as it was, saw who liked it, and DEALED WITH IT. If they wanted to change it, they could at least change the name, etc. In my opinion, they needed to make movie(s) and keep it like it is in the books. All this changing is not good.

Also, about the Vampire Diaries: The Return, I agree with Kenzie-ey, it's too weird. She should of left it and kept it like it was. It was a good ending, and it was all tidy, etc, and it was fine! Even though that was the book that made me like Damon, seeing his better side, it was kinda creepy. I'll still read it, because, well, it's L. J. Smith! The twins, though, Shinichi and Misao (sp?) are not good at all, really. They had vampires and Bonnie was psychic, that's enough magic, but then they brought in people who were like gods! Tooo much.

END RANT!

Sorry 'bout that.

Ooh, and to all the peoples who have read Night World, isn't Ash like Jacob???

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

I love Damon. He's my favorite. And his especial snarkiness in the TV show makes him even better. Stefan is cool too, but I'm totally team Damon.

@Hanny--I love the TV show! It's true they need to chill with copying Twilight, but theyve gotten better, and I havent noticed any similarities in a while. The plot is way different.

@I love Alice Cullen(Sorry! Dont know your name)--The books are extremely different from the TV series, but both the show and the novels are equally good, IMO.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Post by willowtree »

Kenzie-ey~ Really? My friend (^ see rant) said it was getting better, but... :roll:
Is the plot closer to the books? :?

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

@ Dramaqueen (? don't know your name either, lol): Yeah, it is quite impossible to have the TV series equal to the serie of books. But I think I try part 1.
I mean, it is comparable to Twilight isn't it? Well then it has to be amazing! :roll:

Edit; I'm sorry DramaPrincezz013, I wasn't even close with my 'Dramaqueen'. Sorry! :)
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

IloveAliceCullen<3 wrote:Thanks. =D
Well, I think I have to go to the bookstore in a few weeks.

Yesterday I saw the first episode of TVD and it was pretty good! Kinda scary in the beginning. That Damon guy is really BAD. He's evil.
And he's hot! Yeesh.
I don't really think that Stefan guy is hot, he's kinda weird.
I love Elena! So yes, I'm going to read the series.

But first I have to finish 'House of Night'-novels. That's pretty amazing too. :D
I really wanted to see it.... but I couldn't.... :(
I guess I wait for the DVD so I can watch it when ever I have time
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

I just saw the first two episodes, and it is really for from the book already so it's probably not going to become any better . I did kinda like it though, but where's Meredith? I love her, why did they cut her out?
Like Hannah said, they changed probably a lot to make it more like Twilight, like Elena's looks. Brown eyes, brown hair, sounds familiar doesn't it ?
I'm still gonna watch it, we'll see what happens !

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett

@Hanny--The plot isn't closer to the books; it's completely different. But it's also really good and nothing like Twilight. What was the last episode you watched?

@IloveAliceCullen--Hehe. Just call me Kenzie. ;]

@SweetImpakt--The plot doesn't follow the book, but it's still extremely good, IMO. I read on various wesites that Meredith is coming in later in the story.
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
SweetImpakt
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by SweetImpakt »

DramaPrincezz013 ~ Yeah I think it might become good as I liked the first two episodes. I'm gonna keep watching. My recorder is set to tape all the episodes so that I don't miss any when I forget to watch it:D That's nice that Meredith might make an appearance during the series. I really like her.

Since nobody answers my question in the thread about the books, I'm just gonna ask my question here.*copies text*
I just finished Dark Reunion. I really liked it and I thought there were some pretty scary parts !
I know Smith is writing new sequels.. I also know that the first new sequel is released already, can't remember the name, and I wonder whether it's worth to buy it ? I have to buy it if I want to read it because our belgian libraries don't have them. So, is it any good ?

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett

SweetImpakt--In a word...No. My opinion, of course. I hated it for many reasons. It ruined what was suppose to be the end of the series for me. You can always look on Amazon for reviews and see other opinions, but most of them are the same as mine; they just elaborate a bit more. :)