Vampire Diaries --TV series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Post by Twilight<3 »

Ahh, sorry for such a late reply! But I really like the shortened questions. So much more manageable.

1. Any comments about the character, episode, or season in general.
I really liked this episode. While it was as action-packed as last week’s, this one had a lot better character and relationship developments, especially with Bonnie and Tyler. At the beginning of this season, I had taken a strong disliking to both characters, but that has really changed in the last few episodes. I always loved Jeremy but I think Bonnie brings out the better qualities in his character even more so; and then Jeremy brings out the Bonnie I used to like in season one so thank goodness. As for Tyler, I actually really like him and look forward to see what happens with him each week now! And I really like him and Caroline together. Elijah was extremely cool, as well.
2. Is Katherine working with anyone? What is her agenda?
Oh, I don’t doubt it. She’s smart so she wouldn’t go at this alone. I don’t know what her agenda is, however.
3. At what point will Damon reach his breaking point? What will happen?
Aw, poor Damon. I was heartbroken during the scene when he told Elena he loved her, and a tear streaked down his face when he compelled her to forget. I don’t really think he will reach a breaking point. He opened himself up to vulnerability but stripped that down right afterwards. Bear and forbear.
4. Do you see Caroline and Tyler getting together?
Yes, I think they will bond out of loneliness. As far as Tyler knows, Caroline is the only other person he can talk to about his new condition. And then for Caroline, she can’t really talk to Damon or Stefan because they are too preoccupied with Katherine/Elena/the Old Ones. Caroline and Tyler are good for each other; they need one another.
5. Do you see Bonnie and Jeremy Bond getting together?
Yes! Same story as Caroline and Tyler.
7. Who are the Old Ones? What are they doing, and what else do they do (besides hunt down doppelgangers and sacrifice them)?
Hm, I’m not sure but I’m interested to see where the show takes us. I am also curious as to why they want to break the curse of the moon. All I know is Elijah was pretty badass so I’d love to see more of him.
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

In the UK we are a few episodes behind. Recently had Kill or Be Killed and this weeks was Plan B. I like how Caroline is developing and that bridges were, for a while at least, being built between her mum and her. In Plan B we certainly saw the nasty side of Damon and the end of Plan B with the breakup was so sad!
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Hi funkidiva, I hadn't realized the episodes aired a little late for you. Would you prefer we kept major spoilers in the invisible font for a week or two?

I was under the impression that everyone was watching around the same time. I think that's why we sort of dropped the invisible thing. I can't speak for everyone, but, I don't mind hiding spoilers so you can still watch the new episodes later when they air for you.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Post by rapid_reader1 »

I can absolutely keep spoilers inv :) It's no problem! Just let us know and we'll work with you :)

Woahhhhhh big episode last night! Remember that we have a grand total of 20 DAYS until the next episode! Next week is Bad Moon Rising, and the week after is Kill or Be Killed. When we come back, we get The Sacrifice, and episode 11, then a marathon, and a while off (no word yet on how long that'll be).

Because it's so long to go without TVD episodes, and there's a lot we can discuss anyway, I would like to post the normal questions this week, questions about the promo (trailer) next week, and then the BIG questions from the show as well as your therories about the characters futures the week after that. Sound good?

Yesterday they finally gave us the official episode 10 title (The Sacrifice) as well as the synopsis, which you can see below. Episode 11's title is rumored to be named By the Light of the Moon, but the only thing we know for sure (from last years experience) is that it'll end with some crazy cliffhangers.
The Sacrifice synopsis: [JEREMY MAKES A DANGEROUS MISTAKE — Elena decides to take matters into her own hands and offers a tempting incentive to Rose for her help. When things take an unexpected turn, however, Rose calls on Damon to deal with the plan Elena has set in motion. Jeremy’s reckless attempt to help Bonnie retrieve the moonstone lands him in a life-threatening position and forces Stefan to put himself in danger. Bonnie and Luka form a closer connection. Tyler shows Caroline the Lockwood cellar, where she makes a discovery that leaves them both terrified.]

You can watch The Sacrifice's promo here. We also got a batch of pictures! YAY PICTURES! Remember that these will have to hold you off for a few weeks...because I'm guessing that we're not going to get the clip for a while.

Nowwwww for the questions!

1. Questions, comments about this episode.
2. Was Katherine telling the truth?
3. What was Elijah trying to accomplish by blowing out the window?
4. If the Old Ones have the power to compel other vampires, then what kind of powers will Klaus have?
5. (book fans) How awesome it is to see some of the components of the books come to the show? :D
6. When will we see Klaus?
7. What can kill the Originals?
8. Do you miss some of the smaller characters?
9. What did you think about the flashbacks? How do you feel about Katherine's character now?

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

I thought this episode was great! I think because of my love for Jeremy, he made me like Bonnie more than I have in past episodes. Now that it looks like she's ditched him, I say we stake her too. Who's with me? Lol. I'm not really feeling the new people. I can't remember their names right now. I don't know their entire angle with the witches and vamp thing. Damon! Oh my dearest Damon. What will I ever do with you?

You never know with her. But I think that everything she said rang with a bit of the truth. It sounds believable. But, with her, there's always more.

I have no idea. When I first saw him collectiong the coins I was a bit confused. I know that burning them was part of it. Maybe trying to figure out how Damon (and Stefan) walked around int he day time.

4. If the Old Ones have the power to compel other vampires, then what kind of powers will Klaus have?
I don't really know. I haven't read the books yet so I couldn't say.

5. When will we see Klaus?
Hopefully next episode. Sucks that we have to wait so long!

6. What can kill the Originals?
I don't know. A Saw'ed off head? Burned alive? Being bled to death? Something poetic of course. :lol:

7. Do you miss some of the smaller characters?
If anyone, I miss Anna. I still have a major soft spot for her for some reason. Haven't seen much of Matt in a couple episodes. Alaric isn't a major character but not seeing him ( and Jenna) makes me sad.

8. What did you think about the flashbacks? How do you feel about Katherine's character now?
I think Nina's accent (and language skillzzzzz) was great. I just may be liking her more as an actress. I thought the flashbacks gave me enough to think about for right then. I still had some questions at the end of them.

How do you guys feel about this Rose character? If you've read the books (I don't know if her character is in them) then how do you feel about the actress portraying her? Does anyone wish we would have gotten to see a little more of Trevor and Rose's other friend (I can't remember his name!)
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Post by rapid_reader1 »

^^ Rose is not in the books, btw :) But I like the actress! I think she's doing a great job, and she's made me terrified of Klaus after that crying scene :shock:

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

I liked this episode, but not as much as the last two. It wasn’t as strong, or then there were parts that just really bothered me. For example, Stefan freaking out on Elena about Katherine and about how she “always lies.” We get it, you don’t trust or like Katherine. That was so annoying. Then, Rose and Damon? Originally, I was hoping to see them together, but at the end scene, I changed my mind. I’m a dedicated Damon/Elena shipper.

I don’t see why she would lie. As far as I have seen, so far, Katherine has never lied, per se. She doesn’t tell the whole truth, there’s a big difference. So yes, I think she was telling the truth.

There could be a number of reasons: to stop Rose and Damon from telling Slater any more, to get to Slater, to show how powerful he is to Damon, and so on. All I know is I really like Elijah.

Good question. I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Most likely in the next episode or so.

Probably decapitation and being burned to ash.

Nah, the show was getting too busy with everyone’s storylines.

8. What did you think about the flashbacks? How do you feel about Katherine's character now?
I’ve been warming up more and more to Katherine in the past episodes, and this episode is no different. It really shows why Katherine does what she does and gives her a slight justification for her actions. Furthermore, I don’t think we can blame her for breaking Damon and Stefan’s hearts now that we see how strong and powerful Klaus is. Katherine had no other choice but to leave them.

9. How do you guys feel about this Rose character? Does anyone wish we would have gotten to see a little more of Trevor and Rose's other friend?
I don’t like her, personally.. but that’s just because I want Damon to be with Elena. I wish we could have seen more of the dynamic between Rose and Trevor, though. They killed Trevor off too soon.
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Like Twilight <3, I liked this episode, but not as much as the last two. I did like that we got to know more about Katherine's back story and Damon trying to find out more info on The Others. What I didn't like about this episode is Bonnie dropping Jeremy all of a sudden. I also *knew* that the warlock was bad. Was I miffed about Rose and Damon? No, not really. Both suffered a loss and I saw it coming. I'm still rooting for Delena though.

I don't think Katherine lies per se, but doesn't tell the whole truth. I think she's way too smart to know that the others will eventually figure things out like Elena had by the end of the episode. After all, Katherine looks only after Katherine.

I have to say that was my favorite part of the episode. It was so cool! I think there were a few reasons why he broke the window: 1. To let them know that he is alive. 2. Curious to see what happens next. He knew about Rose and the other guy not being day walkers, but I don't think he was aware of Damon and Stefan being able to do so. 3. Figure out what their next steps were. Elijah is an interesting character. He kinda reminds me of Jane. *shudders*.

I asked myself the same question. Definitely a lot more than we've yet to see.

My guess is when we're close to the Season Finale. I think we'll hear a lot more about him in the coming episodes, but I think it's still to earlier for him to appear.

My guess is decapitation and being burned to ash. I just have no clue how that could be done since they're so strong.

I do miss Matt, Alaric, and Jenna, but I can see why they were taken out because they don't add anything to this episode.

Katherine has always intrigued me. I never knew what plans she had up her sleeves, but there is a part of me that feels sorry for her-knowing about how she lost everyone. I loved the last scene where she looks through old family journal and gets teary when she sees her parents' portraits. Do I think she's justified in what's she done? No, I don't but I can understand her better. I do think she really loves Stefan though.

9. How do you guys feel about this Rose character? Does anyone wish we would have gotten to see a little more of Trevor and Rose's other friend?
I'm not sure about her. I don't know much about her to hate or like her. I'm sure she'll be killed off soon when they get to Klaus or find the solution to avoid the sacrifice.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Thank you BlueStarEgo and rapid_reader 1 but its ok, you dont have to make any spoilers invisible as I actually like reading them sometimes. Its like a teaser of what is going to be happening :D If I dont want to know I skim read the posts to see what to read and what not to, so no worries :D
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

If anyone was unaware, tonight Nina Dobrev will be on either Conan or Lopez tonight. I'm sorry that I can't say exactly which one. I didn't know until earlier and I set my DVR to both shows. I just can't remember which one she's on. Either way they both air on the same network (TBS) and Conan airs first, then Lopez Tonight.