Glee - the Television series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Re: Glee - the Television series

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Loved this episode! :D I adore Will...lots of..erm...surprises, but I loved the music, and can't wait for the next episode :D

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
kayAlicekay
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kayAlicekay »

Personally, I loved this most recent episode. Lots of surprises, and Will is just too nice. And I have so many mixed feelings for Kurt now.
EDIT: And I loved when they did Teenage Dream.
KayKay Peace Live Laugh Love TWILIGHT!
Team Alice - Seeing the future since 1901 - Shopper Team Rosalie - Every Rose has its thorns
Team Renesmee - Not the Loch Ness
rapid_reader1

Post by rapid_reader1 »

kayAlicekay wrote:Personally, I loved this most recent episode. Lots of surprises, and Will is just too nice. And I have so many mixed feelings for Kurt now.
EDIT: And I loved when they did Teenage Dream.
That was amazing song! :D I've been listening to it all week :)

Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

A thread for GLEEEE!?!? Why has it taken me this long to find it? I <3 Glee, but now that I moved to Finland I can only see re-runs of season 1 :( but I still love them the second time around so its okay :) Don't Stop Believin' was my 8th grade song (before Glee premiered) and then at the end of the school year the commercials for Glee with that song started playing and it was PERFECT, I love the adaptions they do of all of the songs :D
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I'm going to spoiler this just in case.

Sectionals Take Two

I have to say, I'm rather disappointed by this episode. It all feels rushed- like someone said "I have an idea (to shake things up)!" and it really should have taken them at least two episodes to do it properly. Consider last season's Sectionals, where we at least knew what songs they were attempting to perform. We come into this one having no idea what to expect. As it is, we have a lot of stuff coming our way and I don't feel like we get the intended effect.

The whole "Brittany's cheating with Mike" plotline wasn't really necessary. We don't even really see Tina's side of things. In my opinion they could have achieved the same effect by having Artie be just a little bit insecure that Brittany's spending more time with Mike than with him.

And Emma getting wed in Vegas? I know Carl is supposed to be working with her issues, but for someone like her character I think that's a big stretch.

Rachel and Finn. Or shall we say, Finchel. Pretty much dead in the water thanks to Puckleberry. Kudos to Puck's character for taking the high road. I have to say- I was rather expecting what Rachel did, and Finn's reaction. Is there a Fintana in the future?

I think it's painfully obvious that Kurt is rather... well, not particularly happy with being in the Warblers. Sounds like he's sacrificed individuality for safety. (Which in itself is a very serious topic.)

Let's do songs!

Don't Cry for Me Argentina: I guess they had to sneak in a musical in there for Rachel huh? ;) Loved how they split the performance between her and Kurt. Blaine motioning for him not to raise his hands though- funny and a little sad.

The Living Years: I was thoroughly disappointed in this performance, which is such a shame because the full song is so good! It's a song that hits home for me on some levels, so after hearing snippets of it I was excited to see how they'd do it. The reality is such a let-down.

Hey Soul Sister: Loved this performance. Especially that little bit Blaine does when he sings the "blow my mind" line to Kurt. :) (Although his facial expression during the "I'm so thug" line are pretty funny too.)

(I've Had) The Time of My Life: Great song, even better in the full version- but did we really need a repeat of the Faithfully routine from Regionals? :| And can Sam's shirt get any tighter? :lol:

Valerie: I must admit I do not know this song. That being said, Santana did a great job, and the dance routine by Mike and Brittany was spectacular. :)

Dog Days Are Over: Another song I've never heard, but when my niece heard this on the preview she showed me the music video. Which was... very strange. In any event, the performance itself was great (did Sam take ballet?) and marred only by the Rachel/Finn fiasco (oh, and the whole Emma/Carl and Will's reaction too).

Overall I'm rather :| at this episode. The final results were sort of expected- I'm just hoping the next competition will be better.

ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

LOVED this week's episode.

Made me cry.

"Baby It's Cold Outside" is just wonderful. Anyone else feel like Blaine made up that story just to get Kurt to sing (with him)?

Also, is it me, or is the last song (the one they sing in the faculty break room) not on iTunes?
kayAlicekay
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kayAlicekay »

I loved this week's episode as well. It was so sweet. I really enjoyed how the whole episode had a Grinch-theme. It was so cute. The fact that Brittany still believed in Santa was cute and innocent. I loved the end when Artie was able to walk. I cannot wait to see what they do with that in the next episode.

I have heard that they are bringing back Sunshine next year. At Regionals, most likely! I am very excited to see Sunshine (Charice) again, because she is such an amazing singer, and is just so cute.
KayKay Peace Live Laugh Love TWILIGHT!
Team Alice - Seeing the future since 1901 - Shopper Team Rosalie - Every Rose has its thorns
Team Renesmee - Not the Loch Ness
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Yay, Glee, getting all those Golden Globe nominations! /applause
rapid_reader1

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Got Glee season 1 for christmas and couldn't help but think about what people we saying before, about Glee being much more sexual this season. After having watched it all, I think that season one was very sexual, and it has pretty much stayed the same. Maybe even a little less.

Anyway, happy holidays! Yay Glee! Can't wait for it to come back Feb 7th

Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Everyone. My name is Susie and I'm a Gleek.
(Is this a twelve step program??) :lol:

I checked out this thread once before but there wasn't much activity then. I'm so glad to see that it's active now!

I agree that the level of Sexuality is definitely the same as last year.

I bought the Christmas CD and it is all the songs from that Christmas episode plus some extras. It's so fun!! I loved that episode too - Brittney still believing in Santa - she cracks me up.

So, no new episodes until February? OK. I'll just hibernate until then.
Also, Hooray for the GG nominations!