Valentine's Day, The Movie

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Valentine's Day, The Movie

Post by bac »

Place to discuss the movie VALENTINE'S DAY.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Valentine's Day, The Movie

Post by dazzledBrit »

Thanks for creating this thread! :)

Sooo...did anyone else see Valentine's Day this weekend? I dragged my husband along yesterday and we really liked it. It was a good fun rom-com with loads of really good actors (not that that always means good movies, but it did this time).

WARNING - MINOR MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD (most in trailers/clips online).

The 2 Taylors were sooooooo cute! :D Just adorable in the movie and then so sweet in the skit in the credits where they commented on their names (both wearing tiaras, lol). Note - if you go see it, don't leave as soon as it's finished, as there are skits and out-takes in the credits.

We opted to see an 18+ only showing and were glad we did as it was quite quiet and there were hordes of teenagers going into the other showing - lots of couples of course, but also a few groups of girls who were squealing at the Remember Me! poster so sounded like they were Twi-fans. I was the only one around me who winced before Taylor L faceplanted so I think I was the only one who'd seen the Taylor clips as well as the official trailer.

Other than that.... I haven't seen Aston Kutcher in much and was quite favourably impressed. A lot of very good performances actually. :) Loved that they incorporated a gay couple and a parent-child relationship story arc as well.
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Hmm. I haven't seen this movie yet, but I really want to. It looks good. :]
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

I absolutely LOVED this movie!!! I thought it was HILARIOUS! It all reminded me of the movie He's Just Not That Into You, which is one of my favorite all time movies, so I loved it. Definitely one that should be seen. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Yes, the two Taylors were indeed cute! I really wanted more of them! Taylor Lautner was very unlike Jacob, so that was fun, and Taylor Swift was really a great airhead. I wonder if she will do more films now.

It was a really fun movie, and I find myself thinking about it off and on since I saw it on Friday.

Did anyone think the Anne Hathaway storyline was over the top? It was gratuitous, just so they could have more sex in the movie. Her performance was good, but I objected to the content. It's not because I'm a prude; it is because it was so out of balance with the rest of the film. I felt that way about the nude couple in Love Actually too. The other thing I didn't like about the Anne Hathaway storyline was that in the end SPOILER ALERT! Topher Grace went back to her. I thought it was very unrealistic. Wouldn't he be a little creeped out dating someone who did THAT for a moonlighting job? Yuk! I wish I could just take that whole story out of the movie, then it would be perfect.

SPOILER ALERT I was glad the high school couple weren't able to go through with their plan. I felt like I didn't want to witness their first time, not that I didn't approve, but that I just didn't want to be part of it!!! Too nerve wracking! Also, it gave them more time to think about it. I liked how she wanted it to happen naturally.
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

I hope Taylor Swift does more acting in future - she was really good in this. :) The perfect airhead....too perfect for it to be a negative reflection on her!

Taylor L was so scrummy (god, I'm glad he's finally of age so I can say that and not feel sooo bad!). They were so cute.

I loved the movie in-jokes they did (Taylor about taking his shirt off - New Moon reference of course - and Julia R about Rodeo Drive - Pretty Woman reference) but I'm not sure how many people got them. I had to explain Julia's one (in the out-takes in the credits) to my OH.

I liked the Anne/Topher storyline myself - fitted in perfectly with the older couple's story and how loving someone means you love all of them even the parts you hate!

But yeah, having a "first time" in the movie would have made it stray into American Pie territory so I was glad they did it like they did.
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

I love love LOVE this movie! I went to see it with a huge group of friends for one of my friends sweet 16s and we talked about the movie literally all night :D Taylor L was deliciousss and it was cool to see Taylor S acting as well. The plotlines were all sweet, and in general I was happy with how they ended :)
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I love this movie! I first seen it when it came out in theaters and it's a great movie! I love how both of the Taylor's came out in it lol!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
katewatson
Settled in Forks

Post by katewatson »

Hello Friends,

Most romantic comedies try hard to woo us and charm us with things like engaging characters, fresh stories or perhaps actual romance. Valentine's Day is content to rain so many A-list stars down on our heads that we're eventually bludgeoned into submission. Long and spineless and ultimately grueling, it's like being shown five-minute clips from the greatest romances of all time, but in grainy YouTube quality and with someone-- someone probably a lot like director-- Garry Marshall sitting beside you to overexplain everything. You'll walk out feeling not like you've enjoyed it, but like you survived.
jamesstolen08
Settled in Forks

Post by jamesstolen08 »

i have watched this movie many times in online. This movie is my one of the favorite movie ever. "Jessica Alba", "Kathy Bates" and "Jessica Biel" are create fantastic role in this movie. I like this type of movies very much.
Watch Doctor Who Online, Best place to stream & watch doctor who online.
Watch CSI Season Online For Free. Stream Full Episodes Of where can i watch csi online.