William Shakespeare-it was Greek to me

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: William Shakespeare-it was Greek to me

Post by dazzledBrit »

vampyre_princess wrote:Yeah... I am the wierdest person for my fave subjects... cause I love Maths, Physics and English Literature.... no one understands how I can like them... the first two yeah they go but the engilsh...

By the way I love the Wuthering Heights quote in your sig!
Well my favourites were Biology, Physics, Maths and English Lit. I took the science route (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths ) at A-level though to get into Uni.
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
bronzehairedmiracle
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bronzehairedmiracle »

I absolutely hate Science (except Biology) and Maths. This is why I opted for Commercial Studies in Grade 11. But English is the best. :D

vampyre_princess- The quote is lovely, isn't it? The ultimate declaration of love.....
If all else perished and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained and and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by vampyre_princess »

Okay, everyone we've gone off topic... I don't want the mod's coming in and telling us off for it... so back on topic.

What is your favourite of Shakespeare's couples?

Mine, easily is Romeo and Juliet... they love each other enough to die to stay together... I just love the way they are and how they show their love, and that they love each other even though their families hate each other.

bronzehairedmiracle ~ Yep, I cannot quite remeber what I said about it when I put it into a presentation... along with Shakespeare quotes Wuthering Height and other older literature are where you find most of the best love quotes.
♥ away with the fairies ♥
^ follow me :) please?
○Team Stefan○♠Team Switzerland♠
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

This is so my thread :lol: I'm writing a research paper on Romeo and Juliet now. It's about three motifs in the story that help demonstrate the theme: Fate, Poison, and Light and Dark Imagery...fun right? :lol: I actually really did like the play though :D
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I love Shakespeare, my favorite play is Midsummer Night's Dream.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

LionandLamb123 I loved Romeo and Juliet adn 4 years ago I had to write a paper on the fiight scenes and what they brought to the story and the drama for the audience, I loev studyng any Shakespeare play, I did it by choice once for a history project... compared his play Julius Caesar with Caesar's actualy life!! And I got an A! We got to do coursework on King Lear for A2 Enligsh... and I loved it. My favorite plays of his are the romances, but I do love Romeo and Juliet...

Derek sorry I know you sort of from Teen Thread... anyway, if you love shakespeare feel free to post on here... Have you read any others? I've never managed to read A Midsummer Night's Dream.. always wanted to though...
Never had to study it, and never found the time to read it for pleasure.

My friend still keeps rubbing it in my face that she got to go and se David Tennat play Hamlet up in Stratford-upon-Avon!! However much of a good friend she is there is only so much of this that I can take!

Pixie ♥
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Hey vampyre_princess! (Im sorry, I'm so awful with names. What is it again? So sorry!)

Nope, I've only read Midsummer Nights Dream and i'm planning on Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo + Juliet...all the classics.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

Derek My name's Pixie (Actually it's Michelle but I hate it) Doesn't matter, I never get called my own name anyway.. always get called my sisters!!

Anywho... back on topic. Hamlet is good, as is Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet I love it. I have studied all three of them, and loved it.
Some of the histories are okay, but I try and steer clear of them! :)

Tell me what you think of each as you get round to reading them... they are good and seeing them peformed is even better, I'm still miffed that I never got to see David Tennant play Hamlet!!

Pixie xox
♀listv2~Pixie Rose
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Sorry Pixie! :D

I'll talk to you about this back on the teen thread - it's easier for me to keep track of one at a time.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
vampyre_princess
Touched By Cold Hands

okay, but you are hardly ever on!!
♀listv2~Pixie Rose