Actors of Twilight, their other works

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Actors of Twilight, their other works

Post by pennybug84 »

So I really want to see Remember Me. I'm just not sure when that will be. I've been trying not to hear/read anything about it & avoiding spoilers because I heard that it has a shocking ending. But it looks really good & Rob's been getting good reviews which is even more awesome.

I kind of want to see The Runaways but it's Rated R & I don't see movies with that rating. So I'm kind of sad. I've heard KS is amazing in it & would like to see the story about that band too. Oh well I guess. You guys will have to tell me if it's any good.

Also I read on the Lex's newsblog a while back that Kellan is going to be in a romantic comedy with Mandy Moore. I hope it'll be good movie. MM's last few movies I haven't liked (Licensed to Wed and Because I Said So.) I really enjoyed A Walk to Remember and Chasing Liberty that she did. And now because KL is doing a movie with her I hope even more that it'll be a good movie. Plus I love romantic comedies.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I am so happy that Remember Me has been getting good reviews. Rob deserves to be given credit for the talented actor that he is. What I like about him is that it seem like he can play almost any part, and I would believe it. He really gets into the characters that he plays. Sadly I have to wait about a month to see it myself here in Norway.

But I really came on here to talk about Kristen. I watched "Into the Wild" a few days ago. Amazing story, btw. Kristen has only a small part, but she really shines. I think she did a fantastic job. I really liked what Sean Penn (he directed the movie) said in the commentary. He said that in his movies there is always a character that really stands or falls with the actor playing it, and Kristen's part was one of those. And he was so amazed by her performance.

Tomorrow "Panic Room" is showing on TV here, so I'll try to catch that. I saw it years ago, but little did I know then that the little girl would one day star in the movies made from my favorite books ever, so I didn't really pay much attention to her.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

All I can say is for those who say that Kristen Stewart can't act or plays the same characters all the time, I say see Welcome to the Rileys(picked up for distribution by the same company as the Runaways), and The Runaways. I know that Kristen is tied to angsty, emotional caracters, but Bella Swan, Joan Jett, and Mallory couldn't in most ways be more different. That, and there's only so many roles for one to be offered when she's not even 20 years old yet.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

A new Remember Me thread has been started HERE if you would like to have more specific discussion there. Thanks.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

I've seen the following films featuring members of the Twilight film cast:

Kristen Stewart: Adventureland (Kristen is very good in this coming of age drama/romance)
Nikki Reed: Thirteen (pretty good movie, Nikki is very good in her film debut), Cherry Crush (Nikki is pretty good in an otherwise middling thriller
Anna Kendrick: Elsewhere (mediocre thriller, Anna rises above the material in a likable performance), Up in the Air (Anna sparkles in her big breakout role and is a treat to watch playing off George Clooney)
Peter Facinelli: Can't Hardly Wait (been a long time since I saw this one); The Scorpion King (Peter's a sneaky bad guy)
Graham Greene: Lost and Delirious (Graham has a nice supporting role)
Jamie Campbell Bower: RocknRolla (Jamie has a small part in one of Guy Ritchie's lesser films)
Michael Sheen: Underworld (he plays Lucian), Underworld: Evolution (ditto), Blood Diamond (smallish supporting role), The Four Feathers, 2002 version (he has a small part in this awful remake of a classic)
Daniel Cudmore: X2 (as Colossus)
Catalina Sandino Moreno: Maria Full of Grace (Catalina is amazing in a role that got her a Best Actress nomination, movie is terrific), Journey to the End of Night (uneven crime thriller, terrific cast)
Sarah Clarke: also in Thirteen (small role)
Cameron Bright: Thank You for Smoking (he plays the son of Aaron Eckhart who is the lead)

And while I'm at it, films by cast members currently in the Netflix queue

Kristen Stewart: Undertow, The Runaways
Nikki Reed: Familiar Strangers
Ashley Greene: Warrior
Kellan Lutz: Warrior
Anna Kendrick: Rocket Science, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Bryce Dallas Howard: Spider-Man 3, Terminator: Salvation
Michael Welch: Remember the Daze (aka The Beautiful Ordinary)
Dakota Fanning: The Runaways

Added on December 6: I thought I'd update this since I've seen several more of the films here.
Last edited by Jestak on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I loved Jackson Rathbone's performance when he was on Criminal Minds! The character was so different and Jackson did such a great job :D! RPatz in Remember Me was amazing too :D!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

This thread is pretty quiet , but maybe the new teaser for Water for Elephants will liven it up a bit. See it HERE!
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

^ I've been wanting to see Water For Elephants ever since I first heard about it! Sadly the local movie theater didn't play it :(, but I'm definitely going to buy the DVD when it's released!

I'm looking forward to watching Taylor Lautner in Abduction and Kellan Lutz in Immortals :D! Those two movies both look exciting!

I didn't mention her in my previous post, but I also loved Elizabeth Reaser on Grey's Anatomy :)!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

I saw In the Land of Women (starring Meg Ryan, Kristen Stewart and Adam Brody) and really enjoyed it. It's a fun little movie with some amusing moments and Kristen was great.

I'm thinking about watching Welcome to the Rileys as I have an interest in Kristen's work (and I like indie-type films) but I'm wondering if it's very explicit?
I don't mind love scenes but I'm not a fan of lots of sexual stuff/profanity in movies, and this one looks like it might be explicit as it's about a teen stripper. Are there lots of explicit scenes?
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

21Twilight21 wrote:^ I've been wanting to see Water For Elephants ever since I first heard about it! Sadly the local movie theater didn't play it :(, but I'm definitely going to buy the DVD when it's released!
Ah I know, so frustrating that it had a seemingly limited release. My tiny local movie theater is finally playing it next week though so I'm going to see it then. Can't wait. :)
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)