Remember Me movie discussion

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Remember Me movie discussion

Post by pennybug84 »

Remember Me came out on dvd today & for anyone who is planning on buying the dvd there's a coupon!! You can save some $$$!

http://remembermecoupon.com/

I believe it's probably only for the US though.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

after I view it I will make a post here
Banner by TammyAZ
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

How to begin well I didn't read or hear any spoilers on this movie. You maybe wondering how will anyone who knows me, knows I have a 2 1/2 and 14 month old. With that said the only channel I allow on is nick jr. So I never get to watch anything until late at night when they are sleeping and I never watch live tv anymore.

I knew from the title that this movie was going to have a sadness to it. I am not a emotional person to begin with and it is very rare that I cry although the Notebooks still brings tears to my eyes. But even though I didn't cry the performance of Robert and his little sister delivered the emotion that meant to be. There is so many broken families now days that it saddens me when I think of the lack of communication that is in a household. Robert out did himself in this film. I was never one to even question that man if he was going to always remind me of Edward. Sorry but I had confidence and knew that man had talent and never doubted it.

I really liked the dynamic between Robert and Emillie. I liked how both of them had experienced loss and guided one another out of the emotional burden they shared. It was nice to see the different levels that a relationship can take. And the umm.... bedroom scene well I don't have a pg13 mouth so I guess I can't comment. :lol:

Those girls at the private school made me so mad that even though I would love to slap the smirks off their face the way Pierce handled it had a much more of a long term effect.

Normally I am good with figuring out movies which makes hub annoyed at times , that I have to keep quiet so I don't ruin the film however I was not expecting September 11 a part of this movie. Maybe that is why I didn't cry and the way it ended with Tyler's death it didn't bother me. Let me explain I think the whole point of the end was not to focus on Robert's character and how we wished they had a happy ending it was to remember September 11 and what happened that day. Cause when camera started zooming out and I realized his father's office was in a Trade Center building I grabbed my heart.I had the same reaction to the live footage that day. I will never forget the feeling it brought out in me. It was a very deep sadness to those people and their families who would get a phone call when they got home. I remember people jumping out of the building and that burned a permeant image that could never be forgotten.
Banner by TammyAZ
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Desiree - I loved reading your reaction. I know what you mean about the focus of the 9/11 part being the loss of the day - overall, not just Tyler. To me it was showing us how random it was - what a waste it was. That people were just going about their business and of course weren't expecting anything of this magnitude. It was sad, though, that it was just as Tyler was getting his life together. Or you could think that at least he died happy. I believe he was happy when he was standing there looking out the window. It is such a cruel story for the parents - losing two boys!! And poor Caroline! At least she got her father back. I just watched it for the second time, and Rob is still mesmerizing!!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Susie~
It was very sad that the family lost both their sons. Absolutely Tyler was happy with how his family was coming together.
Banner by TammyAZ
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

It's taken me quite a while to write on this particular topic, and I really don't know why. I saw Remember Me opening day to see what Rob had in store and to see what else he could do. What he brought to the table was more than I ever could've expected. I am still in awe at how amazing the acting was in this film. By the end of the movie, I truly loved and cared about everyone. It made it all the more difficult when I saw the date written up on the chalkboard, and finally realized what was going to happen.

I'm the kind of person who cries at everything. I cry in almost every movie, whether that be because it is happy or sad or it makes me angry. So it wasn't really a surprise when I burst into tears at the end of Remember Me. However, it's not often that I find myself sobbing in the car on the way home. It's not often when I have a lump in my throat that I just can't seem to shake off. It's not often when I feel absolutely impossibly changed by a movie. That's exactly what happened with Remember Me. I feel so different now. It's so odd to have a feeling that your life has changed after 2 hours of sitting in a dark room, but it did.

I don't even need to say this, but obviously I love this movie. It altered my life in a good way, thought I can't exactly explain how. I suppose this movie just struck a chord with me. Absolutely brilliant.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I saw Remember Me a few weeks ago. LOVED it! I think this shows just how great of an actor that RPatzz is. He can do so many emotions it's great! I LOVED when he came into his dad's office and was angry that he missed Caroline's art show and when he threw the fire extingusher through the door. Such emotion and action. Every last actor did an amazing job! I cried like a baby when the camera faded away from Tyler standing in the window of his dad's office. Also, the reaction of Aiden and Ally was heart breaking. I took it as they knew that in that moment, Tyler had been killed. I loved how his parents and sister came together at the end at the two graves.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
LemonLegend
Settled in Forks

Post by LemonLegend »

I thought this movie was positively awesome. Rob was excellent as Tyler. I cried my heart out at the end...

WHO'S WITH MEEEEE?????!!!!??? :D
To get my username, I somehow managed to mix my favorite band, The Beatles, with my love for lemons. Get it, LemonLegend instead of LennonLegend??!!! Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Yes, i'm a genius. Thank you, i'll be here all week.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

:lol: im fairly sure everyone who's seen this film cried, if they didn't well as rob said they must be heartless lol, its impossible to watch it and not have any kind of emotional reaction
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

confession: I didn't cry the first time around because I prepared myself with the title however like anything else after the shock wore off and I watched it again with hubs I cried.

Robert did an amazing job.
Banner by TammyAZ