Remember Me movie discussion

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Melody
Learning to Love Green

Re: Remember Me movie discussion

Post by Melody »

I cried and cried at the end :cry: made a complete fool out of myself - the seat was flippin' shaking I was sobbing that hard!
I loved seeing Robert Pattinson out of the Twilight movies - he really is an amazing actor. And good lord he is gorgeous! :shock: :D

Team Edward - because real men sparkle ;)
Trainee in "Emmetts Demolition Crew"
ravenGirl2468
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Going crazy trying to find my real version of Emmett or Dean Winchester

Post by ravenGirl2468 »

Oh that movie is awesome. I was not expecting the ending at all. I mean the moment you seen on the date on the chalkboard you knew exactly what was going to happen but you just wish it wouldn't have to :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
~Team Emmett
Team Carlisle
~On the list~ Karl is my Twi-guy!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Okay so I finally saw this movie. (Sorry Rob!) Oh my goodness. That ending was a killer! I DID NOT see that coming!! Why oh why did he have to die? I was hoping so much that it wouldn't happen. It was great to see Rob in something else. He was so great as Tyler. At least he helped his dad hopefully have a better relationship w/his daughter. And to open his eyes to what he needs do to & be there for her. It was a good & sad movie. He was so cute w/his little sister! I loved seeing that. Definitely makes me excited to see him as Daddyward to Renesmee.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Penny - I'm glad you finally got to see the movie. Did you feel really down for a while afterwards? Even though I liked the movie, it was such a downer that it really affected me for a while!!! I was almost angry at them for ruining a very good movie that way - up until that horrible ending, I really liked it. Rob was so gorgeous and also did a great job acting. The rest of the cast was very good too.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Susie & Penny~ While the ending was shocking, to me, Remember Me did what I hope we all did with the horror of that day and the time that followed. It showed us that, out of the ashes, we could overcome not only 9/11, but anything that came before it. Charles (Tyler's dad) had spent the previous 5 years sabotaging his relationship not only with Tyler, but with Caroline, too. Ally had spent her whole life almost expecting something horrible to happen, living as if waiting to die. What I love most about Remember Me is that we do see that the fingerprints of Tyler's life living on in them after 9/11. It both personalizes and universalizes the experience of 9/11. The unfortunate reality for Rob and the film was that even after 8 years, 9/11 is just too close for most.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
iheartedcob94
Settled in Forks

Post by iheartedcob94 »

I agree with you, Jazz Girl.

I absolutely adore this movie, I have to say it is probably my favourite 'other' Robert Pattinson film. I can relate to Tyler's character so much, I understand dislike of a parent because you feel as though they've betrayed you and hurt you and didn't provide. I can also relate to Caroline's bullying issues, and I am thankful that Allen Coulter involved this as it is a big issue. I can also relate to Ally's parental control to some extent. I know how she feels when her father controls when and who she goes out with.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Susie- I did kind of. I was like down & felt really sad. My mom & I just looked at each other like WHAT?! My mom figured it out before I did & said something & I was like NO!!!

Rob was fantastic as Tyler. I felt so bad for him, Ally, & Caroline. Thankfully I haven't had to experience anything close to what these characters go through.

Jazz Girl- You are so right. It has wonderful themes, reminders, but is too close for some. Hopefully this is one movie that maybe as we get further away from the events more people will be able to appreciate.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Fortunately, I knew the ending before I saw this movie, or else I probably would have gone to bed for a week after seeing it, refusing to come out!

It was great and very emotive. There were a few accent fluffs though, both on Rob's part and on Pierce Brosnan's. I didn't spot any from Emilie de Ravin, though.

I started crying when the music started building and he leaned down and told her he's going to his dad's office. I was a wreck by the time the date was on the blackboard! The movie made me care for the characters, and I was invested in every one of them. It was a very moving film.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I saw the movie for the first time last week. And I didn't know what was going to happen, I wasn't spoiled at all ;)

I LOVED the feelings the movie brought, up until the end. I agree, the very good acting made you care for the characters. And because of that, I cared so much that I really was heart-struck by the ending. There are more movies where the main character(s) dies at the end of it, but somehow this was the first one to make such a big impression on me.
I loved the acting, it was great, I loved RP, HE was great ;) I just hated the ending, I know I won't ever see the movie again, just because of the ending. The movie just made me care to much to accept the fact that he died...
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

I saw Remember Me last year and I want to watch it again soon because although I was in tears in places during the movie (especially at the end, when the screen was blurred because tears just filled my eyes), I find it inspirational. The tragedy at the end and Tyler's words at the end made me think about the transient nature of life, and that is why it is so important to "live in the moments" (in the words of the Remember Me tagline) and treasure each moment we have.

It also brought to mind one of my favorite quotes: "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference" (by Reinhold Niebuhr).

Rob and Emilie's acting is great and it looked like they really gelled together on screen; there are no problems with chemistry and I find the portrayal of the characters of Tyler and Ally very believable. I love the way in which Tyler's relationship with his little sister, Caroline, is shown. It reminds me of my older brother and me when I was Caroline's age which probably made me cry more when the ending came, as on that awful day, Caroline's hurt and pain was so visible on-screen.

All in all, it's a sad movie but as someone else said in this thread, it's got a hopeful message and thinking about it makes me determined to treasure the moments as much as I can.
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)