Click for Forum Rules
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: Ashley Greene as Alice

Post by Jadey »

Ashley did a brilliant job I reckon :)
SPOT ON

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Bastet
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Bastet »

i agree with you she's perfect alice :D
join the dark side, we have cookies :)

Devious Cullen

Post by Devious Cullen »

G-Faerie08 wrote:I think Ashley definitely LOOKED like Alice as far as her portrayal, but I think her acting was a little bit off..a lil forced or something...I dunno..its hard for me to describe.

I have to disagree. I think her acting was very natural and understated, and yet it was the subtle things that made Ashley the perfect Alice. Those looks. The knowing and quizzical glances - several of them, all through the film... absolutely spot on. Just that simple little thing made her 100% Alice to me. They said more than words ever could. Then the actual delivery of the lines just added to the perfection. To me Ashley was the most spot on out of everyone, which was huge because I was really not expecting Alice to match up to what I had imagined from the books. I hope it is the same in New Moon!
Tmia
Settled in Forks

Post by Tmia »

i believe she is the best actress to be Alice, the one who is the most fit to represent Alice form the book, alongside Kellan Lutz as Emmett... and i really don't know why...i just pictured her like that :D
Some say love conquers all, lifts you up when you fall...
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Devious Cullen wrote:
G-Faerie08 wrote:I think Ashley definitely LOOKED like Alice as far as her portrayal, but I think her acting was a little bit off..a lil forced or something...I dunno..its hard for me to describe.

I have to disagree. I think her acting was very natural and understated, and yet it was the subtle things that made Ashley the perfect Alice. Those looks. The knowing and quizzical glances - several of them, all through the film... absolutely spot on. Just that simple little thing made her 100% Alice to me. They said more than words ever could. Then the actual delivery of the lines just added to the perfection. To me Ashley was the most spot on out of everyone, which was huge because I was really not expecting Alice to match up to what I had imagined from the books. I hope it is the same in New Moon!
I definitely disagree with you. I guess that is the beauty of opinions and such.
I hope that the acting is a little bit better in New Moon. Perhaps I was disappointed because the lack of dialogue in the first film..because that one scene in the kitchen when Bella comes over to the house for the first time, Ashley's "delivery" of her lines was a little robotic and unnatural to me.

And out of all the Cullens, I think Kellan was the only one who had it 100% spot on. It is slightly difficult to assess anyone who wasn't Kristen or Rob because not many of the other actors got as much screen time or dialogue..So maybe in the future films, I will feel better about Ashley's performance, but as I stand right now, it just didn't cut it for me.

I think Rachael Leigh Cook would have been a better casting choice for Alice.

mizzou

Post by mizzou »

i looove ashley ( her and kristen are my girl crushes ahaha). i met her in chicago and now i'm meeting her again in atlanta...hurrrry up july! :D
I met Ashley Greene & Peter Facinelli on February 7, 2009. :D
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

I think Ashley makes a great Alice!
I heard before that Rachel Leigh Cook was considered for the role? She could have made a good Alice, but my loves for Ashely ;]
Emma.
xoxo
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
mizzou

Post by mizzou »

rachel leigh cook? are you serious? maybe in her heyday, but she hasn't done anything major in the longest time. plus i think she is a little old to represent a junior in high school :lol: , no? haha ashley is perfect..the end.
I met Ashley Greene & Peter Facinelli on February 7, 2009. :D
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

mizzou wrote:rachel leigh cook? are you serious? maybe in her heyday, but she hasn't done anything major in the longest time. plus i think she is a little old to represent a junior in high school :lol: , no? haha ashley is perfect..the end.
Almost positive it was her! Found a link through Stephenie Meyers website, although i think someone else has written this article! http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/movie_archives.html
I can kind of see the Alice features in her, but im Team Ashley Greene all the way ! :)
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

i want to meet ashley
but have you guys seen her new alice wig?
its like perfectly straight no flips it sucks!
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake