Nikki Reed as Rosalie

Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
candybabe1012
Wandering Through Town
Location: With Jacob at the beach.. even if I am too old for him :)

Re: Nikki Reed as Rosalie

Post by candybabe1012 »

might want to work on your grammar lol :)
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

cherrydarling1177 wrote:You know, she wouldn't have been my first pick for Rose...while Nikki Reed is beautiful, IMO the blonde hair just doesn't suit her...I always pictured Rosalie as beyond breathtakingly gorgeous, almost like Scarlett Johanssen (don't hate me for this, I know a lot of people hate her, but I find her GORGEOUS).

However, Nikki TOTALLY gets/plays Rosalie's character dead on. She's great with the whole diva/superbitch attitude. Looking forward to seeing New Moon. ;)
I have ALWAYS been a fan of Scarlett's. She is so beautiful.

I didn't have the pleasure of reading the books before knowing about the movie..so I didn't have a picture of Rosalie in my head before the role was cast. However, I like Nikki's interpretation of the role thus far. I am not feeling the blonde wig at all though this go around but we will have to see once the film is finished with the lighting effects and such.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

You know Katherine Heigl could have done Rosalie. She has the attitude for it...I like her in Roswell

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
cherrydarling1177
Settled in Forks

Post by cherrydarling1177 »

The Dark Knight wrote:You know Katherine Heigl could have done Rosalie. She has the attitude for it...I like her in Roswell
Interesting! I never would've thought about Heigl for Rosalie before, but now that you mention it...I could see it. She even has the dark eyes. Hmm...
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Did you guys see that Nikki made MAXIM's hot 100 list? She's #42 Anyway I thought it was kind of neat, and I love that thanks to the success of Twiligt she's getting attention (like our other actors/actresses who were mostly unkown before this.)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Yes, she's very pretty. :)

Isn't today her birthday? :D
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
silver-swallow
Learning to Love Green

Post by silver-swallow »

scarlett definately would have been a brilliant choice for the role, she could pull of the sexy bitchy rosalie, acting wise and looks wise. But rosalies character has more to it than just that, and thats why you need an actor that can adapt to rosalie better. I prefer nikki as rosalie, though i can see where your both coming form. Nikki, shes got the bitchy side down to a T (kitchen bowl smashing scene, priceless.....) but in later films, i can see her affectionately holding baby renesmee in her arms, and the audience really being able to tell that she loves her, even through all her cold heartedness.

and when it comes to that, to having to CHANGE rosalies character significantly...all im saying is that you need someone who can pull of a character with a lot of faces, and I dont think scarlett could do that, whereas I think Nikki can. We have seen kirsten, Nikki and Rachelle be a little protective or motherly over younger cast members, taylor lautner at times, and now im sure it will include dakota fanning, so we KNOW she can pull it off.
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

Attitude-wise, Nikki hit Rosalie's character on the head. Perfect, but looks-wise she seemed strange looking with the light blonde hair and pale skin. Nikki's overall coloring is dark and it just looked like the makeup people were trying too hard. I imagined Rosalie as an 18 year old version of Brande Roderick (PB Playmate/Celeb Apprentice).
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I agree with you. With regard to pulling of the somewhat bitchy attitude of Rosalie, Nikki played it perfectly. You could really see that Rosalie absolutely hated Bella, and wished her far away. And she is beautiful. But her hair and make up were not good. Especially the hair. But it looks a lot better for New Moon, I think. At least her hair does.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Dovrebanen wrote:I agree with you. With regard to pulling of the somewhat bitchy attitude of Rosalie, Nikki played it perfectly. You could really see that Rosalie absolutely hated Bella, and wished her far away. And she is beautiful. But her hair and make up were not good. Especially the hair. But it looks a lot better for New Moon, I think. At least her hair does.
Yes, I agree.
She did very well and the hair DID improve.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!