Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
User avatar
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Posts: 1054
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: The Blue Room
Contact:

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by ForJazz926 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:11 pm

I guess I understand what you're saying...I just really don't see things your way. There are always going to be people who agree with you and people who disagree with you - so you don't have to validate your opinion with "other people think so, too." I just think it's a little naive for anyone to think they know Kristen because of watching interviews. The thing about actors is that you never know what's really true vs. what they are saying because they are getting paid to say it, or because they are restricted by contracts. If you think the acting ends with the film, you're wrong. As I said - I take it with a grain of salt. Also...you're talking about someone who is now 18. JUST 18. She is absolutely allowed to have mood swings and bad/good days, and to exhibit a lot of changes and growth as time goes on. She's still figuring everything out. If anyone expects her to be established in her personality and her presence when being interviewed, they are asking too much of someone who is simply...human.
Last edited by ForJazz926 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Image Image

User avatar
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by diane771 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:29 pm

ForJazz926 wrote:I guess I understand what you're saying...I just really don't see things your way. There are always going to be people who agree with you and people who disagree with you - so you don't have to validate your opinion with "other people think so, too." I just think it's a little naive to think that you know Kristen because of watching interviews. The thing about actors is that you never know what's really true vs. what they are saying because they are getting paid to say it, or because they are restricted by contracts. If you think the acting ends with the film, you're wrong. As I said - I take it with a grain of salt. Also...you're talking about someone who is now 18. JUST 18. She is absolutely allowed to have mood swings and bad/good days, and to exhibit a lot of changes and growth as time goes on. She's still figuring everything out. If anyone expects her to be established in her personality and her presence when being interviewed, they are asking too much of someone who is simply...human.

Now where did I say that I knew Kristen, I have always used the term in reference on how she comes across in interviews. So she is 18, and she didn't give a good impression to me, Do you honestly believe that a person in an interview and movie is the same and I don't know that??? I am not naive at all and you really should not go there. I never said I knew Kristen and Rob or anyone. I said that interviews were a way for the public to get to know a person, and yes some people and a lot I might add are so sweet and nice but take them out of the spot light and you would never know that was them. I've seen that first hand, where there image is totally different then in real life. And you say she is just 18 you are right there and I guess I need to ease up on some of the people who post things here because of their age and so I do agree with you . Kristen did grow a lot from this movie, everybody did and it wasn't the fact only of her age either, it was the magnitude of everything and it changed many lives. I do believe you are being to critical of my observations, but that is your choice to do so. But their are many people in the public eye that have their true personalities come across in their interviews and I am sorry you feel so against even that. Again I am not naive and I am quite able to see through people, so don't worry about me.
Image
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001

User avatar
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Posts: 1054
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: The Blue Room
Contact:

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by ForJazz926 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:44 pm

diane771 wrote:Do you honestly believe that a person in an interview and movie is the same and I don't know that???
I do NOT believe they are the same, no. I assume that everyone knows that...I don't think anyone's that stupid. So no - I don't "think you don't know that." I was talking about something completely different - that being that sometimes actors also act in their interviews - either because they want to, or because they are contractually obligated to. They can't always be themselves in interviews, or even say everything that they believe or think.
I never said I knew Kristen and Rob or anyone. I said that interviews were a way for the public to get to know a person
Seems contradictory to me. Do you "know" them from interviews or not?
But their are many people in the public eye that have their true personalities come across in their interviews
Do you know anyone personally?
Image

Image Image

User avatar
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by diane771 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:02 pm

ForJazz926 wrote:
diane771 wrote:Do you honestly believe that a person in an interview and movie is the same and I don't know that???
I do NOT believe they are the same, no. I assume that everyone knows that...I don't think anyone's that stupid. So no - I don't "think you don't know that." I was talking about something completely different - that being that sometimes actors also act in their interviews - either because they want to, or because they are contractually obligated to. They can't always be themselves in interviews, or even say everything that they believe or think.
I never said I knew Kristen and Rob or anyone. I said that interviews were a way for the public to get to know a person
Seems contradictory to me. Do you "know" them from interviews or not?
But their are many people in the public eye that have their true personalities come across in their interviews
Do you know anyone personally?
Yes I do know some people personally.
And do I need to explain, what I mean by getting to know someone from an interview? I think its self explanatory but I will if you need to know the difference of getting to know someone by an interview and knowing someone personally Why are we here ? I will state that Kristen when I saw her after Twilight, I did not like the way she came across, she came across as someone much older and she seemed to me as a person with an attitude and that is my opinion. Later she comes across more like her age, more likable to the point that I wouldn't mind seeing her with Rob after the movies are over. Now this is what I been saying all along. So take issue with it, rip it apart if you must, but its just my opinion of Kristen and I don't think trying to make me look as you have done will make me change my mind, at least not the way you have gone about it.
Image
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001

User avatar
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Posts: 1054
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: The Blue Room
Contact:

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by ForJazz926 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:21 pm

diane771 wrote:Yes I do know some people personally.
Who? I only asked in the first place because I was curious as to which celebrities you are friends with.
I don't think trying to make me look as you have done will make me change my mind, at least not the way you have gone about it.
I think you're overreacting and taking this all very personally. I never "tried to make you look" like anything. I'm just asking you questions about things you've said - not like I put words in your mouth. You don't need to get defensive about things you've actually said. It's discussion, and I'm trying to understand your meaning behind some things. I think what you *mean* and what you've actually typed are very different, in some cases, and I'm just trying to understand what you mean. If you'd prefer, I will stop, and next time I don't understand you, I'll just skip over your post without trying to discuss anything with you. You don't seem to like that much, either.
Image

Image Image

User avatar
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:47 pm
Location: In Minnesota wishing I was a Cullen.

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by JulieM » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:31 pm

Wow! It's getting tense in here.

It's funny about all the talk of Kristen and Rob together. Some of you are talking like you know that they are together forsure and we know nothing, really. I don't care if they are together or not, I just want them to do what makes them each happy. And it's really none of our buisness anyway.
diane771 wrote:Well she did have a boyfriend and it would be really shallow of her to just dump him before she even got to know Rob. So i think its her, and now with the overwhelming attention that Rob is getting, I bet she gets a lot of hate mail that would be very upsetting also for her. Put the breaks on till at least Eclipse is over. Then is they can't contain themselves Breaking Dawn would be the perfect break out movie and let them go for it. :D
Why do you think she would be getting hate mail?
bodysnatcher wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I worry that Kristine is missing out on life a little by trying to be something beyond her age? Any comments?
I don't think that Kristen Stewart tries to act "beyond her age". She's just more mature than most Hollywood starlets. We've seen pictures of her enjoying herself at shows and there was even a radio show host that saw her partying at an after-party for the Grammy's when she was about sixteen. Another major difference between her and most young actresses is that she's not a fame w h o r e. If she shows up to interviews and for public events it's because films require actors to promote their films. If the way Kristen acts isn't "her age", then I'm glad. We don't another crowd-pleasing, attention-seeking, cookie cutter celebrity (like Vanessa Hudgens or Miley Cyrus.. not to sound cliche).
Bodysnatcher-I couldn't have said this better myself. I do think that Kristen is mature for her age and is real and doesn't care about all the "stuff" that goes along with being a "star." I think she's very smart and loves acting. She has said that is interviews before.

I think someone mentioned somthing about the pot smoking. Serioulsly, does this still need to be brought up? It is so old and we really just need to move on from that.

Anyway, have you seen some of the shots of Kristen as Joan Jett? She is really looking good.

This one?
What are you looking at?
Her hair looks great.
Image Image

Image
Cullenist/Rob's Halfway House Member

User avatar
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Posts: 1054
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:33 pm
Location: The Blue Room
Contact:

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by ForJazz926 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:52 pm

Aaaaah! JulieM, THANK YOU for posting those. I am so excited for this movie! She really does look awesome. And I heard she put in lots of time actually talking with Joan Jett about her life and her experiences - she is a great researcher.
Image

Image Image

User avatar
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Posts: 455
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:47 pm
Location: In Minnesota wishing I was a Cullen.

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by JulieM » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:04 pm

You are very welcome. I thought, we have Robcrack on the other thread, now we need some KrisCrack or KStewcrack! :lol:

Yes, I heard she has spent a lot of time with Joan, practicing her singing and guitar playing. She is going to kick backside in this movie.
Image Image

Image
Cullenist/Rob's Halfway House Member

User avatar
Swan
Settled in Forks
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:58 pm

Joan Jett made Kristen cry

Post by Swan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:08 pm

Wow, Joan Jett made Kristen cry during filming. She apologized but geez. I feel bad for Kristen. What incredible stress to be put under. I don't think Joan should be allowed on the set. :(
At midday we stumble as if it were twilight; among the strong, we are like the dead. Isaiah 59:10

Then Jonathan said to David: "Tomorrow is the New Moon festival." 1 Samuel 20:18

Its kingdom fell into sudden eclipse. Rev. 16:10

User avatar
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Joan Jett made Kristen cry

Post by diane771 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:48 pm

Swan wrote:Wow, Joan Jett made Kristen cry during filming. She apologized but geez. I feel bad for Kristen. What incredible stress to be put under. I don't think Joan should be allowed on the set. :(
Why would she do that ? That not good at all.
Image
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001

Post Reply