Altering source code with Jasper

Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by Nena »

A place to discuss Kristen.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by ForJazz926 »

So glad for the new thread! The other one was...starting to smell.

Hey, does anyone have a link to the most recent KStew interview?

Image Image
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

ForJazz926

are you talking about this one, I just came across it on eonline.
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_ma ... light.html
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

YES. Thank you. I wanted to use an excerpt from it to prove a point that has been debated on here and never really cleared up.
When Stewart wasn’t at the Oscars last month, critics pounced again. Did she dislike Twilight so much that she wasn't willing to support it like Pattinson, who was a first-time presenter? Was she scared that the supposed secret romance between her and her costar would be too hard to hide if they appeared together on the same stage on Hollywood's biggest night?

Um, no! She had a very good reason for not being there—she wasn't asked. "If I was invited to the Oscars, I would be there in a nanosecond," she says. "If I got an invitation to the Oscars, I wouldn’t turn it down!"
So for all those of you who misconstrued her dad's comment to mean that she snubbed both Rob and the Oscars...you know what happens when you assume, right? ;)

Here's another.
"I get to do something that literally if I didn't get to do, I would implode," Stewart says of acting. "There's really no better position for me to be in right now in my life, and I am entirely grateful."
I think too many people are just seeing the contrast between her and the other actors her age, and assuming a negative connotation from her lack of bubble-gum appeal. You've got her, and then you've got the HSM-type crowd - all sitting there with their pasted-on smiles and Barbie doll hair extensions. The difference on the surface is staggering, but I believe she truly and honestly LOVES what she's doing, and cares about the craft more than most people her age.

Image Image
shinyredvolvo
Settled in Forks

Post by shinyredvolvo »

YES! Im so so happy E! talked to her about what has been going on, and she was able to say her side with out having twisted around.

Hopefully it will calm the waves of all this negative press.

It's so nice to see a cast that is in it for the love of acting instead of being a celeb like HSM and a lot of the younger hollywood crowd out there.

YAY Kristen and the rest of the wonderful Twilight cast.
the color Edwards car would be if Alice picked it out
rach22uk
Settled in Forks

Post by rach22uk »

It's really nice to see some positive, refreshing articles and interviews abot Kristen & Twilight....it's so easy to see where her quotes have been twisted to make out like she thinks she is above Twilight & the fans. If anything, she is just in awe of the whole craze and perhaps doesn't think she is worthy of the attention, in my opinion!

I really enjoyed her performance as Bella, it wasn't entirely what I would have expected after reading the books (even though I saw the movie first, so it's all a bit back to front :lol: ) but there are always going to be differences and every actress would have put their own stamp on it, however they played it :)

Really looking forward to how she tackles 'New Moon' - if she can get that right, she's Bella!
sillyme
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sillyme »

ForJazz926 wrote:YES. Thank you. I wanted to use an excerpt from it to prove a point that has been debated on here and never really cleared up.
When Stewart wasn’t at the Oscars last month, critics pounced again. Did she dislike Twilight so much that she wasn't willing to support it like Pattinson, who was a first-time presenter? Was she scared that the supposed secret romance between her and her costar would be too hard to hide if they appeared together on the same stage on Hollywood's biggest night?

Um, no! She had a very good reason for not being there—she wasn't asked. "If I was invited to the Oscars, I would be there in a nanosecond," she says. "If I got an invitation to the Oscars, I wouldn’t turn it down!"
So for all those of you who misconstrued her dad's comment to mean that she snubbed both Rob and the Oscars...you know what happens when you assume, right? ;)
You have no idea how big my smile is right now :D :D :D There was an article about the whole Oscar shananigans posted on some entertainment website (and said site had also taken the Oscar and Nylon quotes out of context) and I pondered the same thing...was she even asked? So you have no idea how happy I am that that whole thing has been cleared up. Yay! *does happy dance*

Lol... I love how we have petitions going to support Kristen...I mean I know that online petitions do absolutely nothing, but it's nice to see ones that support her instead of a current one going to get her fired. Showin the love...
^^made by the lovely ForJazz926!
xblgirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by xblgirl »

^^ yeah haha. We already know that she isn't going to be kicked out of the film saga unless she gets arrested...but that more than likely won't happen. Also, it's nice to see how many people actually care about her instead of being jealous idiots and making their criticism sound like they actually hate her. I hate the fact that she can't get a word in without it being taken out of context and twisted into something completely different. Hate it when that happens. All I'm happy about is that she's got a passion for what she does and they're going to be filming BD :O
I'm an obsessed fan and not afraid to hide it :)
sillyme
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sillyme »

Yeah I'm glad more people out there share my opinion about the whole supporting Kristen thing. I mean it seems like you either like her or you don't, and unfortunately I think that she's gotten some new non-fans lately due to the press and gossip sites twisting her words...Even now, when she has to back track and explain herself (when she shouldn't have to because she didn't say anything wrong), people are claiming she's been "talked to" and is now trying to make up for it. I don't know, I just don't think that's the case. I think she's realized she's made a mistake in the vocab she's used, as it has been misunderstood, and she just wants to reafirm her appreciation for her fans and Twilight. I think this has nothing to do with covering her butt because even she said she's never said anything negative - which is true. But woohoo for BD!!! That's exciting :D I was thinking how maybe they were going to tie in a happy ending at the end of Eclipse but just realized they would be missing out on so much. I would love to see Bella as a vampire...and I think Kristen seems genuinely interested in filming a fourth movie. Ooooo I'm so excited :D
^^made by the lovely ForJazz926!
Heart_in_Hand
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

I just want to clarify a few things about my post on the last thread:

1) I don'tthink all "Kristen Haters" only dislike her because of jealousy. But when people say things like "Rob is mine" or attack her appearance rather than her performance, I tend to get the "jealous" vibe. Nonetheless, jealous or not, I feel like people should at least try to tone down on the hate-posts. Which brings me to point #2.

2) In addition to the fact that I am a particularly compassionate person and always try to find the good in everyone, I was raised to keep negative opinions to myself. I guess just like it is in the New York culture to say what you want and not care what people think, in my culture we are expected to avoid the expression of judgmental and offensive opinions and stick to the positive. That is why when someone (can't remember the name of the person who posted after me, sorry!) said that I had offended them, I immediately felt like I needed to write this to "make things better" so to speak. One more point!

3) My last point may have made some people wonder why, if I was taught to be positive and keep harsh judgments to myself, why did I even post my last statements about Kristen Haters? Two reasons: One is that I have a defensive personality and I find that I often feel the need to stand up for people who are not able to do so themselves. It gets me in trouble sometimes, but I don't really see the fault in being compassionate enough to care for people who are being trashed for no real apparent reason other than the human need for someone to trash on. The second is that I was not directly judging or criticizing one person. While there was one person's post that effectively "set me off", I have been watching person after person get on this thread just to bash at this person that none of us even know. It was to all of those people that I was trying to reach, and all I wanted to do was to let them know that their negativity is really unattractive. I respect their right to an opinion, but they also have a right to know that their opinions tend to come off as nasty to people like me who believe in love, compassion, and reservation when it comes to all other humans, especially those who have done no harm to anyone.

If anyone was wondering, I am NOT a Christian, so this is not a religious thing. I just have this kind of personality, much like Miss New York (again, can't remember your SN, sorry!) has the kind of personality that finds it acceptable to talk poorly of people and not care about anyone else or their feelings. I know it sounds like I think I am better than some people who don't feel the way I do, but that's not really true. My way of behaving just seems so normal to me that any other way seems... odd and unattractive. I can't see how hatred and/or jealousy can be better than compassion and fairness. But while I can't understand it, I can respect the right for a person to be and feel differently than me.

I just wanted everyone to know how I feel. Like I have said several times in the past, I don't pretend to know anything about Kristen, so I don't claim to LOVE or HATE her. I just feel like it is important for all of us to support her (not LIKE... but SUPPORT) as a big part of something we can all agree to love. Twilight.
Last edited by Heart_in_Hand on Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."