Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Dakota Fanning as Jane

Post by Nena »

Discuss everything about Dakota's casting as Jane in New Moon.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Re: Dakota Fanning as Jane

Post by Jadey »

I don't know what to think of her yet. I'll just have to wait till I see her in the movie.
I think she fits the part of it. I don't know..

And she's in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn too, so we'll be seeing quite a bit of her.
Hmm.
Interesting
:|
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

I think it will be ok, shes well suited to the role and they could have done much much worse but I was really hoping they'd keep to unknown or little known actors like they did for the first movie. oh well...
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

She's actually the person I pictured while reading the books. I'm sure she'll do a great job.
At least I hope she does. I was also hoping they'd stick to the little known actors, but I think
they picked a good person for Jane. I can't wait to see who the rest of the Vulturi will be.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

I think one of the great things about Dakota is that she's already experienced the Hollywood madness. And while nothing can compare to the mania that is Twilight, at least she's not going from a nobody to a Twilight cast member--someone people will talk and speculate about endlessly.

Also, the role of Jane could be hard to handle for someone of Dakota's age who hasn't had much experience. We're probably lucky to get someone with so many previous dramatic roles under her belt--roles that were respectable and involved a great deal of emotion and inner turmoil--unlike some of the other younger actors we could have been forced to deal with. (I'm looking at you, Disney teen stars).

I'm still reserving judgement until I've seen her, but I'm thinking she might be really great in this role.

I hope.
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I for one am looking forward to seeing that first beatific smile.

Though I do hope she gets the apathy down right. :)
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

When I first heard the speculation of her being Jane, I was a little ticked that they would find someone who is so well known. I just couldn't picture her as Jane. Then I saw Push and she did a wonderful job! I would say that she did the best in that movie out of all the actors and actresses. I am now very happy with her getting the role of Jane and can't wait to see her portrayal!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
save-the-wetlands
Learning to Love Green

Post by save-the-wetlands »

i think she's perfect! She about the right age. Jane is about 12 and Dakota is 16. I'm glad they picked someone who can actually act. I've been worried with all these rumors flying around about Vanessa H. and the Jonnas Brothers. I like that Dakota is a serious actress for her age. She's been in GOOD movies not really stupid ones. I saw part of Hide and Seek, which she was in, and by that she's perfect for Jane. And she's read the books so she actually knows the books and her character.
ImageImageImage
BrokenDreams
Wandering Through Town

Post by BrokenDreams »

I'm not sure how she will do. I'm going to have to wait until the movie to decide. The good thing is that she has been in a lot of movies and she's a very good actress, so I'm hoping she will do a great job. I was kind of hoping they would stick to the little known actors as well, but if I think about it, I can definitely see Dakota as Jane.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

When the rumors first started, I thought yeah- she could definitely be Jane.

I guess we'll wait and see! :)

Though I saw her doing an interview on one of the TV tabloids and she joked about how they wouldn't need to put much makeup on her, since she's already pretty pale. :lol: