Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Re: Dakota Fanning as Jane

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Since I have only read the books once and read them pretty quickly, I don't really remember the description of Jane..so I wasn't picturing who Jane should be played by..After looking at other posts and back at the book, I would rather have Annasophia Robb play Jane..

BUT, you know..its not like I am going to be focusing on Jane/Dakota anyway..So..We'll just have to see how she does..
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

I'm pretty excited for her to play Jane. I've always loved her as an actress, especially in Hide and Seek, so I feel pretty confident that she'll do great things with the role. And I'm really looking forward to seeing her in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn too.

I can sooo picture in my head when Edward, Bella, and Alice are facing against Felix and Demetri in the alley in Volterra when Jane suddenly shows up and says "Enough!" I can just hear Dakota saying it now. Hope it translates well to the big screen.
Image Image
jaimetristan
Learning to Love Green

Post by jaimetristan »

Edward_Addict wrote:I can sooo picture in my head when Edward, Bella, and Alice are facing against Felix and Demetri in the alley in Volterra when Jane suddenly shows up and says "Enough!" I can just hear Dakota saying it now. Hope it translates well to the big screen.
i agree, she is a very good actress, she can play the diffrent roles well shes not grouped into that "perfect teen-i-only-do-happy-go-luccky-movies" do you get what im saying, like shes not type casted....i really think that she can bring alot to jane.....im excited, im am however worried about alec becasue they are described as pretty much TWINS and i dunno who they could find that looks like her..well we will see!!
Jaime..
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

For only being 14 yrs. old this girl has quite a resume. I think she'll do great. I wonder if they'll have her dye her hair brown.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

switzgal wrote:For only being 14 yrs. old this girl has quite a resume. I think she'll do great. I wonder if they'll have her dye her hair brown.
Considering the number of wigs we've seen so far, probably not. :lol:
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Can I just say UGH to the abundance of wigs onset already??? :roll:
Seriously, I'd rather she play Jane with her natural blonde hair than see a stinkin' brown wig!
Oh well, I can only hope for the best... But I'm seriously wary of what the hair and makeup people are doing so far. :|
Image Image
NeDzThErApYfOroCd
Settled in Forks

Post by NeDzThErApYfOroCd »

I remember reading somewhere when they first started to consider her that the character description for Jane in the movie was a petite blonde. It was on one of the fansites, sorry I forget which one though. :oops:
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I picture a mouse brown, or a light burgundy. :S
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I'm pretty confident that she'll be a good Jane, even if she doesn't look how Jane's supposed to.
Jane's a pretty small part, so it wouldn't matter that much if they picked someone who didn't suit the part. Not to me, anyway :lol:

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Yeah, Jane is a small part in the sense that she doesn't have a ton of scenes in NM, but the scenes she is in are pretty crucial. So I think who they cast for her was a big deal. Plus, she comes back in Eclipse and BD and those are pretty important scenes too.

As far as her hair, Jane is literally described as having "lank, pale brown hair trimmed short" on page 456 of New Moon. I kind of doubt they're actually going to do this. I figure they'll pretty much keep Dakota's hair the way it is, which I don't really mind. I mean, look at James in Twilight, right? In the book he has short brown hair but they gave him a long blonde ponytail in the movie. And then there's the fact that Laurent looks nothing like how the book described him. So yeah, we all know they're willing to bend the rules when it comes to book descriptions of the characters.
Image Image