Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Dakota Fanning as Jane

Post by ringswraith »

cullenclanfanman wrote:i know this is not about jane. but it isnt about new 'new moon' casting.

the wolf pack has been cast! you have to check it out!

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/03/72126/index.html
Um... This should really be in one of the "New Moon" movie threads, and not here.

On topic- I think Dakota Fanning will do a great job. I'm wondering more about who they'll cast as Alec.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

I like the theory floating around that she'll play both Jane and Alec. Now that is proof of acting chops.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Oooh. Now that would be interesting.

BTW, love the rank. :)
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

Someone mentioned earlier that they think AnnaSophia Robb should play Jane and I wanted to comment on that. AnnaSophia is not as known as Dakota but she is very well known and, IMO, she can't act nearly as well. I would be worried whether she could portray Jane's evilness. She was alright in the Reaping where, if I remember correctly, she was supposedly the anti-Christ but her part wasn't an evil one. She does well in younger roles, but Jane is a role I don't think she could handle.

Mandy: Loved all your comments!

Naureen: I think it would be so cool to have Dakota play Jane and Alec!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Sarah, yay you're here! :D Glad you agree with my comments. And I'm totally with you about the AnnaSophia Robb thing. I haven't seen her in a ton of stuff, but the things I HAVE seen her in, I wasn't a big fan of her acting. I probably would have cringed a little if she was cast as Jane, but I would have hoped for the best. I'm just glad Dakota was chosen for the part. Can't wait to see the movie.
Image Image
britt08
Settled in Forks

Post by britt08 »

I think dakota fanning has grown up so much even just seeing her in the previews of push i think she can do a great job.....she has been acting since she was a little tiny girl it will be interesting to see her....show off all her abilities in a very serious character, i cant wait to see her though :)
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Well, IMO, I think Dakota Fanning is a bad actress..I was going to say "horrible" instead, but she is slightly better than that, but not by much. I liked her in Uptown Girls...The Cat and the Hat..and Coraline (mostly because I didn't have to see her and only had to listen to her..)

I can't wait to see how she is going to portray Jane, but I am certainly not going to get my hopes up too high..

FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

Dont know about you guys, but im really excited about seeing Dakota Fanning play Jane!
It will be interesting to see her in a much darker role, but im sure she will be amazing!
Shes a great talent don't you think?!
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
Ihavemylion
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: A mind like Bella's & living the love of Edward and Bella in real life

Post by Ihavemylion »

I agree with several people on here. I also wish they kept to unknown or sort of known actors. That was the best thing about Twilight. We werent looking at the characters like "Oh look theres Angelina Jolie, LOOK thats Justin Timberlake". I knew about Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart but not as much as Dakota Fanning. Hopefully having her in it doesnt take away from the movie in any way. Shes a great actress though. Im so excited to see New Moon. :D
Edward Cullen bringing sexy back since 1901--Team Edward
Switzerland--Team Bella
Converted to Cullenism
Gen Y
Banner created by ♥midnight_sun♥
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

To be completely honest and blunt...I'm just wanting her to get out of my little piece of happiness. I had complete faith in New Moon as a movie and then I feel like they dropped a bomb on my head.
:cry:

I feel like it's tainted now...And Jane is one of my favorite characters.
:x

In fact my problem with Dakota has nothing to do with her acting (which seems ok at the least) but the fact that it's ALWAYS her. I do feel like they need to give others a chance and twilight was that chance for so many members of the cast and it epically bugs me that they brought in the definition of overused child actor.

My personal picks were Abigail Breslin and Jodelle Ferland. (speaking of which I saw Silent Hill the other day and I'm now completely convinced Jodelle would have played Jane like no other. I just have a soft spot for Abigail.) I even would have liked Dakota's sister Elle...
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet