Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Jackson Rathbone as Jasper #3

Post by addictedbooklover »

I am officially in love with Jackson's mohawk :lol:
Imagine him playing Jasper with his mohawk!
That would be strange but funny...

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

addictedbooklover wrote:I am officially in love with Jackson's mohawk :lol:
Imagine him playing Jasper with his mohawk!
That would be strange but funny...
I wouldn't be able to take Jasper seriously :P
..or keep a straight face
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

Jen: I was totally gettting ready to post that video and pics when I figured I should make sure no one beat me to it but you did!

I am not a huge fan of mohawks but Jackson can do no wrong in my eyes!

And when he plays the piano! Drool worthy moment! Did anyone else feel like they were Bella watching Edward play her lullaby? Maybe that was just me!

NEWS!!!!

According to Screen Daily, Jackson is set to star in Sion Sono’s english-language debut film, Lord of Chaos. Here’s the article.

Hot Japanese director Sion Sono is set to make his English-language debut with Lords Of Chaos, about Norway’s black metal music scene, which has Twilight’s Jackson Rathbone lined up to star.

Based on Michael Moynihan and Didrik Soderlind’s book of the same name, the film depicts true events and revolves around the black metal sub-culture that spawned a wave of murders and Church arsons across Norway in the early 1990s.

Rathbone will play the lead role of The Count, often referred to as Norway’s Charles Manson, who brutally stabbed a black metal musician to death in 1993.

Stuart Pollok of LA-based Saltire Entertainment, Ko Mori of Eleven Arts and Oh Jungwan of Korea’s Bom Productions are producing the film, which starts shooting in Norway in mid-September.

Rathbone plays Jasper in Summit’s Twilight series and is currently shooting the lead role in M. Night Shyamalan’s $140m (€103m) The Last Airbender for Paramount Pictures.

Source.

Not sure if it’s completely true (since Eclipse begins filming in August apparently…), but if it is, what are your thoughts and opinions on this?
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Hey chickadees! Got some exciting new Jackson and 100 monkeys pics!
Brace yourselves for the hotness!
Warning: There's over 150 pics. Looking at these could easily use up your whole day.

Jen, I am totally loving those new Nylon pics. LOVE the mohawk there! It looks much better than when we've seen it before.

Sarah, I saw that story about Jackson possibly doing that movie too. I wonder if it's true. I mean, how could he do that and Eclipse at the same time? Not to mention he'll probably STILL be working on Airbender. Busy, busy boy!
Image Image
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Those pictures were AWESOME! I love them! I don't have time to look at all of them up close but just going to the page and all those pics just pop up...I forgot to breathe!

Mandy: I really doubt he will end up doing that movie! That is a ton to be doing at one time and I know he enjoys being busy but a guy can only do so much at one time!
ImageImage
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Hellow ladies! How is everyone?

Don't pay attention to the pic of the practically naked ladies in the back but does it look like he is trying to eat the mike?

AWWWWW

Something about this is just so beautiful!

So we have confirmation on the Lords of Chaos movie! How exciting! Another Jackson film! I bolded and enlarged the part about Jackson in case you didn't want to read the entire thing!

Here is the original article in norwegian http://www.dagbladet.no/2009/05/19/kult ... m/6309852/
THE STORY OF "THE COUNT" - A FILM
"Twilight" actor to play Varg Vikernes in forthcoming film.

CANNES / OSLO (Dagbladet.no): Come September, the shooting of "Lords of Chaos ", a film chronicling the life of Varg Vikernes and the Norwegian black metal scene, will begin.

The film will be based on the book "Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic
Metal Underground "by Didrik Søderlind and Michael Moynihan.

A Humorous Portrayal of Norway
Three years ago, plans had been underway to make the book into a film. However, the producers lacked funding at the time.

Now, however, with funding underway, producer Stuart Pollok of Saltire Entertainment is in Cannes to promote the project.

Why did you choose to make this film?

- It is a fascinating topic, a great visual world to depict, and a fun portrayal of Norway. Black metal is possibly the largest cultural export of Norway in the past twenty years, says Pollok to Dagbladet.no.

A Teen Film

In his manuscript to Norwegian Hans Fjellestad, Pollok has revealed that the film will be based on actual events.

It will be a story of youth and youthful energy, says Pollok, but he emphasises that the film will fall under the teen film category, and that it will be a psychological horror film.

"Lords of Chaos" is to be directed by the avant-garde Japanese director, Sion Sono. Sion has won three awards at the Berlin film festival for his works "Ai no mukidashi" (愛のむきだし) and "Kimyô na sâkasu" (奇妙なサーカス).

"Lords of Chaos" will be his first English film.

From a Vampire to the Count

The film's lead role of Varg Vikernes will be played by Jackson Rathbone of "Twilight" fame. Rathbone, however, has expressed concern that the shooting of the third "Twilight" film may delay the filming of "Lords of Chaos".

Rathbone also played the lead role in "The Last Airbender" by M. Night Shyamalan, which will premiere next year. As "Lords of Chaos" comes to the theatres, then, Rathbone will be taking his step from being a simple actor to a Hollywood star.

Pollok confirmed to Dagbladet.no that he will also be casting Norwegian actors.

Sentenced for Murder

On May 16th, 1994, Vikernes was sentenced to 21 years in prison for the murder of Øystein
Aarseth. His criminal records include the burning of the Åsane Church in Bergen, the Skjold Church in Vindafjord, and the Holmenkollen Chapel in Oslo, as well as attempts to burn down the Stortveit Church in Bergen.

In March, Vikernes told Dagbladet that he was soon to be discharged on parole.

"Lords of Chaos", the book on which the film will be based, is subject to controversy within the Norwegian black metal scene. Vikernes has spoken out against some of the claims that were made about him and the black metal scene:

All of the claims and statements made in this book are either misinterpreted, taken out of context, confused, defamatory lies, have been subject to extreme exaggeration, and/or information from unreliable third parties, wrote Vikernes from Ringerike prison in 2004.

Has Varg Vikernes stated that he is not supportive of this project?

The events that came to pass are interesting and fascinating, said Pollok.

Svein Andresen of Film Camp, responsible for the Norwegian recording locations and production, stated thus:

What happened has been widely known to the public for a long time, and is now known worldwide. This was a gang that declared war on society. Actually, it is not surprising that Norwegian filmmakers have picked up on this piece of history.

When K-fed falls in the water, he doesnt get wet, the water gets dirty
ImageImage
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

People are already talking crap about him getting that part. I've seen one article that is kind of funny, though.
Look at this.
They refer to Jackson as the "woman" being cast as Varg Vikernes, and talk about how pretty he is. I thought it was funny because they posted a few pictures of him to illustrate, and the ones they chose are the ones we've all said he looks feminine in. But apparently these people haven't seen his other punk/darker side, particularly with the recent mohawk.

Personally, I'm happy that Jackson is getting more work, but I'm also kind of sad that after he does all these movies he'll be as stalked by paparazzi and fangirls as Rob is. And that's not good. I don't want to share Jackson with more people! :(
His ears are looking ESPECIALLY adorable in those pictures. I love it! :D
And Sarah, don't forget to enlarge! ;)
Image Image
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

So--I've been MIA for a few days due to a cold/sinus thing that's kicking my butt, and I just wanted to pop in and say a few things.

1) I don't know about the rest of you, but I kind of like the idea of Jackson playing a bad guy. If Gary Oldman did it (I've seen his Dracula--fantastic, and he was the villain in The Fifth Element), Jackson can do it too.

2) Thank you Sarah for the adorable pics!

3) I like it when Jackson looks feminine--does liking androgyny make me weird? Oh, well.

4) EARS!!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

Wow. I haven't been here in forever. I promised Mandy I'd be on here more often. I'm not doing so well. Sorry Mandy! :oops:

I just looked at all the pics ya'll have posted. Holy wow. That's just really nice. Yum. I actually had a weird dream about Jackson like 2 nights ago. So bizarre. Feel free to skip this next part if you want. Lol.

In the dream, I went to see him and Kellan in a play/musical. I was in the 4th row and it was awesome. After it ended I walked over to Jackson's "family and friends box" to hang out because for some reason I was part of his group of friends. He didn't get a chance to come hang out when he was done, he had to leave like immediately. The next thing I remember was his dad calling me and asking me to go to Jackson's house and fix him some food because he had a rough night. So I went there and got him some food and went to his room. I tried knocking on the door but it wasn't closed all the way and it opened. I saw him sitting in a chair with his legs curled up to his chest and his chin was resting on his knees. He was only wearing boxers so I covered my eyes and said "I didn't see anything, I just brought you some food" and then set it on a little table thing in the hall and ran out.

I was getting in my car to leave when he came outside. He was just in his boxers and a pair of boots. He had his Jasper hair back but it was a lot shorter. Anycrap, I can't remember exactly what he said but I remember he told me that I had no right to be there and that I was no longer allowed to hang out with him. He didn't care what my excuse was, it wasn't right for me to barge into his home like that. So I told him that his father had asked me to do it and whatnot and that I tried knocking but I got no answer and I was sorry for intruding, I was only trying to help. His face turned really friggin sad and he apologized and told me to go over to him. He hugged me and was rocking back and forth and crying. He just kept apologizing. And then my alarm went off and I woke up. Suuuuuper weird!!

So we were having a bit of fun on the new Rob thread. Someone posted a link to a morphing site. You can morph your picture and a celebrity to see what you'd look like if you were both one person, or you can morph the pictures to see what your kids would look like. It's kinda creepy but funny. They don't have Jackson's picture, so you'd have to upload one of him yourself like I did.

This picture of Jackson plus my picture = our daughter.
This picture of Jackson plus my picture = our son.

Like I said, it could be creepy or funny. I think it's both. Lol. Now go have fun finding out what your and Jackson's kids will look like! Haha.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|