Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black #7

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

I made me and my friends sing him Happy Birthday on his :)
I love Taylor, but hate Jacob as a character! Is that weird?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
saw93
Wandering Through Town

Post by saw93 »

so i know everyone on this forum will hate me when i say this but im totally team edward BUUUT in my opinion taylor lautner was the best actor in the twilight saga cast. He portrayed jacob perfectly in my opinion. His transformation from regular teenage boy to wolf was flawless! his sarcasm was on point and plusssss he did all of his own stunts! are you kidding me he is AMAZING! (sorry rob he got yu beat) lol
You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours." ~ Edward Cullen Eclipse
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Total Twilight Fan wrote:I made me and my friends sing him Happy Birthday on his :)
ha ha I did it too! I sang Happy BDay on his :D
I love Taylor so much.... but Jacob much more...

Why do you hate Jacob?

About Taylor's hight.... I think he is too short to play Jacob... There is this Eclipse still the edward and jacob stand beside each other and it looks like Edward is looking down on Jacob... like he is more supirior... and it buged me... because this is suppossed to be the opposite!
I think that Taylor is perfect to play Jake... excpet for the hight issue
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Max 28
Wandering Through Town

Post by Max 28 »

Although Jacob tends to get on my nerves most of the time I think Taylor portrays Jacob perfectly. Awesome acting. 8-) About height, I don't really mind. Jacob being so tall in the books was kinda weird to me anyway. Edward should have the look of being superior though, because it was explained in the books that when he wanted to he could come of as very intimidating and look like he was standing over Jacob. Edward wins so he should be teh one standing tall. :P
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

sorry... but the fact that he can look like a real vampire has nothing related to him being supiroir... and I don't think he is...
only Bella thinks he is absalutly perfect... but I don't like it... Jacob is more human...he makes mistakes... it's natural!!!!!! and Edward is not more supirior! Jacob's hight in the books is because of it's growth support... but when he "looks down" at Edward, he don't have the look of "I'm better than you", just an irrateted one XD Jacob never claimed to be better... just better for Bella.. and he is right after all. If she stayed with him, she would have had children, a real familiy (though there is Nessie).. a normal HUMAN life...
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Well, even though this isn't really the place to get into it: if Edward was the one she truly loved, then obviously he was the better choice for her. She was willing to give up her human life, and children (she didn't think she'd be able to have them) for him.

As far as Taylor goes, I do wish he would've been just a few inches taller but I think in most scenes they do a good job of getting the camera angles right to make him look bigger. I was VERY impressed with him for being able to put on all those muscles in such a short time period though. I wouldn't say that Edward looks superior, but he the books do say that he can definitely look intimidating. Neither one of them are superior over the other. They just both can be intimidating if they want, and I think the way most of the scenes were shot make that possible.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

I know he was the right guy to her because of the love.. but think about Bella's humanity... Edward knows that Jacob is actually better for Bella... to keep her alive I mean..

I was kinda shocked too... and very impressed :P he is buff ;) I know... they do an amazing job with it... but that pic really bothers me! ughhhh It's not that Edward feels supirior in the books... it's that the look in his eyes in that photo looked that way.. and it annoyed me so much! yeah... they both can be very intimidating... though I think Edward can be more because he IS a vampire... and I AM a werewolf... And I'm a virgo :lol: just thought about that scene =]
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I think Taylor worked for hard to keep his role. It is obvious with how he looks in NM. That only proves the dedication he has for being a actor.
Banner by TammyAZ
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

of course... he was plain amazing.... and how he worked to heep his role is really outstanding...
But I have to say that in Eclipse he looks less buff... in the trailer and behind the scenes I mean
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

The girlie-wolf wrote:
Total Twilight Fan wrote:I made me and my friends sing him Happy Birthday on his :)
ha ha I did it too! I sang Happy BDay on his :D
I love Taylor so much.... but Jacob much more...

Why do you hate Jacob?

About Taylor's hight.... I think he is too short to play Jacob... There is this Eclipse still the edward and jacob stand beside each other and it looks like Edward is looking down on Jacob... like he is more supirior... and it buged me... because this is suppossed to be the opposite!
I think that Taylor is perfect to play Jake... excpet for the hight issue
I could never Hate Jacob, I just believe that for me personally, his character is not the sort that I would go for. He seems a little selfish, but really who could blame him? I guess hate was the wrong word, as I could never hate someone in the Twilight Saga. Taylor is the perfect guy for me, I totally love him- he is amazing, nice, kind, loyal friend and cute. But as for Jacob,I just dont think his character appeals that much to me. Im a Jasper gal. :D

I sang him Happy Birthday 18 times- whilst rolling out scone mixture XD. I do think that he is a little short to play Jacob I do admit, but it would be hard to find someone that massive and be...Jacob you know?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.