Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #11

Post by ringswraith »

Jazz Girl wrote:Rings~ If the pile starts, I give you full permission to do everything necessary to protect Rob from harm. And, if he happens to find his way back to the corner with me, than there's an extra blessing in it for you. :lol:
(picks up a pair of heavy foam-padded batons)

You heard the High Priestess- No dogpiling The Pattinson!
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hi everyone. You guys are on fire with the posting today--I think I counted 4 pages since I left for work this a.m.

Julie--I'm enjoying American Idol this season. I think it'll probably come down to Matt and Adam in the finals. Adam is really interesting and talented, but his version of "Ring of Fire" was just a little too odd for me. I bet Johnny Cash rolled over in his grave when Adam performed that arrangement. :lol: Matt and Chris are great and seem a little more versatile than Adam. I also love Allison's kick a** voice and think she has a ton of poise and composure for a 16-year-old. I do think this is the most talented group of 5 singers left at this stage of the game, as compared to previous years. Really... any one of them could win.

Sandy--glad you've started "The Submissive" and hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think when you finish.

Caryn--hope you get through your rough week. Just retreat to your corner whenever you need to regain a little sanity.
Here you go...

Kristiner--hope you feel better and thanks for that "butt shot" of Rob. Is that Rob's underwear we're seeing riding just above the waistband of his jeans? 8-) Oh, holy hell...

Anyway, just wanted to post part of this article from MTV about Rob's role in the upcoming Summit movie, Memoirs:

According to The Hollywood Reporter, "Memoirs" is the story of two star-crossed young lovers whose new relationship is threatened by a string of family tragedies. As they struggle to cope, their love is put to the test. It's familiar territory for Pattinson, who made his name in the star-crossed romance of "Twilight," and it will undoubtedly be a popular choice among his female fans.

The original script was penned by Will Fetters and is currently undergoing a rewrite from "Rachel Getting Married" scribe Jenny Lumet. Considering what "Rachel" did for Anne Hathaway's career, this might be the wisest career move Pattinson has made since agreeing to play the immortal Edward Cullen.

It sounds like a good choice for Rob, especially if the new screenwriter is as talented as she sounds. The article also mentioned that because this is a Summit film, they'll be able to work around shooting for "New Moon" and Eclipse". I was so bummed that "Parts Per Billion" didn't work out for Rob because of conflicts with New Moon, and I think it would have been a great role for him to delve into.

Apparently they haven't chosen a female lead for Memoirs yet, so I wonder if we should all audition for the role? :lol: Anyway, it will be interesting to see who they cast as Rob's love interest and whether they will generate anywhere near the kind of chemistry I think Rob shares with Kristen Stewart.

Thoughts?
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Banner by TammyAZ
GenevieveCullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by GenevieveCullen »

ringswraith wrote:(picks up a pair of heavy foam-padded batons)

You heard the High Priestess- No dogpiling The Pattinson!

:o Oh noes!

Tracy~ I've seen Rachel Getting Married so Lumet will definitely cook something juicy up for Rob. I'm bummed that Rob couldn't do Parts Per Billion. It bothers me a bit that the saga has monopolized a lot his time so I'm glad he's able to squeeze this in over the summer.

As for chemistry, Rob could make it good no matter who it was.

PS: Good grief, this thread is only 5 days old and there's already over 250 posts.
Resident of Rob's Halfway House :: WA Addict :: Team Switzerland
Image Image by ForJazz
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I said you shouldn't ambush Rob and I get ganged up on :(
But when Jazz and rings say it no one gives two hoots.

*shakes fist*
It's because I'm a teenager isn't it?

That's it. I'm taking over the corner and not letting anyone else in.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

I can't believe there are 11 threads of this already! wow. It's been a long time since I've been here, but I'm SO GLAD I came when I did because I just looked at that "corner" picture and -- oh my. I think I forgot just how extremely sexy Rob can be underneath all the hair and scruff. (I know a lot of you love that.)
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
sillyme
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sillyme »

Jadey wrote:I said you shouldn't ambush Rob and I get ganged up on :(
But when Jazz and rings say it no one gives two hoots.

*shakes fist*
It's because I'm a teenager isn't it?

That's it. I'm taking over the corner and not letting anyone else in.
Awwwww *goes to give Jadey a BIG hug* ...and a little bit of Rob! :D Sometimes people just get caught up in the moment!

So whilst perusing through the "entertainment" magazines at the book store, I came across one with a little picture of Rob on the cover (ofcourse!). And the little blurb that went with it? ---> "So why is Rob the sexiest man on the planet?"... :shock: I'm shocked they even had to ask! The answer?... BECAUSE HE IS!!! :lol: Sheesh!

Elle.
^^made by the lovely ForJazz926!
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Wow, you girls & rings have been busy today brewing up RobFantasies and dealing the RobCrack and talking DirtyRob and guarding the RobCorner. I swear, it was R-rated there for a couple pages and I LOVED IT.

I loved The Submissive (as you may remember, Tracy) and now I'm just awaiting chapter updates for The Dominant which is the Edward version. Nothing like a S&M to REALLY break the characters out of canon. Whew!!

Julie, I did not know there was a line for the corner. Is yours an NKOTB sleeping bag? Sometimes it helps to wait until the mothers have to mother & then throw some elbows -- apparently there are now strict rules and there's a New Zealander camped out indefinitely :( .

Jade, my dear, you just need to be a little more crazy fangirl and a little less practical. You are acting far too mature for your own good. It's ok to touch Virtual Rob while your in the corner. He doesn't mind.

Image Image Image
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

*raises hand* I'll gladly accept the position of Rob's leading lady. That would be very awesome.
Didn't they change the name to Remember Me? I think I read that somewhere. Well, whatever the name, Rob will make it the best thing ever. He can make the others look good. I just hope he doesn't have to work that hard.

And did anyone else think it was cute on the ET interview that when he was asked what his code name on set is he just flat out said "number 2"? :lol: Omg I love him. I wonder if it really was his code name. Lol. Cause someone off camera was like freaking out when he said it. Hahaha. I don't know why I just thought about that.

One more comment about NKOTB and then I'll stop. I just found out today that my roommate has been dying to go see them again now that we're older. So we are gonna go on July 1st. :lol:

Jade - Yeah what Akire said. This place is our outlet for Rob fantasies and Robsession. We do the serious "I respect him for his mind and artistic talent" stuff in everyday real life (or at least I do). But we need an escape from real life sometimes, and this is it. I hope you don't think we would ever do the things we say we would if we met him. I mean unless he's up for it anyway. :twisted: But yeah, us older folks like to be our teenage selves again. So please don't take things too hard.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

*peer pressure*

:l fine. Ill touch rob if you want me to.
But if he leaves then it's all you guysez fault.

I r not taking this too hard :cry: I've had a very stressful day tyvm.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

akire wrote:Wow, you girls & rings have been busy today brewing up RobFantasies and dealing the RobCrack and talking DirtyRob and guarding the RobCorner. I swear, it was R-rated there for a couple pages and I LOVED IT.

I loved The Submissive (as you may remember, Tracy) and now I'm just awaiting chapter updates for The Dominant which is the Edward version. Nothing like a S&M to REALLY break the characters out of canon. Whew!!

Jade, my dear, you just need to be a little more crazy fangirl and a little less practical. You are acting far too mature for your own good. It's ok to touch Virtual Rob while your in the corner. He doesn't mind.
akire (I'm sorry I've forgotten your name ;) )I'm glad I'm not the only one enjoying a little S&M! :lol: I think I actually prefer "The Dominant" and can't wait until it's finished. I love seeing what makes Domward tick and how he tries to deny his real feelings for Bella. Reading Edward's POV made some of his actions in The Submissive more understandable.

Hi Jade, sorry you've had such a stressful day. Maybe this will help you relax...

He hopes you have a better day tomorrow 8-)

Goodnight all, and good morning to some of you folks on the other side of the world.
Tracy
Banner by TammyAZ