Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Bryce Dallas Howard as Victoria 2.0

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I think if Bryce was Victoria from the begining and Rachelle was now going to play the part I would have the same feelings as I do know. I don't think anyone like change when it comes to that. :)
Banner by TammyAZ
vampirelover109
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by vampirelover109 »

im not totally convinced that bryce dallas howard is a good replacement for the role of victoria after seeing the trailer she dosent seem fierce enough she dosent seem scary im not saying shes not a good actress im just not convinced about her yet
team edward all the way
twilightguy
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightguy »

^^^^^^I think that bryce is better looking than rachelle but with that being said I never thought of victorias character as one of the beautiful ones not saying that she wasn't but I always thought of her as very menacing in a sense and with rachelle you could see/feel the hate in her and I don't really get the same feeling with bryce but it is waaay too early to tell and hopefully she works out ok
I’m sure you’ll ace your classes… apparently there’s nothing interesting for you to do at night besides study.

Emmett Cullen
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

Well, I'm definitely not going to decide how I feel about her playing Victoria from one clip from the trailer. I will say that while the Village wasn't one of my favorite movies I do think Bryce played the part very well and I LOVED her in Lady in the Water. That being said I'm not sure that she can pull off the hate/anger that just seems to radiate off of Victoria. Even when you're reading the books you get that feeling and I though Rachelle portrayed it amazingly. So, my vote is still out on Bryce but I am willing to give her a chance.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

vampirenerd wrote:Well, I'm definitely not going to decide how I feel about her playing Victoria from one clip from the trailer. I will say that while the Village wasn't one of my favorite movies I do think Bryce played the part very well and I LOVED her in Lady in the Water. That being said I'm not sure that she can pull off the hate/anger that just seems to radiate off of Victoria. Even when you're reading the books you get that feeling and I though Rachelle portrayed it amazingly. So, my vote is still out on Bryce but I am willing to give her a chance.
ditto to this!!! i need to see her actually deliver some dialogue obviously they couldnt fit this into a teaser trailer but still lol, Rachelle did rule as Victoria but im interested to see how Bryce plays it.
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

Byrce? sounds nice, she's one of my favorite actresses and crushes of all time. Besides Victoria is hot in any actress form and she's my fave Twilight character even to the straight male Twi fans.
JordanfromNZ
Settled in Forks

Post by JordanfromNZ »

I like Bryce Dallas Howard as an actress .... but in saying that Rachelle was perfect for the role of Victoria, and I was very disappointed when she was replaced.

WHY DO MOVIE STUDIOS DO THIS ! You cannot replace a cast member mid saga without a backlash ! Let alone a prominent character like that.

It would be like replacing Daniel Radcliffe in the last Harry Potter movie. Just wouldn't work.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I like Bryce as an actress however she wasn't malice enough for me. Her voice is to soft and feminine. I didn't think she pulled it off at all. She just isn't a villain.
Banner by TammyAZ
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

yeah i agree Bryce is quite clearly a good actress but i just didn't find her as scary (not really the word i wanted to use but i can't think of any better right now :lol: ) as i did Rachelles Victoria through Bellas eyes, if that makes sense. i've seen it 4 times now and i haven't found her menacing once yet, that said i do think that she had a good kind of chemistry with Xavier Samuels, but then i don't think she came across as manipulative enough neccessarily.
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I didn't like her as Victoria at ALL. I think they missed the mark when they casted her. Now, I LOVE Bryce as an actress. I think she is really fantastic. I just can't stand her as Victoria!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story