Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by sarina1113 »

malaz wrote: maybe i wasn't as clear as i thought. I meant, the way Nessie changes in like, lets say a month - the difference can be compared to how Jacob looks like in twilight and how Jacob looks like new moon. does that make more sense?

sacrifices like what in twilight?
NOT just in new moon, there IS eclipse (they are shooting them back to back) so, honestly, i am just pondering the whole thing. and it IS a problem - to me at least - EVEN stephenie meyer wants Taylor replaced (she's hoping for steven strait) so yeah.

and how does him being a huge fan of the saga and how his eyes light up when he talks about the books, have anything to do with the story and the jacob character and the movie to be exact??
Yea, that makes more sense and I understand where you are coming from with the night and day changes.

With the "sacrifices", not every character were absolutely picture perfect and has their personalities right in line with the book. So it wouldn't be a big deal to me if the height aspect of Jacob was lacking (even with them shooting NM and Elclipse back-to-back)
And really, Steven Strait? Bleh.

And with the last part, I was just emphasizing how it's nice to see an actor who loves his character and that'd it be a shame to see him leave.

I do hear ya, malaz, and I'd like for the movies to stay as close to the book as possible too. But I'd like them to keep some consistency with actors as well.

I can't wait to hear what they actually end up doing. Come on, Summit, give me some answers! And yes, I will be upset if Taylor gets the boot but so be it.
Last edited by sarina1113 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

sarina1113 wrote: And really, Steven Strait? Bleh.
If they do replace Jacob *praying to the NM casting gods to not* i hope its not steven strait there is something about him that i just don't like and i don't see him as Jacob at all. and since Jacob is my fav character, it will ruin the twilight series for me therefore = me not seeing the movie.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
OnyxEyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnyxEyes »

I think what is more important is if Taylor can act the part, not if he's 6'7. No offense to anyone who thinks otherwise, but I think judging him on just appearance is kind of shallow. He has enthusiasm for the story and that is more than some actors can say.
siobhan1
Settled in Forks

Post by siobhan1 »

I agree with OnyxEyes, Taylor so far has been an excellent Jacob and has had great chemistry with Kirsten. The height thing doesn't matter to me as much as the believeability of the character. Maybe Steven Strait could carry Jacob's role,( for the height-obsessed out there he is 6 ft 2" not 6ft7'). I really don't know how jarring that change would be, it would seem very immediate to me as the second movie will be so close in time to the first. I don't know that Steven Strait has the "warmth" or "likeability quotient" needed to carry off Jacob as the guy you want to root for. I have seen him in a few things, most notably The Covenant and 10,000 B.C., but I guess I could swallow him as Jacob if I had to. I prefer Taylor, I think Steven is too old (he comes across as very mature much more than his 22 years and jacob is supposed to be a kid in an adult body), but I could understand how Summit are looking for another poster-boy to supplement the missing Rob status for most of New Moon.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

TeamJacob! wrote:
sarina1113 wrote: And really, Steven Strait? Bleh.
If they do replace Jacob *praying to the NM casting gods to not* i hope its not steven strait there is something about him that i just don't like and i don't see him as Jacob at all. and since Jacob is my fav character, it will ruin the twilight series for me therefore = me not seeing the movie.
I hope that they don't. Jake is my favorite character too, and I don't want them to change him. Espically since we have already seen Taylor as Jacob, and I'm pretty sure that most people like him as Jake. I know that I did. I just wanna know how thier gonna make him taller. That's the real question. :)
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Taylor fans go to the New Moon Movie thread pg 52 and get the address to send you complaints to Summit.
read this...
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/12/ ... equel.html

they're rushing the production of New Moon (because all they see is $$$) and they have a measly budget of $50mil.
Plus they are still talking about replacing Taylor!!! Please send postcards or letters.

Anybody with ideas on how to get the message across to Summit please post or pm each other.
Should we send homemade Taylor Lautner postcards?? Anybody who's a member of his site or fan club, please spread the word!!!!

Thanks again!!!

never mind here's the address...

Summit Entertainment
1630 Stewart Street, Ste 120
Santa Monica, CA 90404.
bkny
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bkny »

OnyxEyes wrote:I think what is more important is if Taylor can act the part, not if he's 6'7. No offense to anyone who thinks otherwise, but I think judging him on just appearance is kind of shallow. He has enthusiasm for the story and that is more than some actors can say.
i agree with you that its shallow that they judge Taylor cause of his appearance...so what that he is short and he wore a wig....so what???? he did an amazing job on playing Jacob..he even did his research by actually hanging out with the Quileute tribe members...plus I saw on an interview that his costars were amazed because he did his homework on Jacob's character.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I don't see why they have to change the cast, all in all it wouldn't make very much sense... -shakes head-
They really can't think that they are going to get away with such a change?! :|
I AM SOOOOOOOOO SENDING A LETTER.
ImageImage
E<3B
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

It will seriously break my heart if they replace him. This whole thing is just ridiculous. I mean, is it really necessary that Jacob looks like a 25 year old? No. It's not. Ugh. Even thinking about it makes me want to vomit.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Haha, I hate to say this, but if it is that necessary for Jacob to look 25, they obviously weren't paying much attention to the necessary details of Twilight...
SO STICK THAT IN YOUR JUICEBOX AND SUCK IT SUMMIT.
:)
ImageImage
E<3B