Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by Miss Vengeance »

His height may not be a huge issue. If you angle the camera right you can make someone Taylor's height look much taller.

Taylor looks like Jacob to me, but I've only ever seen him in Sharkboy and Lavagirl. I can't even remember him from CBTD2. He has the fighting stuff down, though. :lol:
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town

Post by nikie_nikz »

Height shouldn't be an issue with Taylor. He's what? 16? 17? Chances are, he hasn't reached his full potential in height, and will grow a few more inches in the next couple of years. His growth in maturity and physicality in real life will probably be aligned with Jacob's growth in the book. I think it'll work out well.
"What fools these mortals be!"
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KStew and RPatz »

I absolutely love Taylor as Jacob! I think he can totally pull off the happy, cheery Jacob in Twilight (because that is the wayhis personality usually is!), but I also think that he will be able to do the serious Jacob at the end of the series ( if you saw his acting in Sharkboy and Lavagirl, you will know what I mean). I am feeling realy good about his part. Who was that guy that they wanted to play Jacob? Krys what?
NightCreation
Wandering Through Town

Post by NightCreation »

I love that Taylor is playing Jacob. It's also kind of weird because three years ago I saw him as this short cute little kid in Sharkboy and Lavagirl and Cheaper by the Dozen 2. Now, just 3 THREE YEARS later he has become....for lack of a better word...SEXY!

Oh, and am I the only person that hasn't read ANYWHERE that Steven Strait is going to play Jake in the later movies? I mean, he would probably make a good Sam, but I just can't imagine him as cute little Jakey.
Proud Twilighter Since August 7, 2008 [just because I haven't been a fan for years like most of you, doesn't mean that I'm not as obsessed]
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

NightCreation wrote:I love that Taylor is playing Jacob. It's also kind of weird because three years ago I saw him as this short cute little kid in Sharkboy and Lavagirl and Cheaper by the Dozen 2. Now, just 3 THREE YEARS later he has become....for lack of a better word...SEXY!

Oh, and am I the only person that hasn't read ANYWHERE that Steven Strait is going to play Jake in the later movies? I mean, he would probably make a good Sam, but I just can't imagine him as cute little Jakey.
lol i don't think the filmmakers are considering that...i mean i've been looking around at Twilight news for a while and haven't ever come across something like that. Not to mention the fact that a move like that wouldn't be very productive considering Taylor seems to be doing an excellent job anyway?
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
NightCreation
Wandering Through Town

Post by NightCreation »

mlola619 wrote:
NightCreation wrote:I love that Taylor is playing Jacob. It's also kind of weird because three years ago I saw him as this short cute little kid in Sharkboy and Lavagirl and Cheaper by the Dozen 2. Now, just 3 THREE YEARS later he has become....for lack of a better word...SEXY!

lol i don't think the filmmakers are considering that...i mean i've been looking around at Twilight news for a while and haven't ever come across something like that. Not to mention the fact that a move like that wouldn't be very productive considering Taylor seems to be doing an excellent job anyway?
Thank Goodness!
Proud Twilighter Since August 7, 2008 [just because I haven't been a fan for years like most of you, doesn't mean that I'm not as obsessed]
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

Haha. Twilight the movie hasn't even come out and I'm already anxious to see New Moon (if that decision is made ::fingers crossed) on the big screen!!!

I can't wait to see Taylor Lautner portray a deeper emotion than "happy go-lucky" and he is so that won't be hard for him.
But I can't wait for him to play "dark, brooding, angsty" Jake!

I just know he's gonna do great!
J<3B
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Juliana<3Jake wrote:Haha. Twilight the movie hasn't even come out and I'm already anxious to see New Moon (if that decision is made ::fingers crossed) on the big screen!!!

I can't wait to see Taylor Lautner portray a deeper emotion than "happy go-lucky" and he is so that won't be hard for him.
But I can't wait for him to play "dark, brooding, angsty" Jake!

I just know he's gonna do great!

Definately, sure i can't wait to see him in Twilight- but New Moon is where we're REALLY gonna see his acting skills....go taylor 8-)
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
iloveawerewolf...
Settled in Forks

Post by iloveawerewolf... »

I think Taylor Lautner is perfect for Jacob. He has that sweet, young boy look. Sort of like the 'boy next door' But then at the same time I can see him being the 'angry werewolf' he turns into in New Moon. Also has anyone seen those new pictures of him of Disney Channel Stars? He has gotten pretty bulked up since I last saw him so I thnk he'll be able to do it. (And if it's not enough..then computer technology....)

And he is dedicated to his role. Really dedicated. The video the Lex produced proved it. :) He meet with tribal members in actual La Push and everything to learn as much about his role as possible. Even learn their language. Dedication!

So I completely support Taylor as Jacob and I cannot wait to see him on the big screen!
break4jake
Wandering Through Town

Post by break4jake »

I think Taylor is the best guy for Jacob. He has the awesome bright sun smile, and is....uh.....very cute to put it mildly.

ANd about his height, people shouldn't be too worried about it. I mean they did fine with Gandolf being huge and hobbits being shorties in LOTR, so why can't they produce some movie magic here?

And I cannot wait for Eclipse to hit the big screen, partly cause I want to see Taylor walk around without a shirt on. :oops: :D

On a serious note, I've always thought Taylor would be a great Jacob Black. He is very into his part, and is willing to go the extra mile to play his role right. He is a great actor, and I respect him greatly.

(I also think the poor guy had no idea what he was getting into taking this role. And all the conflict going on with fans about jacob, and also the thousands of fans who want their jacob played right in the movie)
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale