Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by KStew and RPatz »

i am exactly 2 years younger than Taylor (same birthday). ANyone think that is too young to date him?
sorry, i'm obsessed with that adorable smile!!!!!!!
KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I think that Taylor Lautner is a good actor to play Jacob Black. In Twilight Jacob isn't very old. And is still like a little kid. About not being tall enough right now, yeah, he is kind of short to be a Jacob. When it comes to him going through a big growth spurt in the books, I am sure the director will figure out a way to make him taller. Its not that hard to do. I am all for Taylor being Jacob. I am sure that doing this film will help with his acting skills for later on in life.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
CindyBlack

Post by CindyBlack »

soozabooza54 wrote:I just feel like the concern about size would be the same no matter what actor they cast. Either they cast for the last three movies (that they aren't even sure are going to be made) and the first movie looks really wrong, or they cast for the first one and then figure the rest out as they go. Any age appropriate boy they would have cast (read: 20 or under-ish) is not going to be able to grow a foot overnight, so it really has nothing to do with Taylor. Also, the idea of Jacob getting bigger because of the werewolf thing really isn't all that important to the movie (I know I'll get flack for that, but it's true) - you just need to know that his body is going through changes. There are ways to show that - Taylor will get buffer, and he's going to look older (the speed at which 16 year old boys mature is ridiculous) and taller and etc.

This is my "lay off Jacob cuz he's awesome" post. Haha. :) I love him - when he's smiling, I'm smiling, which is the most PERFECT thing for Jacob ever, regardless of if he can grow like a werewolf or not. :)
Couldn't have said it better myself :D
I love Taylor <3
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/cindylou101/
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Man, he already looks older... haha... those boys sure do grow fast at that age, huh?
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
Team_Jacob
Settled in Forks

Post by Team_Jacob »

While I was reading the series (way before the cast list) I was picturing Taylor as Jake, so I couldn't be happier!
**Jacob Black is my fictional boyfriend**
**I was trying to sleep && close my eyes, && all I saw was you && our memories, && I wondered: do you think of me before you go to sleep, too? **
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

when i first read that taylor lautner was going to be jacob i was like wow he looks young though... and then i remembered in twilight jacob was nothing more than a young boy gushing over bella. and even now he looks so much older than when they first announced it i feel like. hes younger than me but i stilll think hes really cute. haha ohh gosh.
Alice_Cullen_101
Settled in Forks

Post by Alice_Cullen_101 »

Omg. Taylor is Jacob to me now. I can't even remember what I thought Jake looked like before..
I lovee him as Jake!
Here is possibly why, and why I wish I don't have to wait four years for the movie to come out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEIMVbuBrck
OMT!!
Its cheese!
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I swear to God, his laugh just makes me giggle. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I absolutely love his laugh. He cracks me up just like Jacob does. PERFECT JACOB!!!!