Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by wildroses »

i don't know if this is how it is but i'm getting the impression that some think that all jacob fans believe taylor is perfect for the role of jacob.
and i'm an example of how this is not true.
yeah, i'm a HUGE jacob fan, and no i'm not that big a fan of taylor as jacob.

i would definitely feel bad if he didn't get the role, because well its obvious he was very excited and already preparing for this role.

i was always willing to give taylor a chance to show that he can play jacob in new moon.
but michael copon DOES look more like jacob to me.

and my opinion on the whole merchandise thing..i would definitely buy a shirt if it had michael copons face on it representing jacob. because to me he represents him better--look wise--than taylor does.

so really, i think whoever gets the role has to prove they deserved it through the movie.
i don't think we will really ever know who was better for it because only one person can play jacob in new moon.
i just hope that the better man does get the job. (meaning acting wise)
randomness bum<3
nafereti
Has Caught Sight of Edward
Location: roll'n wit the turtles, run'n wit the wolves & Taylor's Left Pec

Post by nafereti »

TeamJacob! wrote:
well if we go by what it says on MC's facebook he is only the 'older' Jacob and for a good part of NM Jacob is still his normal physical size so they would need to have him for the first bit if they want to make to soooo perfect otherwise there is no point cos either the before Jacob or the after Jacob won't match the description in the book. And summit is so intent on getting it right.
older jacob younger jacob...it really doesnt matter. it's just sooo stupid to change him. that's like saying...

oh we have to re-cast bella in BD because kristin doesn't match the vampire bella.

WTF?!
Team Turtle//Skank Pack-Tay's L.Pec//Dork Squad-SuperSonicSamoan
TEAM TAYCOB WEBSITE: http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
TeamJacob!
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by TeamJacob! »

wildroses wrote:i don't know if this is how it is but i'm getting the impression that some think that all jacob fans believe taylor is perfect for the role of jacob.
and i'm an example of how this is not true.
yeah, i'm a HUGE jacob fan, and no i'm not that big a fan of taylor as jacob.

i would definitely feel bad if he didn't get the role, because well its obvious he was very excited and already preparing for this role.

i was always willing to give taylor a chance to show that he can play jacob in new moon.
but michael copon DOES look more like jacob to me.

and my opinion on the whole merchandise thing..i would definitely buy a shirt if it had michael copons face on it representing jacob. because to me he represents him better--look wise--than taylor does.

so really, i think whoever gets the role has to prove they deserved it through the movie.
i don't think we will really ever know who was better for it because only one person can play jacob in new moon.
i just hope that the better man does get the job. (meaning acting wise)
Obviously not everyone that likes Jacob likes Taylor. I don't know about the other people who like Jacob&Taylor but I'm not stupid. But i have seen very few who don't like Taylor.
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
chichichobits
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chichichobits »

Guys be nice. I think a couple of people in this thread need to show a little compassion seriously. Okay even if Michael Copon becomes the new older Jacob it really doesn't justify being an backside and rubbing it in people's faces just saying :lol: I would freaking flip out if they even THOUGHT of replacing Robert Pattinson, whether it's a good idea or not I wouldn't even care. It's alright to have different opinions about whether or not Jacob can transition into the new , older, muscular, sexy , hot, melt like butter Jacob but let's be respectful about it kay' :::ding ding ding::: Here's my two cents. Personally I rather they stick with Taylor as Jacob because he embodies his personality, and has the mindset of the character--even in interviews it never turns off, not only that but he has a killer smile. He has grown on me I like him. To be honest I don't know anything about Michael Copon besides the fact he once was a blue power ranger. I hear that he sucked in the Scorpion King 2 but I don't know for sure I haven't seen it. If he is cast as Jacob I won't be holding a pitchfork or torch because of it. If I had to chose between a good actor that does the character justice versus someone that just looks the part ( I'm not saying that's the case with Taylor & Michael ) I would go with the better actor. I will still give Michael a chance though. He's hot and if he were to play Jacob like he should be played I might be switching teams :lol: kidding...not. I'm just so easy to please 8-)
Official Robnapper Explosions Analyst ( Because Rob makes me go bang ! )
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

I've been Team Edward from the get go. I never really liked Jacob. Then I saw Taylor playing him in the movie and I saw interviews of Taylor and how excited he was. Now I actually do like Jacob. And now when I read the books, Taylor is all I can picture. So I'm sorry to whoever does replace Taylor, but they just won't be Jacob to me. Sorry.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
SylvieGirl224
Wandering Through Town

Post by SylvieGirl224 »

What I don't understand are the people who are so concerned with Taylor's size. The size of the wolf pack as humans has nothing to do with the storyline. If the size was never mentioned in the movie, it would still make sense as a story, and the people who haven't read the books won't be confused about why a different actor is playing Jacob. Jacob's personality is what makes him shine as a character, not his physical appearance. I'm rereading New Moon right now, and Bella pays more attention to the difference in his attitude than his appearance when he changes:
“But the physical changes were insignificant. It was his expression that made him almost completely unrecognizable. The open, friendly smile was gone like the hair, the warmth in his dark eyes altered to a brooding resentment that was instantly disturbing. There was a darkness in Jacob now. Like my sun had imploded.”
N.M. pg. 262
We've seen that Taylor can handle Jake's personality, and he auditioned for the part with lines from New Moon and Eclipse as well as Twilight. I think he can handle brooding, angry Jake just as well as happy-go-lucky Jake. Here's hoping that Taylor stays! :D
Searching for my own Jacob...

I may be a dork, but I'm Taylor's dork! ;)
Dork Squad: Showtune Siren
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

Wish I had thought of it myself ...
TAYCOB!
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X
Wandering Through Town

Post by X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X »

(i haven't been on here in a while but i need to post on this x] )

okay,
i've seen some people around saying Summit are in it for the money,
obviously they're not if they're trying to get the role as close to the book as possible.
but still,
Taylor IS Jacob to me, i pictured someone SO similar to him when i read the saga,
and he is so enthuasiastic.
I had my doubts about him, but i had my doubts about everyone, and they all, including him, were AMAZING, in the movie.
Michael to me, doesn't look like Jacob, he has the body, the same color hair, the same eye color, BUT he doesn't look like Jacob, he looks like a 26 year old that has no native in him what so ever, my cousin has brown hair, brown eyes and a tan, that doesn't mean he looks like Jacob Black! x]
Taylor Lautner is the closest thing to Jacob to ALOT of Twilight fans (not saying all of them because i know not all of them agree) but ALOT i think is enough to re consider.
I don't think summit realize's how big Jacob is in the community, there isn't Team Edward + Team Jacob for nothing :roll: x]
but what i mean is, they'd never in a million years think of re-casting Robert, so why are they thinking of re-casting Taylor! Jacob's as big a part of this movie as Edward Cullen.
i also heard they'd payed Robert the most to do New Moon, which makes me wonder if they're planning on changing it, because they wouldn't pay a guy alot of money to hardly be in a movie right? :roll:
just my thought.
but anyway, if they replace Taylor (no offence to any of the other actors trying to get the part) but i know i won't like the movie, sounds dramatic but, to me it won't be Jacob Black on the screen, it'll be a guy trying to be Jacob Black whereas it came naturally to Taylor...he is my Jacob Black :cry:
It's not faith if you use your eyes.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Please keep writing letters and emails to Summit!!! to support Taylor.

Post on MTV blogs, EW sites, Chris Weitz IMDB message board.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

TEAM TAYCOB!!!! OMG... LOVE IT! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/