Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MelBelle22
Settled in Forks

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by MelBelle22 »

I think that all in all, Kristen did a very good job as Bella! The role calls for a lot of expressive emotions, and she nailed them. The only scene that I didn't care for as much as the others was when she is in the hospital after James' attack. The part where she starts to stutter a lot when Edward says it would be better for her to go to Jackson always makes everyone in the audience chuckle (I have seen it 4 times and this happened every time.) I understand how "out of it" she was after the attack, being in the hospital, etc. though, so I never laughed at it! I am excited to see what they do for her transformation in the fourth movie, because she is gorgeous and I feel like they are purposely making her look plainer than she is so that the transition is more dramatic. It should be awesome!! =] Way to go, Kristen!!
P.S. just watched her last night with my little sister in "Into the Wild" and she was good in that, too!
"For it was not into my ear you whispered,
but into my heart.
It was not my lips you kissed,
but my soul." -Judy Garland-
jessi437
Settled in Forks

Post by jessi437 »

[quote="MelBelle22"]I think that all in all, Kristen did a very good job as Bella! The role calls for a lot of expressive emotions, and she nailed them. The only scene that I didn't care for as much as the others was when she is in the hospital after James' attack. The part where she starts to stutter a lot when Edward says it would be better for her to go to Jackson always makes everyone in the audience chuckle (I have seen it 4 times and this happened every time.) I understand how "out of it" she was after the attack, being in the hospital, etc. though, so I never laughed at it! I am excited to see what they do for her transformation in the fourth movie, because she is gorgeous and I feel like they are purposely making her look plainer than she is so that the transition is more dramatic. It should be awesome!! =] Way to go, Kristen!!
P.S. just watched her last night with my little sister in "Into the Wild" and she was good in that, too![/quote

I was just thinking how they are going to have to transform bella. A LOT op people think that they "uglied" kristen up so that it will have a more dramatic effect in the 4th movie. I just hope they dont do anything super cheezy. I keep having these visions of that scene where the family sees bella for the first time and its all in slow motion with a big bright light behid her and her hair blowing in the wind. that would totally kill it for me. lmao

all in all i was dissapointed with kristens performance. i do however think that she is a VERY beautiful girl, she looks a lot like bell at me. i have faith that she will develop as an actress more and be very good in new moon
(**crosses fingers**)
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

Kristen Stewart is a great actor and i think she was perfec for the part many people would have loved.
Bella would be a hard role to carry out and she nailed all the hard parts and really showed people who Bella was. :D :mrgreen:
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.
TheLamb07
Wandering Through Town

Post by TheLamb07 »

She did a really good job but i dont think she played the same Bella portrayed in the book. Bella in the book was funnier and needed edward. In the book she was so much more fragile and energetic. Bella in the movie was so independent and she was really mellow. She never seemed to laugh and she always looked like she was terrified or Edward. i dont think it's kristen's fault, i must be the direction she was given.
Vampire vs. Werewolf is the new Pirate vs. Ninja
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

-sigh-
why can't this just be a happy board like the rob and taylor ones? -points at all the hate messages-
well, its been the same argument for the last 85 pages.
people say she's too bland, and the rest of us are constantly defending her, saying 'what did you expect? did you think bella was going to be all vright and cheery?'
well, i'm tired of this argument, so i'm posting some kstew news

kristen talks about new director and taylor
http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml

shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

I love Kristen. I think she is wonderful. I love the roles she chooses to take on. Into The Wild was a heartbreakingly sweet movie & I adored her as Tracy. I finally watched Speak, and again, I think she was wonderful. Kristen is unique, and I respect her for not doing the average Teen/Yuck movies. I see her becoming very much like Jodie Foster. Kristen seems to be an "old soul", & I LOVE that about her! :D
*EDIT* I liked Kristen as Bella, too.
Last edited by shanon on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was the forum where we expressed our opinions regarding how Kristen Stewart played her role. I must have been mistaken.

All sarcasm aside, I would fully support your opinion on any thread as long as it is intelligently thought out and has merit. I believe I expressed my views clearly and with reason.

Sure, most of the other forums seem content to extoll the virtues of that given actor, but almost all of them would respect a different opinion from their own as long as you are respectful, refrain from pettiness, and allow them to disagree with you.

I am SO glad you like KS's portrayal of Bella! I respect your freedom to a different opinion and would appreciate the same in return.
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^Woot. Respect is the name of the game.

Personally, I love her. In the movie and out.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
jessi437
Settled in Forks

Post by jessi437 »

SERIOUSLY!! i don't know about the forums you were on before but in this one we all respect each other's opinions, no drama just thoughts. That was an extremely rude post. i wish that i could ve liked kristen's portrayal of Bella so does everyone on this board who doesn't like her. we are all twilight fans duh, and i think that we are all hoping that she will do better in new moon.
dazzle_me-xx
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by dazzle_me-xx »

WHOA!
Okay, I think I owe everyone an apology. I didn't mean for that to come out as harsh as that did, and it was because I was kinda tired and pissed of. Anyway, I don't know what I wanted, I just thought this thread could move on from I love her/ I hate her...whatever I know its stupid.

I'm sorry, of course I respect your opinion, Jolynn. I understand why people don't like her, I just get angry when people say she sucks , or make stupid comments like " she must be high".

So, um, sorry. Now I feel like an a.ss.