Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by heartscreams »

Lunna-san wrote:
switzgal wrote:I hear ya!! To me she seems like she's just reading the lines with no emotion.
But I've seen Kristen in other movies and she can act really depressed, worried, etc. Don't know why in the trailers she seem really stoic and monotone.

It would be bad if she's the one that didn't get the part right. I can see movie critics tearing her down in reviews. How sad would that be? Especially since Rob Pattinson said one of the reasons he took the role is because he thought Kristen was a great actress.
I think it's because in the trailler the cuts are pretty fast and the dialogue in the background doesn't make much of sense with what's happening. I think Edward asked about her theories and she's putting everything together. As we are talking about Bella, she doesn't seem too scared about the vampire thing, so she's speaks calmly.

Personally, I like Kristen as Bella a lot.
yea, that could be the reason.

but if you guys have watched the exclusive new scene shown at the Rome Film Festival, you can definitely see the akwardness she portrayed. i feel assured of Kristen playing Bella, just within that 8 minutes. i don't know how to describe it, but the way Kristen act is exactly how i imagine Bella. Bella doesn't talk much, but she observed others around her very carefully and most of the time. and Bella doesn't know what to say most of the time, and i think Kristen brings that out perfectly. and if you think about it, Bella is always good with expressions, but utters the wrong words. c'mon, you can't deny Catherine and Stephenie's choice of leading actress :)
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

heartscreams wrote:

but if you guys have watched the exclusive new scene shown at the Rome Film Festival, you can definitely see the akwardness she portrayed. i feel assured of Kristen playing Bella, just within that 8 minutes. i don't know how to describe it, but the way Kristen act is exactly how i imagine Bella. Bella doesn't talk much, but she observed others around her very carefully and most of the time. and Bella doesn't know what to say most of the time, and i think Kristen brings that out perfectly. and if you think about it, Bella is always good with expressions, but utters the wrong words. c'mon, you can't deny Catherine and Stephenie's choice of leading actress :)
see, that's exactly where i found myself disappointed. there was no awkwardness to me in the rome footage. kristen--i should say bella, looked so condifent and shy. 'bout it. not to mention, her dialogue. the way she said them with the facial expressions. i was just, like gr...she did it wrong. the one quote that i thought she did horrible with is "i would never tell...anybody"
heartscreams

Post by heartscreams »

malaz wrote:
heartscreams wrote:

see, that's exactly where i found myself disappointed. there was no awkwardness to me in the rome footage. kristen--i should say bella, looked so condifent and shy. 'bout it. not to mention, her dialogue. the way she said them with the facial expressions. i was just, like gr...she did it wrong. the one quote that i thought she did horrible with is "i would never tell...anybody"
but why? i thought for that particular scene, she did perfect. you wouldn't want her to shake her head and looking all scared, do you? cos that's just not how it is supposed to be. Kristen played it well, in a way that she tried to convince them all but not showing that she's afraid at the same time. hahaha! Malaz dear, calm down. anyway, that's just like 8 minutes. don't get so worked up about it and let's just wait for 2 more weeks for the movie, and then you can criticise Kristen if you must. for now, breathe in, breathe out hun :)
BuffytheVampireLover
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

I haven't watched the footage cuz I'm scared haha, but I have a question for those who have: does Kristen do the dazzled expression well? Whenever she looks at Edward, she's supposed to be like borderline starstruck most of the time. Does that come across? I've been disappointed on that front from what I've seen, but I also haven't seen like a whole big scene so maybe it comes out when you watch more of her acting. I'm still crossing my fingers to be pleasantly surprised by her, so if she does it well, please let me know!
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

BuffytheVampireLover wrote:I haven't watched the footage cuz I'm scared haha, but I have a question for those who have: does Kristen do the dazzled expression well? Whenever she looks at Edward, she's supposed to be like borderline starstruck most of the time. Does that come across? I've been disappointed on that front from what I've seen, but I also haven't seen like a whole big scene so maybe it comes out when you watch more of her acting. I'm still crossing my fingers to be pleasantly surprised by her, so if she does it well, please let me know!

In my opinion, yes- yes yes yes! I think Kristen did perfect in that 8 minutes. The expression in her eyes always seems to change when she looks at Rob/Edward. She seems to be thinking ALOT whenever looking at Edward. I really enjoyed this scene, and even if no one stands by me i think Kristen is the perfect Bella, there's a reason she was chosen over countless other people who auditioned for the part. So many people say "she did it wrong, she's not timid enough", but we have to remember- EDWARD IS SHOCKED by Bella's constant ability to seem calm and relaxed. If you think i'm wrong, re-read twilight- he's always trying to see Bella have a normal reaction to dangerous situations, especially when she first met the Cullens. In these scene Kristen portrayed Bella so well- calm and collected, and obviously trying to hide her fear in a sense. The fact that she broke a joke displayed that even more in my opinion. I feel so much better about Kristen after watching this, and i'm glad she was chosen :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

heartscreams wrote: but why? i thought for that particular scene, she did perfect. you wouldn't want her to shake her head and looking all scared, do you? cos that's just not how it is supposed to be. Kristen played it well, in a way that she tried to convince them all but not showing that she's afraid at the same time. hahaha! Malaz dear, calm down. anyway, that's just like 8 minutes. don't get so worked up about it and let's just wait for 2 more weeks for the movie, and then you can criticise Kristen if you must. for now, breathe in, breathe out hun :)
she doesn't nessescarily have to shake her head and look scared. but AT least, add emotion and good facial expressions. i am not a professional actor but we've learned this in drama class. when someone says a dialogue, like for instance. just a short "OMG", when an actor/actress says it, there's always different tones to saying "omg" depending on the context right?, like it could be an "OH MY GOD" in a shocked sort of way, and "OH MY GOD" after a cute guy asks you out. etc. etc.

with this particular scene, i don't think kristen added the 'right' tone to her dialogues.
i am not getting worked up about anything. i am not saying she won't be good in other scenes, say the meadow. there are some footage in the TV spots that i think she did amazing with and the prom too and the kissing scenes. but this scene, in particular i wasn't overly impressed with.
everlong
Learning to Love Green

Post by everlong »

I watched the movie the Messengers yesterday to watch Kristen act. And she did a very good job! But my only problem with her is that her lines are dilivered very..monotone? I'm not sure if thats the right word..but i hope you get my drift. It's just like they are all the same and she sounds bored, or if shes trying to act cool and she doesnt care?

But! I reallyyyyyy liked her in the ballet scene, when her leg is broken her screamish whine is fantastic.

I have faith it will turn out well :D
heartscreams

Post by heartscreams »

mlola619 wrote:
BuffytheVampireLover wrote:I haven't watched the footage cuz I'm scared haha, but I have a question for those who have: does Kristen do the dazzled expression well? Whenever she looks at Edward, she's supposed to be like borderline starstruck most of the time. Does that come across? I've been disappointed on that front from what I've seen, but I also haven't seen like a whole big scene so maybe it comes out when you watch more of her acting. I'm still crossing my fingers to be pleasantly surprised by her, so if she does it well, please let me know!

In my opinion, yes- yes yes yes! I think Kristen did perfect in that 8 minutes. The expression in her eyes always seems to change when she looks at Rob/Edward. She seems to be thinking ALOT whenever looking at Edward. I really enjoyed this scene, and even if no one stands by me i think Kristen is the perfect Bella, there's a reason she was chosen over countless other people who auditioned for the part. So many people say "she did it wrong, she's not timid enough", but we have to remember- EDWARD IS SHOCKED by Bella's constant ability to seem calm and relaxed. If you think i'm wrong, re-read twilight- he's always trying to see Bella have a normal reaction to dangerous situations, especially when she first met the Cullens. In these scene Kristen portrayed Bella so well- calm and collected, and obviously trying to hide her fear in a sense. The fact that she broke a joke displayed that even more in my opinion. I feel so much better about Kristen after watching this, and i'm glad she was chosen :D
well said mlola619!! at times, i just need to watch her eyes to understand her movements, and not her movements at all. in fact, she wasn't chosen over countless other people, Catherine chose her immediately! that's what i read. she was introduced by Emile Hirsch to Catherine if i'm not wrong (emile hirsch was in Into The Wild, who acted in Lords of the Dogtown, which was directed by Catherine :)) and yes, Bella's constant ability to seem calm and relaxed in odd situations is also one of the things that Kristen nailed it down very well. different people have different way of being dazzled. and Bella's is well, just awkward and again, Kristen did that well :)
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

heartscreams wrote:
mlola619 wrote:

well said mlola619!! at times, i just need to watch her eyes to understand her movements, and not her movements at all. in fact, she wasn't chosen over countless other people, Catherine chose her immediately! that's what i read. she was introduced by Emile Hirsch to Catherine if i'm not wrong (emile hirsch was in Into The Wild, who acted in Lords of the Dogtown, which was directed by Catherine :)) and yes, Bella's constant ability to seem calm and relaxed in odd situations is also one of the things that Kristen nailed it down very well. different people have different way of being dazzled. and Bella's is well, just awkward and again, Kristen did that well :)

Yeah i remember reading that article as well, but she still auditioned and there were others who auditioned as well- i'm not sure if i'll be able to find the article again, but i remember thinking that she at least fought for the part- it wasn't handed to her on a silver platter ;)
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
iheartbella
Settled in Forks

Post by iheartbella »

Check out this video of Kristen in Rome. Maybe that will change the way you think about her being rude to the fans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c-9DeqSPqo