Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by twilight1909 »

malaz wrote:and yes, i agree with you to an extent. As long as she delivers her job to the big screen good, then i am good since that's all i care about. however, what i was saying was that if she thinks fans are 'retarded' for being excited for something that's not out, yeahhh..keep that to yourself kristen.
Of course. As long as she does a good job then how she personally feels about the books is irrelevant. I'm just saying that if I had a choice, I'd prefer the actors to be in love with the story. I guess I see this making the movie that much better, like they would really give it their all, but I can tell the cast did that regardless. Both Rob & Kristen seem to have really thrown themselves into these characters. I think Kristen looks like a perfect Bella, but I really don't prefer her voice. It's a little too husky and unemotional. Ha, at least that's something I can get used to. Hopefully.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
-Bella-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -Bella- »

I guess everyone has a different take on it,

I will have to agree that whatever she said, she could have TOTALLY said it in another way

she really did NOT have to use the word "retarted", THAT was the key word that got me really pissed off

Like someone said, I have the same love-hate thing going on with her

cuz I absoluetly ADORE the character of Bella, and seeing someone like her (who is really mean at times) play the character of BELLA does't digest with me!

I really hope she proves herself onscreen and portrays Bella well, that is honestly what I really care about

Though it does seem rather odd to be playing something that your not really fond of, but I guess thas what actors have to face!
TwiliGhtersUnite
Settled in Forks

Post by TwiliGhtersUnite »

bellanedward4eva wrote:
-Bella- wrote:guys any of you read this interview? :shock:

it changed my whole opinion about Kristen! I thought she was nice and all but look at her! :(

---------------------------------------------

Kristen Stewart 'You Guys Are Celebrating Something That Has Not Even Come True Yet.'

Kristen Stewart [Bella Swan] talked to MSN about the obsessive Twilight fans. Even when small crowds of fans would follow the cast one outdoor location to another [In Portland, Oregon],
Kristen said she 'kept her head down the entire way.

I just didn't pay attention. I was like, 'You guys are celebrating something that has not come true yet. So, you are really retarded and have nothing to do with this creative process and I really don't want to hear you celebrate in front of me. Get out of here! It's my responsibility!'

By oceanUP on November 17, 2008 11:11 AM 283

She first realized how intense the fan base at the Comic-
Con convention panel in July: 'You can go online and it's very intangible. I mean, who knows how many of these girls there are? It's probably just the same five girls going on every message board and gabbing on about it.

But to have literally, like, a room of over 5,000 people screaming at you makes you want to cry. It's not like, 'Oh, this is so great.' I think it's literally like an instinct. To have that sort of energy
forced at you? You start to wither.'

On the hype: 'The press just saw the movie and who knows how well it's going to do. I know they have all these equations that are supposed to pump out the answer, but they don't know for sure.'

http://www.oceanup.com/2008/11/kristen- ... e-yet.html

---------------------------------------------
Okay, While I agree she could have used a better choice of words, I think we should take several things into consideration. Firstly, it most definately could be taken out of context. Things get manipulated in the press ALL THE TIME! Secondly, I personally LOVE the fact that she's has not changed herself b/c she landed a BIG TIME role. She's not all perky and trying to milk the famous young Hollywood thing for all it's worth. She seems to be the same as she was before she did the movie. She seems to do roles that speak to her rather than roles that are going to make her a big star and I think she will continue to do that despite the fame that Twilight may bring her. Also, she's not on obsessed fan of the book like we all are. She is an actress who felt compelled to play a role and I think she takes the SCREAMING fans w/ a grain of salt, b/c like she and Rob have both said, until we see the movie, we aren't really in love w/ them as actors, we are in love w/ Edward and Bella and the rest of the characters in the book. Also, Rob has made some remarks that could most definately be seen as negative towards SM and the books, but he doesn't seem to get CRUCIFIED like Kristen does. That's just my opinion. I really like her and I think she is so REAL, she's not some ditzy, young bimbo and IMO that's REFRESHING!

THIS is what i was talking about. See my post on page 34!

Yes Kristen is on crack!
Im not retarted just obsessed!
get it right...

thursday night 12:01 i will be watching the movie, If i dont pass out when i get home I will get online and postof Kristen did justice for us, or not.

Im anxious to see if she can be bella.
Yeah she might look like her, etc BUT where is the sarcastic shy caretaker selfless clever Bella?
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Post by stellar87 »

I really hope Kristen pulls it off. I guess we'll all find out soon enough. :)
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I'm sure Kristen is going to be FANTASTIC! :) SO EXCITED TO SEE HER!!!
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
forest green
Settled in Forks

Post by forest green »

I'll admit, from the trailers and scenes I'd seen online, I was a bit nervous about Kristen as Bella. But I just saw the movie tonight and she was so good. Way more personality than I expected and definitely not as stiff as she sometimes comes off in the previews. I thought she was a really great Bella!
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

forest green wrote:I'll admit, from the trailers and scenes I'd seen online, I was a bit nervous about Kristen as Bella. But I just saw the movie tonight and she was so good. Way more personality than I expected and definitely not as stiff as she sometimes comes off in the previews. I thought she was a really great Bella!
What? You got to see the movie a day early? Not fair! I agree, I thought the same thing until I saw some clips from the movie. I can't wait to see it!!!!

So I want to know more! What did you think of the movie as a whole? Amazing, not what you expected, better than what you expected....??
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

there's an interview from the premiere where she talked about that interview
and how her words were taken out of context.

she's like really independent and strong with her opinions.
i kind of get her point?
is hard to celebrate something that hasn't even happened yet.
sometimes the fans are too obsessed to see that.

but, she really didn't used the best words.

i think she is bella.
her personality, is just as Bella's. in my opinion..
and she's super talented, i don't think she'll let us down.
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

ana; wrote:i kind of get her point?
I guess I understand, but having Twilight made into a film is a success within itself. Isn't that worth celebrating? I'm pretty sure all of the Harry Potter & Lord of the Rings fans were going crazy before those movies came out - and none of the actors said they were retarded (even when they wore hardcore costumes). Their obsession was embraced for the films! Twilight may not have had the best budget... but vampires are way cooler/sexier than wizards and hobbits. Alright I'm totally off topic here. Sorry guys. :)
The movie is all I can think about. TONIGHT! EEP!
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

ana; wrote:there's an interview from the premiere where she talked about that interview
and how her words were taken out of context.

she's like really independent and strong with her opinions.
i kind of get her point?

but, she really didn't used the best words.

i think she is bella.
her personality, is just as Bella's. in my opinion..
and she's super talented, i don't think she'll let us down.
can you give me a link to that interview please?
other than the word "retarded" that she used. it really bugged me when she used "celebrate" like honestly, the fans that went to the set aren't celebrating, they are EXCITED AND most of all HAPPY, they're happy kristen, that the movie is being made. that's how i felt when they decided to make the movie.
this interivew with cinematical and she comes off again as rude again. ughhh, honestly. whatever. i can't wait for the movie tomorrow.