Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by roseaurora »

I am trying not to hate on her, but...

... "dumb, superficial questions"... its her job to promote her movie and there are only so many questions to be asked, and the fan base is young adult girls, you kind of have to suck it up... It may be her "art", but its a business, too... and without that aspect she wouldn't have a job...

But her dad is coming across as disrespectful. And it seems like an indirect dig at Rob... seeing as how he was asked to be apart of the Oscars for Twilight, and accepted the offer...

Eh... I dunno, I am having a hard time articulating what is bouncing around in my head... lol.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

roseaurora wrote: And it seems like an indirect dig at Rob... seeing as how he was asked to be apart of the Oscars for Twilight, and accepted the offer...
That's what I thought, too. It's probably one of the things that bothers me the most about this whole Oscar presenting comment.

What does this mean for Rob? I mean, he accepted, so what's her dad saying about him? That he's just some Hollywood wh0re out to pimp himself out for a few extra minutes of screen time? I don't know the guy personally, but I can ASSURE you, based on the extensive numbers of interviews I've read and seen, that this is SO not the case.

Dear Mr. Stewart,
Maybe you could keep your big mouth shut next time?
Kthanksbye.
-Jolynn
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Hmmm... I honestly DON'T like Kristen as Bella at all. In fact, I almost despise her in the role. But luckily everyone else makes up for her shortcomings, and I did love the movie. Though I would have been much happier with a different actress. Unfortunately, we're stuck with her now.

And her rude comments totally disrespect not only the fans, but the people who put the movie together, and even SM to an extent because she has made jabs at the lines she had to say for Twilight (some of which were taken directly from the book). I would much rather see an actress who was appreciative of the opportunity to play a role like this, and was respectful to the fans. Even if she does get irritated, is it so hard to keep that to yourself? Especially with 3 more movies on the way. That's a whole lotta fan experiences to still be exposed to.

So, yeah... don't like her. At all. And especially not as Bella. She played the part all wrong.
Image Image
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

Nobody should ever be held responsible for what other's say, so I'm not holding Kristen responsible for what her father said. I do wonder though, why he was the one that came out and said why Kristen would't be partaking in the Oscar presentation? Why didn't Kristen tell people herself?

And I'm sorry, but his comment was a complete slap in Rob's face. I guess he didn't stop to think that the other cast members don't see it as just a money making machine? Maybe the rest of the cast was proud of it and all the hard work they put into it? When they took on this movie, neither Kristen nor Rob had any idea how huge it would be. Both of them take rolls that are interesting to them, not just because of the money it could make them or the filmmakers. So for Kristen's father to say what he said just sickens me.

I do realize that the people who run the Oscars were "using" Rob, but I mean it's the Oscars. Who in their right mind would say no? As stupid as this is, the Oscars can (sometimes) make or break your career. I think Rob may have taken that into consideration?
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
Heart_in_Hand
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

Hm. Sometimes when I read these posts I wonder why we sometimes get into such long, heated discussions about things like this. Obviously everyone has a different opinion of Kristen Stewart AS BELLA! Which is really what this thread is supposed to be for (Note the title at the top of the thread). Not talking about Kristen Stewart AS A PERSON!

But what I really don't get is how people let themselves be so hostile against someone they don't even know. I don't claim to either like or dislike Kristen, because I have never met her. I could I really know? I honestly don't understand people who claim "I love Kristen", nor the people who say "I hate Kristen". But to be even more truthful, I am mostly confused by the people why claim to hate her.

I worry that people are so evil and negative that they can not accept the possibility that a person can be good, even if there are things about that person they do not like. Famous people are constantly on display for us... they are bound to do something in the public eye that doesn't exactly make them look wonderful. There is just so much hate in this world... could it really be that hard to either give people the benefit of the doubt? Or at the least, feign indifference. Kristen has committed no crimes, she has never personally attacked any of us (aside from some indirect jabs at the fan base in general, and if you let that get to you so badly I worry for your health). Why should people get so hostile and spout out all this hate and violence against this girl?

Like I said. I'm not really trying to defend Kristen as a person, since I don't know her. I just think people need to take a step back and analyze their feelings, and wonder why they let all the negative feelings consume them so fully. She is one person, and this is just one situation, but this is a universal problem.

Anyway, back to what this thread is supposed to be about: Kristen's ACTING IN THE MOVIE.
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but the threads created in the Cast List are for discussion of the actors themselves, not just them as their characters or how they acted in the movie. The reason they have "Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan" is just to let people know which character she played in the movie. If you look at the first post by the Admins or Mods that created the threads it says something like "A place to discuss Kristen" or "Discuss all things Robert". I checked on that before posting this just to be sure. Feel free to check it out yourself.

*runs and hides behind Rob*

Please don't hurt me. I'm just trying to be helpfull.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

slightlyobsessed and KStewRPattz - I'm with you.

She's just not fake. She's indie - she's not the "smile 24/7 in case a camera is watching" kind of person. Do you known how many celebs say DREADFUL things about fans, but cover it up with bubble gum, cotton candy, and sickeningly sweet smiles? I'll take the honesty over that any day - at least I know where it's coming from. She worked extremely hard to have the majority of fans hating on her or downplaying the work she did and the entire point of the movie.

As for her acting in Twilight: Some people want her to be Bella Swan, even in real life, and that's just wrong. It's like they say she's a terrible actor while talking about what a shrew she is in real life - not even realizing that PROVES what a big jump she made to play Bella. She dove into that role with her heart, and put way more work and thought into that character than anyone her age. She showed artistic maturity more appropriate for a 30-year-old. She deserves credit for that. People are just way too protective of the character - I think there are some fans who were pre-programmed to hate whoever played Bella, just out of jealousy.

I don't think her comments mean that she doesn't like Twilight, or that she is ungrateful. I think she'd be fine with the fame if it wasn't so fake. They want to be near her because she's in Twilight, and then go bashing her behind her back. She's gotten far too little positive credit for the work she put in, or her interpretation of Bella, which I happened to think was perfect.

People say she was too twitchy sometimes. Once in Bio - when she is totally floored by Edward's voice and his gaze. Just like Bella. Another time when he suggested she go to Jacksonville - when she was almost in pain at the thought of being separated from him. Just like Bella. Check the scenes in the movie where she's twitchy or blinks a lot with the same scenes in the book. Bella often describes how she had difficulty breathing and speaking around Edward. That's what Kristen was doing.

People say Kristen acted like she was bored the whole time. They don't know Bella's' mind well enough then. She was often distracted and less enthusiastic than her peers - because she wasn't thinking like a typical teen. She was caught up in legends, fatal attractions, all with a personality that was more like a parent than a child. Bella is always having vivid dreams and observing and feeling more than anyone around her - so she probably does appear distracted often. So I think Kris nailed it.

Image Image
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

Heart_in_Hand wrote:
Anyway, back to what this thread is supposed to be about: Kristen's ACTING IN THE MOVIE.
we can discuss all about Kstew here! just like how we discuss jackson, kellan, Rob and other actors... FYI..

*being a stup!d rule guard again... LOL*

oopppss kris already noted it... hahaha..
and btw.. almost ready for the next thread...
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

What did her dad say?
ImageImage
E<3B
shinyredvolvo
Settled in Forks

Post by shinyredvolvo »

I am a little sick of people giving her such a hard time. Im sure you could take any quotes from the cast and turn them to seem bad. They all say things about how its been a "crazy" ride and how they weren't ready for the fame that came a long with the movie.

If you watch interviews with her on MTV or what not she seems happy about her role and really enjoys being Bella. Yes, she may go on about how insane it's been on the red carpet of comic con, but Rob has said things a long those lines and nobody flames him for such things. I feel like she is given a harder time since everyone wants to be Bella and everyone wants an Edward! That is fine! It is meant to be that way. Bella was meant to be a girl who's shoes every girl could see herself in and Edward is the dream boy! (well, maybe Jasper for me ;))

Yes, I think she needs to watch what she says a little more so these things dont happen, but as long as she gives it her all in New Moon and the rest of the movies we can't hate her! Besides, she is a human and everyone has mistakes!

Just adding an other thought here, I just read some more past post about her always acting bored or that she needs to suck it up since it is a teen movie. I feel like she sucked it up for promo after the movie, and now the promo period is over and they are about to go into filming of New Moon. So Im sure relaxing and getting ready for New Moon is her focus. When it comes to her being bored, that may just be the way she is. Some people just are not hyper or loud. Only because she is in the press to people pick that apart.