Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Allison
Wandering Through Town

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by Allison »

I have to say first off that I am a little biased when it comes to Kristen, because Into the Wild is one of my top five favorite movies of all time. So I'm definitely a fan of her work. That being said, I think she did well in Twilight. I've read a few reviews about the part where she is moaning, so I'm offering up my opinions on that part. I kind of gathered from the books that Bella was the type of girl who downplayed any of her injuries, anything that hurt her. Like she was the type of girl who will only scream in pain if that pain is so unbelievably horrible. Remember in Breaking Dawn? She didn't even scream then, in the utmost pain of transformation. So I personally think Kristen did a great job of getting into the character deep enough to realized that as Bella, she wouldn't scream, she would moan with the effort of NOT screaming, actually.

But like I said, that's me. I'm really excited to see what a bigger budget, longer scriptwriting, and the actors being familiar with each other and their roles does for New Moon on the big screen! I truly think it can only get better!
ImageImageImageNM p.201
jules143
Settled in Forks

Post by jules143 »

I struggle with Kristen playing Bella, like a lot of people, because I think we ALL see a part of ourselves in Bella. It's so easy to relate to her in the books.

I think she did a good job in the movie...not as good as Robert, but I'm biased!

But Kristen kinda annoys me in her interviews and with the fans. She acts like she wants to be left alone and that everybody gets on her nerves...does anybody else feel that way??
italiangirl1577
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by italiangirl1577 »

jules143 wrote:I struggle with Kristen playing Bella, like a lot of people, because I think we ALL see a part of ourselves in Bella. It's so easy to relate to her in the books.

I think she did a good job in the movie...not as good as Robert, but I'm biased!

But Kristen kinda annoys me in her interviews and with the fans. She acts like she wants to be left alone and that everybody gets on her nerves...does anybody else feel that way??
I do.

She was...well...I'm not exactly sure how to put this without everyone getting angry with me, so please just remeber this is my personal opinnion. She lacked a bit of emotion in the movie, which kind of bothered me. She also gave me the impression that (like jules143 said) she would rather be left alone. Bella could be a little difficult to portray, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt, but I think there are other actresses out there who could, perhaps, do it a bit better. Please don't get angry with me! I don't hate her, I'm just stating my opinnion.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

It's like everyone is afraid of getting rejected from the Lex for posting anything negative. We're allowed to have our opinions, good or bad, so don't feel guilty about sharing them! :)
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
BuffytheVampireLover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Miami during the school year, Boston for the in betweens

Post by BuffytheVampireLover »

I went in trying to keep an open mind, because I'm not a fan of Kristen as Bella. That being said, I think she did exceed my expectations...but that really isn't tha big an accomplishment because they were low to start with. There were definitely moments where I felt like she was playing it appropriately, especially when it came to her interactions with Charlie. I also (and I know alot of people didn't like this) thought that her in the hospital at the end, when she was just stuttering and freaking out, that's how I imagined Bella reacting. However, overall I have to agree that she played it as sullen, angsty, and strong-willed. She barely ever smiled or looked genuinely happy, which is how she should have looked practically every scene with Edward. I feel like it wasn't that she was emotionally flat, it was that she seems to be able to play every emotion but happy. I think she will do an awesome job in New Moon for exactly that reason though, so I actually don't want them to change her. I think in general, I just pictured her drastically differently (not me because I'm too different from Bella) but I still need to see it a second time.
*Jenny*

"Why don't you try to dig a little deeper and find a bigger set of balls, because you're going to need them."

Hey Jacob, 'I told you so' has a twin brother; his name is 'shut the hell up'.

mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

As mentioned before, i was kinda crushed about that one MSN article where Kristen said something about the fans- as many of you were. I'm sure we discussed that interview a couple pages back in this thread, but i found this and i feel SO MUCH BETTER about Kristen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPtuQN2BjSE
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^ LOVE her in that clip. Never believed she said it to begin with, but it's great that she feels like she needs to clear it up. I LOVE KRISTEN! :) She's awesome. Woot.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
-Bella-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -Bella- »

im glad she cleared it up!

Thank you soo much for that video!

I love her too <33
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

I just saw the move for the 2nd time, and I think she was 10 x's better. I don't know why...obviously nothing changed...but I got over my version of Bella and accepted hers.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Post by stellar87 »

twilight1909 wrote:I just saw the move for the 2nd time, and I think she was 10 x's better. I don't know why...obviously nothing changed...but I got over my version of Bella and accepted hers.
Yay, I'm so glad you saw it again and liked it a bit more! I really, really need to see it again.
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!