Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by urcoolcarrie »

TheCobraStrikes wrote:
urcoolcarrie wrote:Come on guys, they are people just like you and I.
I don't smoke, never have smoked, and don't plan on ever starting. But actors are people too, and they can do what they want. I hate reading about stuff like this because its like people are just trying to find out everything about the actors lives. Leave them alone!
Exactly! They're not perfect and maybe with all the pressure they're getting, they're starting to react, you know, as a way of telling everyone to lay off and not set their expectations up so high (no pun intended).
I know!! I personally don't like smoking, but if thats what floats their boats, so be it. And yes, what are you supposed to do when people expect so much out of you? Act like everything is normal? No. The cast is going to have their own ways of dealing with the stress, and this seems to be one way of doing so.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
KaitElisa
Settled in Forks

Post by KaitElisa »

This one up here above me is a breath of fresh air!!!

You rock girl :)

<3 Kait
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

^Thank you very much! :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
KaitElisa
Settled in Forks

Post by KaitElisa »

btw- I DVR every episode of the new Beverly Hills 90210- hehe :)
hanniedee
Settled in Forks

Post by hanniedee »

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side! :lol: i freaking love kristen.
-Bella-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -Bella- »

KaitElisa wrote:
-Bella- wrote:umm excuse me but I did mention in my previus post that

"THIS IS HOLLYWOOD AFTER ALL"

I guess you missed that comment of mine!

I know she is not my perfect Bellaand he is NOT a perfect Edward, they are characters from a BOOK, I am very well aware of that

But it does seem a bit weird to to see someone play a character and then do the oposite in real life, but then again thas why they are actors and that is their job, to play something they are not

I am sorry to say, but your comments were extremely hurtful,

it is true that I did not go to high school, I only went freshmen year and then the rest I was homeschooled, cuz I choose to be

but that does NOT mean I don't know what goes on in the real world,

for YOUR information (and I don't know whether you will believe me or not) but I am currenrly writing a novel (and I am 16 years old) on religions and middle east that has been accepted by a prestigous literary agency and it's gonna be published next year

I don't mention myself as an author much because I do no like to brag, but your hurtful comments forced myself to say so

Really, you're writing a novel at 16? That is quite the accomplishment! I graduated at 16 and went to M.I.T. (Massachusettes Institute of Technology)! After I got my Bachelors degree in Journalism with a minor in Political Science, I passed the master's test and was accepted at Columbia Univerisity where I studied Historic World Religions and ended up getting my Masters degree in Political Science because it intrigued me. Don't be sorry for boasting about your novel that is going to be published next year, be proud! I mean you are only 16 afterall- I'm absolutely amazed... and doubtful. I'm sure your prestigious education taught you about "unprotected anal sex", is protected anal sex ok in your opinion? or sex in general? What about the drug use that 85% of USA college students experiement with? I'd doubt it due to your uneducated and immature comments. If you're so intelligent then why are you hurt by my comments? I was taught in journalism how to take critiques and become a better writer out of them, I suppose you didn't learn that in homeschooling "by choice" did you? You have a ot of life to learn and a lot of lies to avoid- so I'd suggest that you get some life experience, go to college, and for that matter go to high school before you bash actors that are far less intellectual than you! "Never let vengence force you, only inspiration"- James McManus (my teacher and mentor- you should Google him!). I'd suggest you learn from that... congrats on the book, I can't wait to see you on the NY best sellers list!

All my love :)
Kait
*edit* person below me summed up all I have to say :D
Last edited by -Bella- on Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allisoninLA
Settled in Forks

Post by allisoninLA »

Regarding Kristen photographed smoking pot...

I hear what people are saying about "the stars are allowed to have private lives," and I'm sure many of us wish that those pictures were never taken so that we did not have to deal with Kristen's private life... But the pictures were taken.

The most unfortunate aspect of the pix is that Kristen is now (whether she wants to be or not) a role model to a lot of young girls -- girls who will see those pix and either feel disappointment OR will rationalize her behavior to maintain their admiration for her (how sad that these girls will find ways to rationalize smoking up in the middle of the day...). Both are unfortunate conclusions.

Though we are in the midst of a PC era where the vibe is that everyone is "free to be you and me" and we are expected to say "if she wants to smoke pot, it's her personal life," I'm going to step out of that PC mind control and actually express my gut feeling. The reason society holds a stigma against pot and chemically-induced highs is because their use points to character weakness. Period. (I mean, it's kinda hard to make a case that someone who requires a chemical high is a particularly strong or together person. And bottom line: a user is someone who didn't have the strength to "just say no" at some point.) So, though I respect Kristen's right to have a personal life, I am going to be among the fans who dare to be disappointed in this newly public aspect of her character, and her weakness. (And please NOTE: smoking up in the middle of the day is a far different kind of user than the "take a puff at a party" type -- though, personally, I think both are pretty uncool).

I will continue to watch the movies, and admire Bella the character. But how sad that I have lost respect for Kristen the actor.

P.S. As someone in L.A. and with friends in the Hollywood scene, that is not an excuse I will accept for Kristen. Yes, we have a LOT of temptations out here, and a lot more access. But that doesn't mean one needs to give in to the pressures... And again, I would like to point out that Kristen is not smoking up at some Hollywood club at a party. She's getting high on her porch in the middle of the day... That's just sad.
-Bella-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -Bella- »

allisoninLA wrote:Regarding Kristen photographed smoking pot...

I hear what people are saying about "the stars are allowed to have private lives," and I'm sure many of us wish that those pictures were never taken so that we did not have to deal with Kristen's private life... But the pictures were taken.

The most unfortunate aspect of the pix is that Kristen is now (whether she wants to be or not) a role model to a lot of young girls -- girls who will see those pix and either feel disappointment OR will rationalize her behavior to maintain their admiration for her (how sad that these girls will find ways to rationalize smoking up in the middle of the day...). Both are unfortunate conclusions.

Though we are in the midst of a PC era where the vibe is that everyone is "free to be you and me" and we are expected to say "if she wants to smoke pot, it's her personal life," I'm going to step out of that PC mind control and actually express my gut feeling. The reason society holds a stigma against pot and chemically-induced highs is because their use points to character weakness. Period. (I mean, it's kinda hard to make a case that someone who requires a chemical high is a particularly strong or together person. And bottom line: a user is someone who didn't have the strength to "just say no" at some point.) So, though I respect Kristen's right to have a personal life, I am going to be among the fans who dare to be disappointed in this newly public aspect of her character, and her weakness. (And please NOTE: smoking up in the middle of the day is a far different kind of user than the "take a puff at a party" type -- though, personally, I think both are pretty uncool).

I will continue to watch the movies, and admire Bella the character. But how sad that I have lost respect for Kristen the actor.

P.S. As someone in L.A. and with friends in the Hollywood scene, that is not an excuse I will accept for Kristen. Yes, we have a LOT of temptations out here, and a lot more access. But that doesn't mean one needs to give in to the pressures... And again, I would like to point out that Kristen is not smoking up at some Hollywood club at a party. She's getting high on her porch in the middle of the day... That's just sad.

AMEN AMEN AMEN

THANK you soo MUCH! you summed up what I was tryng to say, but could't find the words!

I ESPECIALLY agree with this

Once again THank YOU! God Bless you!
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

Hey- regarding Kristen having a litle smokey-smokey- to quote the great late Bradley Nowell.. "..if it makes you feel right- it's your own life." :lol: Who cares? It's a plant. It's not like they caught her sticking needles in her arm, or snorting something.
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
allisoninLA
Settled in Forks

Post by allisoninLA »

heroin is derived from the poppy plant