Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by JenJen2112 »

Like I've said in other threads, I don't think it was Kristen's fault she didn't come off as the Bella we know from the books...I think a huge piece was the director and the screen play...(sorry for those who really liked CH, I like her other work, just wasn't a fan of her doing Twilight)...the Bella from the book had a ton of emotions and wasn't afraid to show them...especially the temper tantrums...hopefully New Moon will show us that range (especially when Edward is gone)
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

essence of black wrote:
LoveEmmettCullen wrote:I think Kristen Stewart looks like Bella, but she isn't like her when she's acting the part of her. She's just too manly in the movie. Her voice is so deep and she always has this weird look on her face when she's talking to Rob, or Edward. It bugs me. I saw Catch that Kid, a few weeks before I read Twilight, and as I was searching the Twilight trailer on the net once I had finished reading the whole series, I realized the girl who played Maddy, was the exact same girl who was going to play Bella and I got so p*****.... not that I don't like her, but in Catch that Kid, she played the role of this tomboy and urgh, it's ruined Twilight for me. :[
im glad im nto the only one who thinks her voice is far to manly,
im not entirely shure what i expected from a bella in the film, but kirsten just dosent hit the spot as far as im concerned.

from what i have seen of the trailers i think her acting in certain bits seems almost wooden, i tell you if she butchers the performance in new moon then i and many others i would assume will be baying for her blood
I actaully didn't know what people were talking about when they said her voice is manly but in the movie, HER voice was manly. when she was in the hospital and then when she was yelling at Edward to take her back I lmao, it wasn't Bella-ish at all. Her voice was very deep.
and her acting wasn't THAT good. good but not good enough. I hope she improves in new moon.
cullen_kissez
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullen_kissez »

I'm remembering Rachael Leigh Cook from She's All That .. and if she weren't that older now, she'd be a perfect Bella.
.:: why try and fit in when I was born to stand out? ::.

..and then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
E<3B
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

I know what you mean about the manly thing. Maybe it is because of all of that "smoking" aka (pot) that she has been doing lately. NOt good for the vocals, LOL. There is even a pic of her out there in the magazine smoking up. Interesting....
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Dazzled_by_Cullens wrote:I know what you mean about the manly thing. Maybe it is because of all of that "smoking" aka (pot) that she has been doing lately. NOt good for the vocals, LOL. There is even a pic of her out there in the magazine smoking up. Interesting....
that's what i thought.
in latest pictures, her skin was breaking out. I mean, i don't necessary want her to be like fake or anything. but...sigh

I hope she improves in new moon. she really needs to walk up the ladders and fast.
LoveEmmettCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by LoveEmmettCullen »

Of all people to replace, they choose Taylor Lautner. Why not Kristen Stewart? Sure she has the "Bella look", but her facial expressions and her voice just doesn't cut it.
But I guess it would be weird if they replaced Kristen, because replacements suck.
She never seems all that excited or interested in interviews when shes asked about the role of playing Bella Swan in Twilight. She probably has to be the most unenthusiastic of them all. She doesn't deserve to play Bella. :[
But that's just my opinion, so please don't kill me!
Team Edward? Team Jacob? Phfftt... Team Emmett!
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

LoveEmmettCullen wrote:Of all people to replace, they choose Taylor Lautner. Why not Kristen Stewart? Sure she has the "Bella look", but her facial expressions and her voice just doesn't cut it.
But I guess it would be weird if they replaced Kristen, because replacements suck.
She never seems all that excited or interested in interviews when shes asked about the role of playing Bella Swan in Twilight. She probably has to be the most unenthusiastic of them all. She doesn't deserve to play Bella. :[
But that's just my opinion, so please don't kill me!
lol I hope no one kills you too...I have heard that she gets really nervous doing interviews and stuff so she seems stand-offish while doing them...I think she's a great actress but the script of Twilight didn't give her much to work with emotion wise...I don't think its the best movie she's ever done by any means at all...hopefully New Moon will turn out better than Twilight over all
LoveEmmettCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by LoveEmmettCullen »

Here's some evidence of my post:

It can be tough on a young starlet when all of the world's attention is suddenly turned your way. Kristen Stewart plays the female lead in the blockbuster teen vampire flick Twilight, and with that comes huge amounts of press and everyone wanting a piece of you. Stewart is revealing herself to be over the media, and would much rather stay at home and smoke a bowl. On the front steps. Literally.

When Stewart isn't indulging in the herb on her stoop like a druggy 227, she's reportedly complaining about having to do interviews about her movie. That's what comes with making the big bucks, honey! Sources say that Stewart is a horror to interview, has difficulty answering the most basic questions about the film she's in, and throws temper tantrums when it comes time for her to face the press.

''It's not like we were delving into her personal life, asking who she's dating, or whether she'd been to rehab,''a source said. Here's Kristen arriving at the Ed Sullivan Theater for her appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman in NYC.

Stewart could reportedly be overhead snapping ''I really, really hate doing this," during the Twilight press junket and could come across as "over-medicated" at times. Stoned. One source said that Stewart ''had to be begged to do anything.'' Leave her alone! She just wants to watch TV, and indulge in the latest Frito-Lay product in a green haze!

Source: http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/mt/mt ... udeBlogs=1
Team Edward? Team Jacob? Phfftt... Team Emmett!
-Bella-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -Bella- »

Yeah okay well you are the one who picked this life. So deal with it. I agree with the writer lol.
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

I find it interesting that there's a ton of criticism floating around in regards to Kristen.

I think some your expectations are a bit high. Sure, she's an actor in the spotlight but doesn't mean she has to be a role model. So what if she doesn't like the press? It's just not her cup of tea. I don't think that makes her full of herself or rude. So what if she smokes mary jane? (even though it would have been smart for her NOT to get photographed in the act.)

I don't necessarily think her voice is manly either but it definitely stands out in comparison to Nikki Reed and Ashley Green. She's definitely Tomboy-ish and she brought a little bit of that into the Twilight role. But I still like her as Bella.

I think New Moon and Eclipse will test her and make her expand her boundaries and improve her acting skills. She'll do a good job I think.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...