Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mavors
Settled in Forks

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by Mavors »

Exuse me for the ignorance but what exactly a pot is? I mean is that something that gives addiction , some sort of illegal substance or what? To me it looks more like a pipe... :?
Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
elibat
Settled in Forks

Post by elibat »

I really didn't like Kristen as Bella. I think she played the role pretty badly.
She acted frightened when she claimed she wasn't scared and the facial expression she made with her mouth was so annoying. I think they could've found a much better actress. :|
I guess things are going to be kind of boring now, aren't they?
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

elibat wrote:I really didn't like Kristen as Bella. I think she played the role pretty badly.
She acted frightened when she claimed she wasn't scared and the facial expression she made with her mouth was so annoying. I think they could've found a much better actress. :|
I agree with you, in a way. Physically, I think she is perfect, but acting I didn't think she was really good. She had the same expression on her face the whole movie, with her typical face with like an eyebrow lifted...like, she's always like that, I think.
shygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by shygirl1 »

I think she is starting to get the WHOLE Twilight thing. At first she was totally unprepared, but with the 2nd installment she is going to step her game up. We will see her do her thing and nail it. You hiya just watch!
bodysnatcher

Post by bodysnatcher »

Regarding Kristen Stewart smoking weed:

Who cares. Everyone thinks smoking pot is bad just because it's illegal. Just in case some of you are way too close-minded and sheltered, let's look back at Prohibition, and Jim Crowe Laws. Just because the country deams some things illegal doesn't make them BAD. Kristen Stewart is awesome. LoL, fame has obviously NOT gone to her head if she can wake up in the morning and smoke some weed with her BF in her pajamas on her porch.

weed. is. not. a. big. deal.
: )
"and the boy loved the tree"
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Ambrosia »

I think Kristin is physically a perfect fit for Bella. I actually think she did a decent job. She needs to amp up the emotion but I'm sure she will for New Moon. She seemed to interact with Jacob better than Edward I think.

I didn't particularly care for all of her studdering though.
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
elibat
Settled in Forks

Post by elibat »

bodysnatcher wrote:Regarding Kristen Stewart smoking weed:

Who cares. Everyone thinks smoking pot is bad just because it's illegal. Just in case some of you are way too close-minded and sheltered, let's look back at Prohibition, and Jim Crowe Laws. Just because the country deams some things illegal doesn't make them BAD. Kristen Stewart is awesome. LoL, fame has obviously NOT gone to her head if she can wake up in the morning and smoke some weed with her BF in her pajamas on her porch.

weed. is. not. a. big. deal.
: )

It is when your an actress. People don't like it because it kills brain cells, not because it's illegal.
Saying it's okay because it's a plant is like saying tobacco is good for you too. :|
I guess things are going to be kind of boring now, aren't they?
Ohs0sexyBella<3

Post by Ohs0sexyBella<3 »

shygirl1 wrote:I think she is starting to get the WHOLE Twilight thing. At first she was totally unprepared, but with the 2nd installment she is going to step her game up. We will see her do her thing and nail it. You hiya just watch!
Lets hope....she didnt impress me much this movie.... :? Us fans are a LITTLE picky...haha :lol:
Randomness Reggi..:)Banner made my the awesome shel:]
italiangirl1577
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by italiangirl1577 »

Ohs0sexyBella<3 wrote:
shygirl1 wrote:I think she is starting to get the WHOLE Twilight thing. At first she was totally unprepared, but with the 2nd installment she is going to step her game up. We will see her do her thing and nail it. You hiya just watch!
Lets hope....she didnt impress me much this movie.... :? Us fans are a LITTLE picky...haha :lol:
We're not being picky, she really wasn't that great. I personally think she'll do a better job in New Moon...for most of the book (except when she's with Jacob) Bella's like in a zombie-trance. Kristen already took care of that in Twilight. In all of the scenes where Bella's with Edward and she's supposed to be happy, she looked like she didn't want to be there. It's all about knowing the character. Did she even read Twilight before or after she got the role? As an actress, it is best to learn all you can about the character before you actually have to do the job.

A bit harsh, but you never get better until you learn to take and use criticism to better your performance.
Ohs0sexyBella<3

Post by Ohs0sexyBella<3 »

italiangirl1577 wrote:
Ohs0sexyBella<3 wrote:
We're not being picky, she really wasn't that great. I personally think she'll do a better job in New Moon...for most of the book (except when she's with Jacob) Bella's like in a zombie-trance. Kristen already took care of that in Twilight. In all of the scenes where Bella's with Edward and she's supposed to be happy, she looked like she didn't want to be there. It's all about knowing the character. Did she even read Twilight before or after she got the role? As an actress, it is best to learn all you can about the character before you actually have to do the job.

A bit harsh, but you never get better until you learn to take and use criticism to better your performance.

No I completely agree with you...I felt very iffy about the movie just because it's supposed to be like this epic love story between two people living in totally different poles yet it looked a little like a temporary teenage adventure. I just never like Kristen. Don't get me wrong- she's a great actress but not for Twilight. She had this tone in her voice that NEVER changed. I know whats its like to be in love and I NEVER believed that she was with Edward in those two whole hours. She didn't look dazzled!!.. 8-)
Randomness Reggi..:)Banner made my the awesome shel:]