Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by darkrider »

Most of my friends and people that I talk to about the Twilight movie think that Stewart is too pretty to play Bella. I However, disagree. I think she's pretty, but the kind of pretty that doesn't distract you. She's a beautiful girl but she doesn't flaunt it. Kristen Stewart is, in my opinion, perfect for Bella Swan. She's almost what I imagined Bella's character. She's the pretty girl, but she doesn't know it. Feel free to let me know if you agree or not. ;)

-Dark

PostScript, It's nice to be back!
<3 you all
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
edwardisMYhero
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardisMYhero »

darkrider wrote:Most of my friends and people that I talk to about the Twilight movie think that Stewart is too pretty to play Bella. I However, disagree. I think she's pretty, but the kind of pretty that doesn't distract you. She's a beautiful girl but she doesn't flaunt it. Kristen Stewart is, in my opinion, perfect for Bella Swan. She's almost what I imagined Bella's character. She's the pretty girl, but she doesn't know it.
I totally am with you! No one else agrees with me in my school. :?: And I just dont get it, Bella isnt SUPPOSED to be DROP dead gorgeous. Shes supposed to be normal.
ImageImage
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

Hey dark- i agree i think that she is a good bella- the looks and all.
but with the recent articles and her attitude in interviews-- i am not a big fan of hers with that being said i love just about every movie she is in-- so i love her as an actress.
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
bellanedward4eva
Settled in Forks

Post by bellanedward4eva »

I really think the article was taken out of context in some way. I have watched every interview I can possibly find on the net and in magazines, etc. and I think she seems very grateful for the fans. I don't think she likes attention very much. She seems very shy. I think she took this role b/c she was compelled to, not b/c she thought it would be huge. I honestly think she could take or leave the hype. She seems like she just wants to play characters that are interesting and deep and not superficial.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

bellanedward4eva wrote:I really think the article was taken out of context in some way. I have watched every interview I can possibly find on the net and in magazines, etc. and I think she seems very grateful for the fans. I don't think she likes attention very much. She seems very shy. I think she took this role b/c she was compelled to, not b/c she thought it would be huge. I honestly think she could take or leave the hype. She seems like she just wants to play characters that are interesting and deep and not superficial.

Agreed, as mentioned before i became a little distraught with some of her answers- but now that i think on it, every article or interview that i became uncomfortable reading was written up. However whenever i SEE an interview as in a video, i'm able to see Kristen's sincerity and humility to play roles that have root and life. I too think many of her interviews were taken out of context. She really does seem to care about the books as much as we do *at least i hope so*
All i want is to have actors who adore the books like we do, and have them play it to the best of their ability because they WANT TO, not because they have to....
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
KRISI
Settled in Forks
Location: New Zealand (that little green place at the bottom of the world next to Australia)

Post by KRISI »

Yupyup to mlola619. It would CRUSH me to have actors and actresses who don't love the books, or even worse, have NEVER READ THEM. There's stuff that you can't really capture by reading a script, if you know what I mean...

"look dazzled because a gorgeous vampire who you're in love with is staring at you"...

Umm. . . No. Not going to work.

So I'm just hoping, hoping, hoping she can bring Bella to life on the big screen. To be honest I'm not really interested with her as a person, just with how she plays Bella! :P
~♥~ in love with EMMETT ~♥~
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Kristen is GORGEOUS - but they seriously toned her down for Bella. I mean, Bella is still really really pretty, but it's totally in a regular girl kind of way. Then I see her at the photo shoots and stuff and I'm like "WOAH - BABE." Haha.

It also makes me wonder what they are going to do when she turns into Vamp Bella - they're totally going to sex up her hair and giver her more make up I think.

Either way, she's gorgeous. And a BRILLIANT actress. We're really lucky to have her! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
-Bella-
Wandering Through Town

Post by -Bella- »

I love Kristen Stewart as Bella :D

Bella is my FAV FAV character in the book :D

Yes yes, I adore Edward as well! but I relate to Bella so much that I can't help but love her! :)

I don't get why so many people don't like Bella or even Kristen for that matter!

I have read about people who met her, and from their experiences Kristen was really sweet and humble! :)

Sure, she does comes across as super serious in a lot of interviews, but like someone said, she really is under a lot of pressure and some people just don't express themselves as much in public, but that does not make them arrogant :)
Hearts in red ink.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hearts in red ink. »

I think she's going to be the perfect Bella.

She's how I pictured Bella, pretty but in an average way. She's a great actress too. She seems to have the same personality as Bella too, I think this part is effortless for her.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I think it's so effortless for her because she's a normal 18 year old.. just like Bella. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/